British Gas ->Robinsons Way -> defaulted accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've got two defaulted accounts with Robinsons Way (Initialy British Gas).

I've realized about defaulted accounts when I was checking my credit file. I have never had an account with british gas and I've never received any letters nor bills from them. I contacted Robinsons Way asking to explain the case for me. I've received letters saying that thay haven't received responce from the original seller and they continue to seek an update and my account remains on temporary delay. I've received those letter 3 times now.

Can I request them to remove defaulted account from my credit file? How do I do it?

Thanks for help.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

you need to contact the cra and demand they remove it and they check the validity of the the data they hold.

if you've never been with BG then dont let robbers way fleece you.

you also need to STAY OFF THE PHONE TO THEM

never ever speak to a DCA nor their tame solicitors on the phone about any debt real or no real!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you have never had an a/c with BG & Robinson Way have marked your credit file they have committed libel & you can sue them. They are also in breach of the Data Protection Act and you should make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office; https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I did think about calling them but fortunatelly I've asked you guys for an advice.

Also on all the letters from robinsons way my surename is not spelt right (3-4 years ago I used to share a house and I suspect someone put my name on british gas account). Do I need to inform robbers way my surename is incorrect?

Dont tell them about your surname.

Personally l would tell them nothing execpt you never had a account with BG. Do u have evidence of when u moved out of the shared house?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well, it's in my credit report that I've chcnged address. Not sure if I have any other evidence - this go back to 2007.

I'm worried that sending this letter (Legal notice issued under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act 1980 ) is going to make things complicated and I won't be able to defend myslef.

I've got reply from crc regarding the defaulted account saying that "This information is supplied by the company and we are unable to amend it without their permission. We suggest that you contact the company directly if you need further information." - but you said not to speak with them (DCA) on the phone.

Send the letter that will give them a swift kick up the backside.

Other evidence could be water bills bank statemets with new address if u was on any benefits at time tv license basically any bills that prove u did not live at the address.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Also SAR british Gas.

and do some reading!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have we all forgotten the Ferguson v British Gas case ?

Maybe worth a refresher as it seems on all fours with this current case.

I've provided a link for the benefit of the OP and others looking in who aren't familiar with the case. :-)http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes the Ferguson v British Gas case may comply here but you have to think that as the OP house shared at times then maybe one of the other occupants was being naughty and putting things in there name or names of previous tenants. It is known to be done and has been to me by a ex partner who tried to take out books with Britannia after we split up to get me back.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheque or postal order is safer.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes the Ferguson v British Gas case may comply here but you have to think that as the OP house shared at times then maybe one of the other occupants was being naughty and putting things in there name or names of previous tenants. It is known to be done and has been to me by a ex partner who tried to take out books with Britannia after we split up to get me back.

I've contacted BG regarding defaulted accounts.

It seems that other occupant has put my name on the bill for gas and electricity.

She never asked me if she could do it and she never informed me that she had done it.

That's why me surname is not quite right.

As I moved out from the property BG couldn't contact me and inform me about the bills.

when after 3-4 years checking my credit file I realized I had some defaulted accounts I did question this.

I think CRA gave my current address to robinson way and they started sending letters that I need to pay for the bills.

They never informed me that they were going to default me and I never received any bills from BG.

The BG advisor told me that they trusted the person that was calling in my name and that's why they put my name on the bill.

As I live there I was partially responsible for the bill so they can't classify this as a fraud but not knowing my name was on the bill

I kept paying for the bill directly to the person that was on the bill initially.

BG advisor couldn't give me any detailed information as the accounts were archived and they need more time to dig them out.

She told me to contact robinson way but you guys said not to call them... what do I do?

write to them disputing the account and advise them you are waiting on info from BG in relation to the accounts. Tell them no more then u need to for basic info. Inform them that you will be contacting them if necessary when u have recieved the full info.

• 10 months later...

I'm back. The case is still not solved.

I wrote to RW :

"I am not fully liable for the amount you are requesting me to pay.

I

lived in a shared house and there are other people responsible for the bill.

One of the tenants has put my name on the bill without my authorisation and knowledge

I was not aware the bills were not paid and the tenant was receiving the cash to pay for the gas and electricity.

British Gas should hold me jointly and severally liable for this bill.

I have contacted Consumer Direct and Citizen Advice Bureau regarding this matter.

I will try to find information about other tenants lived at the address at the time.

so far I have got the names :

name of the house mate (BG confirmed that her name was on the bill initially and she gave my details to them)

and the name of the second house mate.

The bill should be spread equally between those two people and myself."

They replied to me that they will put the accounts on hold until the investigation finishes. That was about year ago and still no answer.

Regarding the defaulted account on credit file from Equifax

- there are three dates: start date, default date and date updated.

I know the info will stay for 6 years on my file (settled or not) but from which day will it be?

What is the point paying the debt off if it won't change my credit rating?

Or is there any point of paying it in full if there's only one year to go (it was defaulted 5 years ago)?

Thank you

Tom

exactly

tick tick...

dx

and they

the sb clock isstill ticking and so is the default timer

makes no odds

and they

I have got these three dates in the defaulted credit. Shall I count down the 6 years form Default date - 01/08/2008 ? If yes, there's still no point paying it off, is it? What about the Date Updated.. is this the new start date?

Start Date 02/01/2007 Date Updated 13/08/2009

Default Date 01/08/2008

thanks

default date most prob

tough if BG did not bill YOU then they cant get nowt anyway

whose name is against the owner of the debt on the file?

dx

and they

well, BG never used to bill me, but as mentioned earlier in this thread one of the house mates changed her name to mine so my name must have been on the bill (I never saw any bills from BG)

I don;t get your second question.

thanks