Ico

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks Fine to me..........in para 11 & 12 your spell from as form. I do it all the time.

Also as your letter is quite long may I suggest that you number the paras then should anyone want to discuss it with you it will make it so much easier

• Confused 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also in the 3rd from last paragraph you refer to a compliant instead of a complaint. Small details but make it look more professional.

• Confused 1

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Cheers guys

ill make the changes,

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Well the second letter was amended and sent off to the man at the ICO dealing with the Abbey, tomorrow ill fax them from the offcie and try to ring him too.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Being picky, but no capital "F" on faithfully....and if you are addressing a known person by name it should be 'sincerely'.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Just an update in case you thought id sent the letters and forgotten them.

I have now spoken to the ICO three times conversations totalling around 1 1/2 hours, its amazing how long you can talk to an answering machine!!

Seriousely I have managed to speak with a guy in the abbey investigation section about the letters at some length.

I know they have received them but they are so snowed under that im not sure as of yet he has actually seen them directly.

I have arranged to ring him tomorrow and will check that he actually has them availlable directly.

We tried if nothing else.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Well I know the Abbey investigation team were visitng Abbey today and the good news is they had our letters in front of them as of yesterday AM.

I dont know if it will ultimately influence the decision by the OFT, lets just say we at least tried to influence the outcome in as fair and just way as we could.

Thanks to all who contributed and keeping my fingers crossed for the right result.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

well done Glenn

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I did volunteer to go and carry some bags or papers for them.

I was keen to see the abbey faces when the Information Commissioners Office started asking about RECALL and their index system which was computer based in the late 1980s.

Still I wonder when we will hear, they expect to write to all complainants on or shortly after the 11th sept apparently.

Be nice to get a nod and wink earlier but im not banking on it.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Good to find this thread. Very keen to hear what is reported back...

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

bump

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

I spoke with the ICO, the 'Abbey' dept and they do not have an announcement as yet.

I would be rubbish as a reporter/interrogator because i coudnt get my contact to tell me anyhting about the process, but hey he's a nice bloke and has some interesting views so its not a waste of time.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Great. Thanks Glenn - looking forward to the latest..

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

They sure are dragging their feet

I agree, I spoke to my contact today and sent him some more info re Abbeys perception of their fiche system.

So i think the case is building against Abbey.

My reading of this is that the Information Commissioners Office doesn't see itself as the defender of the people, and I think that the financial muscle of the Abbey is harder to resist than the will of a few angry customers.

So the delay in my view seems to be suggesting what they thought would be a done deal in Abbeys favour, is not quite so clear cut.

I could of course be completely wrong, but i cannot see any reason why they would struggle with the answer if it was as clear cut as Abbey thought.

Incidentally I have started to gather evidence on Barclaycard too, so I am trying to find out who to deal with on that front.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Good work Glenn.

I suppose the IC will also write to everyone who reported Abbey (they said the would write to me with their findings), and I haven't heard yet.

No news is good news..?...

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

I agree, I spoke to my contact today and sent him some more info re Abbeys perception of their fiche system.

So i think the case is building against Abbey.

My reading of this is that the Information Commissioners Office doesn't see itself as the defender of the people, and I think that the financial muscle of the Abbey is harder to resist than the will of a few angry customers.

So the delay in my view seems to be suggesting what they thought would be a done deal in Abbeys favour, is not quite so clear cut.

I could of course be completely wrong, but i cannot see any reason why they would struggle with the answer if it was as clear cut as Abbey thought.

Incidentally I have started to gather evidence on Barclaycard too, so I am trying to find out who to deal with on that front.

Glenn

Wow they are REALLY taking their time, has your contact given any indication as to what is taking them so long?

JonChris - I realise some of your posts in this thread are quite old now but you said you got your older statements (from microfiche) off of Abbey. How did you manage this? I presume you didn't pay for them.

I'm having the same issue with Barclaycard but it would cost me over £100 to get the statements I need. I just want to try and get them one last time before I estimate the charges prior to 2004.

Cheers.

I'm having the same issue with Barclaycard but it would cost me over £100 to get the statements I need. I just want to try and get them one last time before I estimate the charges prior to 2004.

Tell them the DPA states a maximum fee of £10, and you reserve the right to amend your request at any time. That way, if there's something you didn't realise you needed, they can't charge you for a second request.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Snap!!!

I have two of those letters!!!

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA