A national day of anti DCA action!

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kraken...i know full well that you want this exercise to fail, the likes of you would be delighted if it did.:rolleyes:

Yes you are right in what you say in that there are other/proper/legal ways of doing things etc...of course there are.

But this is just a little side experiment if you like devised up by myself to get as many as possible to engage in anti DCA activities (nothing illegal) such as everyone contacting all the authorities on that specific day etc...

Nothing may come of it at all & it may all well be a complete damp squid - i accept that, but i/we have to start somewhere & do something.

If it fails then fine, if it succeeds then great :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kraken...i know full well that you want this exercise to fail, the likes of you would be delighted if it did.:rolleyes:

Yes you are right in what you say in that there are other/proper/legal ways of doing things etc...of course there are.

But this is just a little side experiment if you like devised up by myself to get as many as possible to engage in anti DCA activities (nothing illegal) such as everyone contacting all the authorities on that specific day etc...

Nothing may come of it at all & it may all well be a complete damp squid - i accept that, but i/we have to start somewhere & do something.

If it fails then fine, if it succeeds then great :)

It does seem to me that your arguments are weakened by attacking those that disagree with you

it surely would be more helpful to your cause to respect other people and their opinions rather than launch into personal abuse

i have no previous knowledge of the poster "kraken" and i object to your insinuation that "the likes of you" are taken presumably to include myself since i too think that your idea, whilst having some merit- has not been properly thought through and as you admit a "side experiment"

i don't however see the need to launch into a personal tirade against you in order to make my point!

something of this nature needs a bit of research and planning and not just to be "fired up" on the back of a simple forum posting

i wish you luck with it but please have the decency not to slag off other forum members simply because they have a different point of view

• Haha 1

It does seem to me that your arguments are weakened by attacking those that disagree with you

it surely would be more helpful to your cause to respect other people and their opinions rather than launch into personal abuse

i have no previous knowledge of the poster "kraken" and i object to your insinuation that "the likes of you" are taken presumably to include myself since i too think that your idea, whilst having some merit- has not been properly thought through and as you admit a "side experiment"

i don't however see the need to launch into a personal tirade against you in order to make my point!

something of this nature needs a bit of research and planning and not just to be "fired up" on the back of a simple forum posting

i wish you luck with it but please have the decency not to slag off other forum members simply because they have a different point of view

Unfair comment DD!

Unfortunately, there are some members who appear to revel in causing confusion...

Obviously, we should not make personal comments but on this occasions Mr. Ton is not far off the mark.

AC

To be honest, Tonny my good chap, I take the view that it is you that wants this to fail. I see you give questionable advice when you don't have the full facts, irrespective of the harm it might cause those who come for help and then you suggest this 'sideline', which you then manage in such a way that it appears to be designed to cause injury rather than to help.

I'm led to the conclusion that by these acts you are either not thinking things through or your true motivation is to cause harm. I hope it is the former.

Insult me all you like, I don't really care. I hope my opinions will stand or fall on their merit.

I simply want an even playing field, and I want both consumers and dcas to treat each other fairly and with respect. A wider awareness campaign is a good idea and I support that. The authorities will need to receive complaints before they act, but I suspect that in order to work, and in order to acheive the stated aims more care needs to be taken.

Far from being delighted if this fails, I've suggested ways of increasing the likelihood of success. If I just wanted you to fail I'd keep quiet, not voice my concerns and let you get on with trashing stuff.

Please go back and read my comments again. I said:

I simply want an even playing field, and I want both consumers and dcas to treat each other fairly and with respect.

I did not say:

I think that there is an even playing field, and I want both consumers and dcas to treat each other fairly and with respect.

My apologies if my comment was not clear.

However, if on reading what I actually wrote, you feel that you jumped to criticise me for something I didn't say a little too quickly, without fully considering or understanding my comments, then I will be happy to accept your apology.

Guys, plese don't fall out about this as it could potentially have an impact on DCAs and those responsible for regulating them.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Semantics? I disagree. You have misread something I wrote and claimed that the comment was ridiculous, based on your flawed first, and I dare sare very brief scan of my post.

I'm not sure I am comfortable with the idea that you can excuse such criticism by claiming that it is just semantics. I suppose this emphasises my point though, that some posters do not look before they leap, or think before they post.

Unfair comment DD!

Unfortunately, there are some members who appear to revel in causing confusion...

