SCS Sofa- what u see is not what you get

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well we went and looked at the sofa in the shop and even the sales manager compared our crap cushions to the display sofa (which has been on display for 2 years) and agreed that the manufacturer had cheaped out on our version of this "uber comfortable sofa" so to me SCS are in breach of SOGA. The whole thing has really annoyed me and as i mentioned before i dont appreciate getting ripped off. I wont here back from SCS until later this week so it will be interested in what there explanation is. TBH though i would rather have a refund and spend the money on goods that arent cheap and nasty.As i mentioned before we have only sat on it for about 2mths even though we have had it 6mths due to myself and my partner working away Will keep you all posted.

Cheers UHSCSC,

Whats the HO? Im gonna go for the argument that i have been mis sold a product and even more now i want a refund. Lost customer faith in them and they have basically lied and delivered sub standard product. ill keep you posted. Thanks again!

Regards

Stu

HO = Head Office.

We know the sales of goods act, they do not, or at least they refuse to abide by it. They make their money and to hell with customer satisfaction.

If my court case finds in their favour I will set up a 'ScS-Sells-Crap' Facebook page and anything else I can come up with, the only way to win is to deprive them of customers then they just might realise they need to look after their customers.

Hi Stuartboy

Your lack of posting after 15th June when you were going to confrfont the store can we assume your into the 'ScS-keeping-you-waiting-game'?

Good luck.

Personally, after a month from their last visit they are still 'looking into' the matter. Usual ScS speed of things. Anyway, it will soon be xmas!!!!

Edited by unhappyscscustomer

• 2 weeks later...

Unhappy SCS,

Well the saga continues. They have replied to y letter with a phone call saying there is nothing wrong again and that its a non issue.

The store manager is away this week so they cant speak to him until Monday. In the meantime I have phoned Trading Standards and spoke to a rather nice lady who said that they are in breach of contract because the cushions I have received are not the cushions I viewed and received.

She mentioned that I may have to have an Independent survey carried out to assess the quality of the cushions and whether they reflect the price paid etc.

So I have to wait to a bit longer Im afraid but Im hoping the outcome is in favour of me. To be honest SCS's behaviour in all of this is un reasonable and they are in no way interested in and customer satisfaction and for that reason I will be seeking a full refund as SCS have proven themselves to be an untrustworthy seller lacking severe integrity and professionalism.

Ill keep you all up to date from next week and I will just re iterate to anyone reading this DO NOT BUY FROM SCS they are a disgrace to British Trading.

Stu

I now have a hearing for my small claims court action, it is not until October (still not heard anything from ScS) the court charges another £150 on top of what I have already paid for the hearing! Court action is not a cheap way to go, but it is the only action I have left open to me!

Stuartboy

Sounds like you are going to have the hassle I have had and will also have to take it all the way. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

We have bought a fabric Fabienne Suite from the Giltbrook store Nottingham. It was delivered in April. My wife noticed that the material did not match up and the Napp was going different ways on the arms of the sofa and the chair was made altogether different to the sofa. In addition, after only a few weeks one cushion on the sofa developed a big dip, right accross the middle. We were using all the cushions to even the wear as they said we had to let the suite “settle”, so we didn’t complain straight away. However he cushion became noticeably worse. We reported the problem and CSL sent a technician within a few days. he took the sofa to bits and examined all the springs inside and the structure underneth and said nothing was wrong. I said I knew there was nothing wrong with the springs but any fool could see the cushion didn’t have enough fill in it. He made all manner of excuses about the fabric layout, and contradicted me that it wa all going the same way, which is clearly evident that it’s not. Then he said the problem with the cushion was we needed to dress it regularly. (Like, every time we need to sit on it!). Asked how, he proceeded to demonstrate by bashing the daylights out of the cushions whilst heaving on the front corners of the cushions. I said if we did that every time the sofa would never survive the warranty period.

