Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wouldn't trust 'Close Protection UK' to guard a bag of spuds after reading that. Rather a grand company name for such a seemingly poor looking outfit

Their offices leave a lot to be desired as well, I did a quick Google street map, it's a pokey little side street office with a building site on one side and an airbrush artists shop on the other, I dunno when the photo was taken but there are a few hopefuls lurking outside waiting for the office to open.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be fair to them their staff "are trained to the highest standards, are always vetted both professionally and personally and have extensive operational experience within commercial, executive and hostile environments"

Bristol, Plymouth and Bath been among the most hostile places our country has to offer of course.

I see the street view now too. I'm not sure whether they are prospective hopefuls or they are elite staff of the business. I see some camouflage and it looks like a hostile environment. I'm unsure.

Mind you offices can be deceiving, a pal of mine who was ex SA armed forces, ran a close protection security firm from a bedroom in a terraced house, he had a couple of ex UK armed forces, one Belgian ex foreign Legion, and four Russian ex god knows what, all doing one-to-one body guarding for wealthy people with more enemy's than friends.

What a polite well mannered bunch of chaps they were.................well, in daylight anyway.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I agree... and it begs the question 'who would you rather have providing protection around a royal event?'

a) a firm operated using an ex SA armed forces, a couple of ex UK armed forces, one Belgian ex foreign Legion, and four Russian ex god knows what

or

b) several bus loads of unemployed people working for free whose 'leadership' believe tents can be set up on concrete

I agree... and it begs the question 'who would you rather have providing protection around a royal event?'

a) a firm operated using an ex SA armed forces, a couple of ex UK armed forces, one Belgian ex foreign Legion, and four Russian ex god knows what

or

b) several bus loads of unemployed people working for free whose 'leadership' believe tents can be set up on concrete

ah....but which one is cheaper? the slave labour brigade win again

I got a letter back from the job centre today regarding my desire to have my personal data deleted from my work programme provider's database. They've agreed to remove my e-mail address and CV (which they didn't have anyway), but they're refusing to make them remove my phone number and any other personal information. They've done this under this term:

"The processing is necessary for the compliance with any legal obligation to which the data controller is subject, other than an obligation imposed by contract"

What's the next step to getting the rest of my data removed from my work programme provider's database?

Ask them to explicitly point toTHAT piece of legislation in the first place

It's taken from here. Page 20.

Later in the letter they go on to say this:

However some sensitve personal data can only be processed where certain conditions are set out in schedule 2 of the Data Protection Act, are satisfied. You will have been asked to give your consent to the information being recorded and as such have the right to change your mind

So if I'm reading this correctly, I can get this data removed? If so how? Apparently asking to have it removed isn't justifiable. But if I send another letter requesting the exact same thing but worded to say that "I've changed my mind" they'll remove it? o_O

http://www.consent.me.uk/workfareconsent/

have a look here it may help in some way

Cheers. I'll see if sending one of those letters off helps.

I just received my letter back from my work programme provider about the six complaints I had against them. Firstly I find it absolutely disgusting that the letter was written by not only someone from my local branch, but one of the individuals who I was complaining about. I think I will make a complaint about this as well. As it's a new complaint do I have to send this to my work programme provider before I can inform ICO, or can I include it as the seventh complaint in my letter to ICO when I send it?

Two of my three complaints about being told that my benefits 'WILL' be sanctioned have been completely denied. The response to the third complaint about this is off-topic. Instead of addressing that I was told that my benefits WOULD be sanctioned for not attending it just says that the job I was told to apply for is suitable. Despite that job being unsuitable for anyone I didn't complain about it all in the letter. Just that I was told that not attending the "interview" WOULD result in my benefits being sanctioned. I wonder if avoiding the subject at hand could count as admittance. ;)

My advisor also denies calling me names and attempting to bully me into signing the data protection waiver.

They claim that the complaints procedure being on a board somewhere in their office is sufficient and that they're not required to inform me about it. I read otherwise somewhere, so I shall look for that again and include it in my letter to ICO.

They inform me that my data can not be removed until after I have completed two years with them. I believe this information to be incorrect.

They inform me that my data can not be removed until after I have completed two years with them. I believe this information to be incorrect.

What information?

If sensitive information, they have no choice, unless you have given explicit permission.

When you first went to WP, did you confirm or give them any information? Did you sign the data waiver?

What information?

