Slimtone Plus & Body Cleanse

jb100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Ive got quite a big problem, on the 23rd of July my partner signed up to slimtoneplus and body cleanse on a 14 day free trail, I then went to check my balance today and exactly 14 days after she started the free trail I have been billed £75 and £37.50. I cant talk to anyone now because they are closed but i wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them, please someone help it has put me in a very bad position still weeks before payday.

JB

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had an experience with these people... I signed up for the free trial, went through the process for the Slimtone Raspberry Ketone pills then went to do the same with the Bodycleanse colon pills and stopped as i saw that they would be wanting to charge me £75 after the free trial and if i were to cancel i am required to return at least 50% or pay for the items i am keeping... I therefore didn't want to continue and tried to call these people... i was in a queue for quite some time when a couple of emails came through to me saying that i needed to click on this link to complete my order for both items... obviously i didn't do this. Then noticed i had also had 2 emails confirming my orders placed with them!!! I got straight on the phone again and waited almost 20m to actually speak to somebody to be told that it's impossible for them to stop the order and that i would have to call them again once i have received the goods and cancel, then they could give me the details of how to return the items (plus pay postage AGAIN) for things i didn't want and didn't confirm the order!

The call went on for quite some time but i got absolutely nowhere!! I find it very hard to believe that a CS team don't have ANY contact with the depot that despatched and receives returns for them! I have never heard anything like it and don't believe a word! The woman was incredibly unhelpful and just kept harping on about the terms that i have agreed to... I pointed out umpteen times that i hadn't confirmed the order by clicking on the link and therefore do not want them!

Still, i have achieved nothing and am now having to wait for the goods so that i can have the pleasure of speaking to them all over again and pay for the privilege of returning them. I would suggest that people do not use these con artists at all! An absolute joke of a company!!:-x

This is a known [problem], the companies send out tablets you can buy for far less than £75 a month in Health Food Shops.

Get in contact with the police and ask for a crime number and then use that to get the money back from your bank.

You can't cancel in 14 days as they don't allow cancellations until you have received (if you DO receive the goods) the goods... which takes longer than 14 days as they come from weird and wonderful places.

I followed the correct procedure to cancel and today around 6 weeks after I placed my order for the free trial they charged my card £37.50 and £75.00! So I am in the process of phoning them but will report to my bank as fraud. Received two emails from them today confirming cancellation. I returned items on 1st august and have a receipt to prove it!

Seems it doesn't matter if you follow the correct cancellation procedure!

hi, same thing has just happened to me. i know quite a few people who have now said they did the same thing. i ws also told to post the items back using regestered airmail as it has to go to ireland and will take some time, if not back by 3 sep they will charge me accordingly. my daughter has now told me she did the same thing with similar product but has already been charged. she has to write to a company to request her money back but this will take months as she has to return the product to the original country of origin, not the depot within uk that sent them to her. these are scams that rip off the vulnerable, i hope we can stop others making this mistake

Hi, the same thing has also happened to me..I joined for the trial on 3rd Aug but as soon as i realised the costs to follow, I cancelled the contract .I have followed their instructions to the letter, included all references as advised when I returned the packages (well within the stipulated time frame), but as yet my account has not been credited. Has anyone actually managed to get their money back? I contact them via email only as I couldn't get to talk to anyone over the phone.

We have just been contacted by somneone making a complaint about this thread but they have supplied an invalid email address.

Please would they resend their complaint with correct contact details.

Thanks

Well, I have had no response so I'll publish a copy of the complaint which we have received.

The email address doesn't work

Name: Misc

Company: self employed

Company Address:

n/a

Phone:

Email: lf@bestraspberryketone.com

I have a screen shot of you discrediting slimtone plus yet advertising their trial on the same page. if this thread isnt deleted i will be setting up a website to show everyone how you work

I suppose that the sender was referring to a Google generated as for the Slimtone product which might have appeared alongside this thread.

As most people know, Google generates ads based upon the context of the page that people are reading at the time.

I'd love to know how much Slimtone Plus people are getting for their £75.

