exclusive leather sofas

mask8007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Google Maps: Note the security van out side ... Land of Leather... Leather Lords Ltd.

Must be delivering wages. Most people will know that Ltd or Limited in a company name is actually a warning and if a company goes bust, the directors/owners can keep our hard earned cash and swan off to their foreign villas.

Edited by dx100uk
no pers info please

I rang Sharma & Co today (my receipt says Leather Lords rather than ELS), and spoke to Ian Evans who is dealing with them. Just to repeat the phone no. it's 01214542700.

He said that the company will likely go into liquidation shortly, and that there will be a Creditors meeting, I think later this month. My hope is to get some written proof when they go into liquidation, then use this to support a visa debit claim. Although it may not be essential.

I guess people who have ELS on their receipts will get something following the court proceedings on 20th Sept?

Re. trading standards, yes I'm afraid I did get a fairly generic reply. They said that they will post details of the liquidator on their website and added some general information about making a claim. There was no mention of action being taken against the company.

Having said this I'm sure the more complaints they get from people, the more chance there is of them taking some action. They have to be told that there are a lot of very angry customers, and that this has been going on for a long time. If they don't act, then this needs to be passed on to the media.

As a general comment, I've had several difficulties (all but this one eventually resolved) recently with paying up front for goods and waiting for delivery. Not to mention other service providers who take your direct debit details, inevitably mess up or over charge, then hide from complaints and queries behind call centres. I'm very wary of ever doing this again.

Despite (or maybe because of) the recession, more than half of the companies I've dealt with seem to treat customer service as a very low priority once they've got my money. Most examples are not as extreme as ELS, but it still makes buying large items a stressful and wearing experience. And all this in spite of all of the endless irritating surveys and satisfaction forms we end up with :-x

Everyone please report your case to ActionFraud.co.uk , also Trading Standards the BBC Watchdog and Rogue Traders you know those two guys on the bike in leather least will get some action their.

But please if we all complain they will Act on it, if only a few complain they won't act.

Don't be scared it is quiet safe and let's try and get some help for those sitting on the floor.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, REPORT THEM

Edited by dx100uk
abc

Hope this will help just come across it, Birmingham Trading Standards has posted this article on their website.

Birmingham Trading Standards

EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

A winding up petition has been lodged at the High Court in relation to Exclusive Leather Sofas Ltd. As far as we are aware the company has four outlets located at:- Birmingham (Camp Hill), Derby, Luton and Cannock; with Cannock being the head office. All of these stores have ceased to trade.

The petition will be heard at Manchester High Court on 20 September 2010. If the company is wound up an insolvency practitioner will be appointed. It is the insolvency practitioner who will sort out the financial affairs of the company and it is to this person that any complaints about Exclusive Leather Sofas should be addressed.

When we know who the insolvency practitioner is we will update this web page accordingly.

In the meantime, if you have purchased your furniture on finance and it has not been delivered you should write a letter to the finance company explaining the situation, please remember to send this by recorded delivery. The finance company should then release you from the agreement and refund any monies already paid to them.

If your complaint has not been resolved or you paid cash for your furniture you should still contact the insolvency practitioner so that you may be put on the list of potential creditors. The practitioner will then, after paying the main creditors such as the banks and utilities, use any monies which are left over to refund customers.

:-(

That is all very well and good, but what [problem] is ......moving onto next? Or do you think he is simply retiring to his mansion in Gaydon?

I wonder if that is why ELS (Luton) Limited (Not the same company as ELS Limited or Leather Lords Limited) have moved their registered office back to 41 St Andrews Road in Brum?

Company name: ELS (LUTON) LIMITED

Company Number: 07286409

Company Type: Private Limited

Registered Office:

41 ST. ANDREWS

ROAD BORDESLEY BIRMINGHAM B9 4LW

B9 4LW

Bureau File Activity:

16/06/2010 New Incorporation

05/07/2010 Registered Address Change

29/07/2010 Registered Address Change

Edited by dx100uk
updates / pers info

Hi,

04398108 Leather Lords Limited on 31 Jul 2010, his address is registered as:

1 John Kempe Way

Highgate

Birmingham

On google maps it looks lovely, wonder if he has a leather sofa

Will be heading over there for photos at some point.

Have fun all.

This is the address for Leather Lords Ltd, in Birmingham. They changed their addresses to the Birmingham Branch address in March, I have manage to find their address through a bit of research but left the details at home. If people are interested I will post their address later, once I get home from work as I have left it there.

Edited by dx100uk
pers info

It is easy to get the addresses of the directors and it is available to the general public. Go onto companies house, go to webcheck, search for leather lords, go to the order information page.