If sensitive information, they have no choice, unless you have given explicit permission.

They're saying otherwise in their letter. But from the way it's worded it can be removed if I state that I've changed my mind. I have no idea why this is necessary or really makes any difference. Either way I'm still stating that I want that data be removed. It seems to me as though they're just trying to make me claim that I gave consent for them to pass that information on to my WP provider in the first place? Something which I did not.

When you first went to WP, did you confirm or give them any information? Did you sign the data waiver?

I only provided them with information they had already been provided with by JCP as foolishly I didn't see the harm at the time. The only new information I gave was the type of work I was looking for which was done under threat of a benefit sanction on my first visit. I've stood my ground when they tried this on two other occasions.

Something's just hit me. One of my complaints was that when I said I wanted to take a contract home with me and read it, getting consultation in the process, I was told that if I didn't sign the contract there and then I WOULD receive a benefit sanction. In the letter of response to my letter of complaints, instead of denying that such an incident took place it just says that the word 'could' was used instead of 'will'.

Would a work programme provider telling someone they COULD receive a benefit sanction for this still breach the DWP guidelines? Given the nature of the incident this still sounds like a threat to me. If this does breach the guidelines then I've been provided with a confession in writing!

you are perfectly entitled to take a contract home to read and are not obliged nor should you be threatened either with a 'could' or a 'will' for not signing any contract placed in front of you by a w2w provider...and yes believe they could be breaching DWP guidelines.....

Someone needs to get a recording of a work program provider making all these 'sanctions threats'. It may or may not be admissible in court or at a tribunal, but I suspect there are a few newspapers who would love to print a transcript.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Someone needs to get a recording of a work program provider making all these 'sanctions threats'. It may or may not be admissible in court or at a tribunal, but I suspect there are a few newspapers who would love to print a transcript.

I think I read somewhere that is not always admissible to make a recording unknown to the person being recorded...however, i suppose if you were upfront about it..placing recorder in full view and informing them of what you were doing then there shouldnt be a problem..however living in the real world I would think they would probably not agree to it....then sanction you for non participation.....catch22

• Haha 1

I think I read somewhere that is not always admissible to make a recording unknown to the person being recorded...however, i suppose if you were upfront about it..placing recorder in full view and informing them of what you were doing then there shouldnt be a problem..however living in the real world I would think they would probably not agree to it....then sanction you for non participation.....catch22

Obviously telling them they are being recorded up front will defeat the object, but if you just do it, what are they going to do? I think they'd be too busy trying to keep their job to worry too much ...

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I have an email where I've been threatened with a sanction. They broke the law (reasonable adjustments) and because I refused to obey them, they threatened to sanction me.

Oh, and any JCP adviser (the people at the front desk; not the people I used to sign on with) I've mentioned this to, hasn't been pleased.

Hello :)

Today I attended the initial stage (a group session) of the Personal Routeways with Ingeus.

Next is a 1-2-1 appointment with an adviser, followed by a 6-week plan.

Is it appointments, just every 6 weeks, with Ingeus (along with appointments with whoever Ingeus will tell me to see too)?

And how many "6 weeks" are there during the Personal Routeways?

Thank you for reading :)

you are perfectly entitled to take a contract home to read and are not obliged nor should you be threatened either with a 'could' or a 'will' for not signing any contract placed in front of you by a w2w provider...and yes believe they could be breaching DWP guidelines.....

I thought so. Cheers. I will mention this in my complaint to ICE. Have to thank CDG for providing me with a confession even if they have bent the truth!

Is it appointments, just every 6 weeks, with Ingeus

There's no set timescale between appointments. They make appointments with you whenever they feel like. I was arranged weekly appointments with them, but I cancelled the last one and they've yet to reschedule a new one. I haven't been in for three weeks now! The worst case I've read is where someone was made to attend every day...

This is assuming 'Personal Routeways' is the 'Work Programme'.

@1806 Do you want to bow to these people? will it help you get a job? do you need their help? If the answer is yes, go ahead and use them to your advantage, if the answer is no, you do not have to sign action plans, data waivers/CV's etc etc. Head to xxxxxxxxxxx which has specific guidance on your rights and obligations and advocates purely for people who are unemployed.I also have standard data waiver/action plan letters available through that site. I personally only attend every 2 months and cancel at whim with no detrimental effect, no courses attended etc etc. Best of luck.

Edited by MARTIN3030