If people really believe in this stuff then they should investigate getting it from Amazon. It may be cheaper there - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=slimtone+plus

Also, looking round the internet, there seems to be lots of complaints about this company which seem to be very similar to the complaints being made here

Yes I also foolishly signed up for the free trial of these pills then when reading the letter that came with them found out I'd signed up to allow them to take money from my bank monthly, it's exactly 14 day after i signed up for them.

My bank can only request the money back when they take the money from my account but that doesn't stop my bank going overdrawn because I have dd's being taken from my account so it will end up costing me more in the end.

My friend said I should lose my bank card & request a new 1 then they have no way of taking any more money from me, I admit normally I can spot a [problem] but I did'nt see this 1 coming.

I think I gonna go back 2 weight watchers that's only £20 a month & you get to talk to some 1 on the phone not a machine that sounds like its on drugs. :-x

Ive just signed up to the free trial yesterday :/

I was looking to see if you could buy them elsewhere when i came across this post, i feel stupid for falling for it.

any ideas how to stop them taking money.. i.e closing bank account??

i to signed up to this product not knowing they were going to take £75 of my card, there advert said nothing about a 14 day trial they took the money as soon as the clock struck into the 15th day have rang my bank and the company and what a total waste of time the call handler was very abussive i have now had to cancel my cards and got to wait for new ones to be issued they should not be allowed to mis advertise

Hi...does anyone know if closing the account used can stop them from taking the money off the account?

I have just received the items today and decided to return them but can't get hold of anybody! I am starting to worry now..please help me with this.thank you

Hi

I completed the form for the raspberry ketone and something made me stop before entering my debit card details. I read the terms at the bottom of the page and thought £37.50 a month isn't too bad. Went for a cigarette and it dawned on me was this payment for both the raspberry ketone and the cleansing stuff? Good job I checked as it wasn't. Thought I'd read reviews on the products (a little late I know) and came across this website. So glad I did seeing all the problems consumers are having to cancel their subscriptions. Definitely not going ahead with this purchase!!

Yes Yes, I'm weird. I tried being normal once, was the most boring 5 minutes of my life!:madgrin:

hi jersey nikki have not sent the items back as they are not prepared to give me any money back imy bank have cancelled my card and sent a new one out just in case they did try and take any money but i did try and ring the company back and it said my account has been closed

Hi I have also been caught out by the Slim Tone [problem] and I sent the following letter to my bank. I thought it might help anyone else who decided to contact their bank.

Dear ******** Bank,

I write regarding an issue I havehad with a company called Slim tone Plus. I agreed to try a free sample oftheir product on the 06/09/2012. I decided within an hour of agreeing to theirfree trial to check the internet and I was horrified to what I discovered.

Please search the internet under slimtone plus, their are quite a few forums who are very un-happy with this company

Apparently I have contracted myselfinto a £75 per month agreement simply by asking for the trial. I telephoned thecompany immediately and told them that this was fraud as I had not signed orasked for this contract.

They told me that when the freesample arrives I should return it and at this point they will cancel thecontract. I have since learnt that this free trial does not arrive within the14 day cancellation period therefore voiding any rights I may have had.Please can you make sure that this company does not take any money whatsoeverfrom my bank account? I will be contacting the police for a crime number,obviously it will make life easier for me if you do not let them take any moneyfrom my account. If necessary please cancel my card and send mea new one. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Yours Sincerely

hi jess in a mess

I have phoned my bank and cancelled the account i've used for slimtone. They have advised me to wait for 3-5 days for the issuance of my new card, i hope it will arrive in a timely manner before the 14th day because only then they can totally cancel the account when i receive the card and give them a ring to inform them i have received my new card.

Hi, can't believe that I have fallen for exactly the same [problem]. Have received an e-mail from the company telling me I owe £75 and the £30+.

Could not contact them etc etc. Is it right that they have now closed down?

Is the advice that we can any cards that we ordered the items with?

Thanks.

i so wish i hadn't agreed to this [problem]. Didn't realise until it was too late. I made the order last thursday and i have actually received the items today. I want to start trying them out tomorrow (if they work at all!!!?) but now concerned as to what to do with everyones remarks. Do i use them and just get my bank to change my card and send letter? I cant afford for that kind of money to come out of my account as i will be overdrawn. Any advice more than welcome.