Obviously, we should not make personal comments but on this occasions Mr. Ton is not far off the mark.

AC

well i decided to look up "kraken" and check out some of their posts.

it seems to me that he/she seems to stand in the middle and offer sound advice on many occassions and sound a note of caution.

this is in contrast to a lot of posters who seem to get "hyped up" and lose sight of the big picture and make comments and posts that could easily lead someone down the wrong path

If it is the case that this poster is disliked by (it seems just two of you) because of their cautious approach rather than be gung ho then it is only to your disadvantage.

I have been impressed by this debt forum for the balanced debates of the majority and the civil and polite nature despite heated discussion and would hate to see it spoiled by the use of personal insults and derogatory comments about other posters

nothing in what i have seen marks Kraken out to be a troll or pro dca

I simply want an even playing field, and I want both consumers and dcas to treat each other fairly and with respect.

Give me one good reason why we should treat any DCA with even the slightest bit of respect. They are a shoddy industry who prey on peoples misfortunes by purchasing debt for buttons and then by threats and lies try to extort money from people.

Semantics? I disagree. You have misread something I wrote and claimed that the comment was ridiculous, based on your flawed first, and I dare sare very brief scan of my post.

I'm not sure I am comfortable with the idea that you can excuse such criticism by claiming that it is just semantics. I suppose this emphasises my point though, that some posters do not look before they leap, or think before they post.

Please go back and read my comments again. I said:

Quote:

I simply want an even playing field, and I want both consumers and dcas to treat each other fairly and with respect."

In a perfect world, it would be desirable to have an even playing field. However, whilst DCA's continue to breach the OFT guidelines on debt collection, plus various Regulations, it is unlikely that this will occur.

DCA's do not treat the General Consumer fairly.

In order that this thread can continue, can we please have no more disruption!

Thank You.

AC

I have never actually said that i dislike Kraken.

If he is an industry sympathiser,then thats up to him.

But many people on here hate DCA's/the industry with a passion & would love nothing more than to see them all vanish tomorrow.

Kraken needs to realize that his "cautious" approach (as commendable as it may be to some) does not go down well on a forum full of individuals who quite simply loathe DCA's/the industry.

Call us vigilantes or whatever.... but that applies to many people in many walks of life...our "interest" just happens to be the DCA's & their demise.

You will get hardcore/vigilante/protest groups in all areas of life trying to change things etc..

Weather they succeed or not is a seperate matter, but they have to start somewhere.

The scheme that ive devised up in this thread may not work at all like ive said...but Rome was not built in a day as they say & it will take ages (perhaps years/decades?) to change that system that has had years/decades to build itself up into the national mindset so to speak.

It wont be easy to change that mindset at all.

But it has to start somewhere like i say.

Edited by mr.ton

well as i see it kracken has managed to upset Mr ton and angry cat and it is clear that their is "previous" on this

hardly justification for stating that he/she is driving wedges any more than i am by stating my opinion

this is a FORUM if you cannot accept other peoples opinions in good faith perhaps you ought not to be here!

this is my last word on the subject - much prefer to be of help and advice to others just as i myself seek such help

Kraken has not upset me at all..far from it.

Like what others have mentioned...DCA's treat people appalingly, so to have someone like him saying that they should be treated fairly will simply antagonize members on here.

Ive never said that he is not entitled to his view or to post on here.

Of course some will sympathise with him & thats fine.

But he shouldnt be too suprised if the majority dont & take issue with him.

: just two of you"

One of which, I presume to be me;

a long standing member since early 2006!

Factually, I have not taken issue with kraken, however, I have experienced his disruptive methods prior, as have others.

AC

Now that Krakengate has finished - back to business.

I believe that the most efficient way to disrupt a DCAs activity is to interfere with its call center. They obviously generate a lot of revenue by using them so if a call center's lines are clogged with caggers, they wont make money, and at the end of the day that's all they care about. So, all it takes is on such and such a day, x number of caggers spend the day repeatedly ringing our selected DCA for a chat - its lines are then clogged up and then that part of their operation is costing them money - simple.

Using 2 phone lines simultaneously and putting the phones together, I spent some time ringing a certain DCA and listening to the phone monkeys giving each other an ear bashing. It was extremely amusing. They closed the call center for a considerable amount of time - very easy.

For once they will have to start saying "If you have something to say, put it in writing" or maybe they will learn to write themselves.