We went to the store and saw the manager. Photographs were taken and eventually, with involvement of the ultra defensive complaints dept at HQ, they offered us a reselection, but insisted we had to choose a different fabric and suite. So we were being pushed to accept second best in sofa style and a fabric which we did not care for. We wrote to HQ and put all our complaints in writing. They replied by phone with a very argumentative attitude trying to put the blame on missuse. There is only the two of us, and we are only in the lounge for a few hours per evening and at 54 we do not perform acrobatics on the sofa any more these days.

We took a trip to Citizens advice (only because our solicitor was unavailable, and the man called them. In the letter they mentioned a “cancellation fee”, which if we paid could close the matter. Cit adv said we should find out how muh and if a nominal amount may be better than going to court. The fee was 30% of the full cost! Over £600! They made same arguments to him and upshot was he said we weren’t going to get anywhere with them and whilst he was no judge, felt we had a foolproof case under the sale of goods act for goods not meeting freedom from minor defect (in fact much more than minor)and, based on CSL’s letter where they made no offer to rectify the faults should be able to sue for a full refund. We had also sent copy letter to Black Horse Finance. We were outraged by the cancellation fee and are now galvanised to get a full refund by whatever means it takes. We also want to tell the world what an unscrupulous outfit they are and especially the complaints dept head who is just plain rude and very stupid.

We are now planning to pursue a small claims case. It has been very reassuring to see tht this problem has been recognised by many other people.

CSL clearly are a disreputable company peddling foreign made completeley rubbish furniture at not inexpensive prices. Our old suite, had shown very little sign of wear after 8 years and cost significantly less. It’s a good job we didn’t have it taken away.

Thanks for the information here. Keep up the good work and spread the word.

We have now written a second letter explaining clearly where we see they are in breach of the SOG act and that we expect a full refund.

Keep it in mind that under soga, any faults during the first six months are assumed to have been there at purchase and that during that first six months, it is up to them to 'prove' there was nothing wrong with it and not you to prove there wasn't.

I no longer have my sofa and I have my refund.

When I got my court hearing date I was asked if I would be happy to go through the court mediation service, whereby each party negotiate via a mediator by phone, who after hearing both sides on a conference call then speaks to each side separately to reach an agreement. ScS offered a full refund of the cost of the sofa and armchair. Dates for collection/refund were given which they had to abide by. It was collected yesterday and this morning I went and got my refund.

At least this does mean it does not have to drag on through the court, the downside is that if it went to court and if I won ScS would have had to pay costs (ie my court costs etc). But I am just happy to get rid of it and get my refund.

Now I have to go and buy a new Sofa as we are sitting on garden chairs at the moment

So, start a small claims court action, it is the way to go.

Now I am an EX-unhappyscscustomer

I no longer have my sofa and I have my refund.

When I got my court hearing date I was asked if I would be happy to go through the court mediation service, whereby each party negotiate via a mediator by phone, who after hearing both sides on a conference call then speaks to each side separately to reach an agreement. ScS offered a full refund of the cost of the sofa and armchair. Dates for collection/refund were given which they had to abide by. It was collected yesterday and this morning I went and got my refund.

At least this does mean it does not have to drag on through the court, the downside is that if it went to court and if I won ScS would have had to pay costs (ie my court costs etc). But I am just happy to get rid of it and get my refund.

Now I have to go and buy a new Sofa as we are sitting on garden chairs at the moment

So, start a small claims court action, it is the way to go.

Now I am an EX-unhappyscscustomer

Great news, well done, now you just have to decide who else to trust your money with!

We have been thinking of buying a leather two seater and a recliner but where can one shop these days where you will get what you paid for and also good after sales custoemr service? We almost purchased a set from Great British Mobility until I read some very negative feedback on them and immediately backed off.

My advice... look for the small local retailer, where what you see is the item you have delivered. Failing that look on the Internet for horror stories about a retailer before you buy from them.

In my case I did not get what I saw in the store, but the worse part was their total lack of customer service. From what others have told me this seems to be the 'Norm' with ScS whatever the problem you have.