You will see the registered office has changed twice from the directors residential address. How do you know it it the director's? Go onto 192.com and do a people search for LORD at the postcode and whaala.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by anonymoustou

Found a few more:

SOFA SUPERMARKET LIMITED

41 ST ANDREWS ROAD

BIRMINGHAM

B9 4LW

Company No. 05554849

This appears to be an office that they operate from

1 & 2 HERITAGE PARK

HAYES WAY

CANNOCK

STAFFORDSHIRE

ELS (Luton) is registered to 41 St Andrews Road, but has 2 directors that are registered to Heritage park. (I am glad that companies house are keeping an eye on this, what kind of frauds could be completed if a register of companies had no spot checking going on.)

Edited by dx100uk
pers info

and another company:

LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

41 ST ANDREWS ROAD

BORDESLEY GREEN

BIRMINGHAM

B9 4LW

Company No. 05105111

was Exclusive Leather Sofas Limited up until 5th Aug 2004

think I am going to have to start a spreadsheet to keep all this information in, it is getting too much, a little digging and you start to unravel huge amounts of info.

Not sure if its relevant but just found this address with no name attached .

EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS (SOUTH EAST) LIMITED

9 BUTTERNUT COPSE, ASHFORD, KENT, TN23 3PG

3-10-2005

Last Accounts Filed up to: 31-03-2009

Edited by dx100uk
clarity

Hi,

04398108 Leather Lords Limited on 31 Jul 2010,

1 John Kempe Way

Highgate

Birmingham

Have fun all.

That's the Store address in Birmingham.

Edited by dx100uk
clarity

Posted on the front door of the Birmingham Camp Hill store:

In receivership:

All enquiries

Sharma & Co

257 Hagley Road

Birmingham

recover at sharmaandco dot com

Also posted in several places across the Birmingham store:

'Harvey's: Happy to Help'

:rolleyes:

I've reported to the bbc watchdog website too.

Hopefully if they get enough reports they will see how many people have been affected and investigate further. I also pointed them to this forum, so they can see the long history of problems people have had.

and another one:

ELS (HULL) LIMITED

UNIT 2B ST ANDREWS QUAY RETAIL PARK

CLIVE SULLIVAN WAY

HULL

ENGLAND

HU3 4SA

Company No. 07315607

BRAVO SittingOnTheFloor!

Love all the info, love the humour, love the fact that this thing is rolling and rolling like a big fat snowball - I wish it would squash the LORDS!

I have today had an email from my local paper who are interested in the story, so maybe at last we will get some real publicity for these scumbags.

CAN I KEEP STRESSING TO ANYONE AFFECTED - CONTACT YOUR LOCAL PRESS & RADIO, YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS (if outside of Birmingham), ACTIONFRAUD.GOV.UK, AND ANYONE ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF.

As a manager within a UK furniture manufacturing unit, but as an outsider to the Exclusive Leather Sofa problem I might add, I have to agree with the **edit** family. Although some of the stories regarding **edit ** sound very poor, as far as I understand she is (or was) only an employee. If she was a director or owner then this personal abuse is warranted, as she would be directly responsible for the actions of the company. However in my opinion, it is the responsibility of the company owners / directors to remove any member of staff they believe are acting inappropriately that includes **edit** as a manager, or any member of the team from delivery to accounts.

This would suggest, that either **edit** employers were unaware of the way in which she handled customer service and complaints......, unlikely given the number of posts, or they were in approval of her actions and the decisions she made.

There is obviously a lot of pain and anger in the air, but directing it to a employee or former employee is not the answer and unfair in my opinion, irrespective of the business or nature of the complaints.

:|:|:|

Edited by citizenB
removed names

I think you are missing the point. You can be disgruntled with an employee of any company, but take it with the employers. Unless **edit** has a stake in the company, I think your barking up the wrong tree. I don't know what you do for a living, but can you imagine if your company policy was very poor, and you upheld this policy, and as a result your name was turned to mud. Perhaps the pressured of providing for a family forced **edit**to keep her position, perhaps she hated her job? Perhaps she just wasn't very good at customer service or perhaps she was a monster ? I don't know but unless she was the MD i'd reccomend leaving her personally out of the complaints????

Only a thought and only my opinion.

:violin:

The violin is out - before anyone else says it. 8-)

Edited by citizenB

I think you are missing the point. You can be disgruntled with an employee of any company, but take it with the employers. Unless **edit** has a stake in the company, I think your barking up the wrong tree. I don't know what you do for a living, but can you imagine if your company policy was very poor, and you upheld this policy, and as a result your name was turned to mud. Perhaps the pressured of providing for a family forced **edit** to keep her position, perhaps she hated her job? Perhaps she just wasn't very good at customer service or perhaps she was a monster ? I don't know but unless she was the MD i'd reccomend leaving her personally out of the complaints????

Only a though and only my opinion.

:violin:

The violing is out - before anyone else says it. 8-)

my thoughts exactly! :)

Edited by citizenB

Only Central news could report on a huge fraudster ripping people off as a Credit Crunch story. No wonder these crooks get away with it with people as sharp as Andy Bevan on the case.

I just watched the report, LOL! I contacted ITV Central news to point out exactly that, and offered a whole shed load of other info too. They got back to me straight away, seemed v interested. So it's always worth a try.