A national day of anti DCA action!

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NOOOO!!! Please don't, hopefully they'll realise when it happens, although some of them are allegedly so stoopid they'll hardly notice :rolleyes:

Blonde moment - sorry, ill keep my letters for the OFT, FSO on the day.

The retailers worst nightmare !

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post links to draft letters, I never seem to find time.

If you're going to contribute and make an impact please post a YES on this forum, this can only work if we get the numbers, so please help.

Without CAGger's we can't do this.

Send a letter it takes two minutes and the results will be staggering!!!!!!

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

sorry to be a party pooper but i think it could backfire

overloading their service would not ultimately be in our interests and could result in "block" decisions being taken that do not take account of individual circumstances

far better in my opinion to keep plodding away individually -

far better idea for 1,000 caggers to start a class action against a credit card company- especially in view of the new Eu ruling ( headlines above) than to batter organisations which whilst slow are after all trying to help the consumer

You may be right on it there but the average consumer doesn't have the legal funding to persue a class action.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

support the idea, but my concern is that it might backfire.

Here is the thought process -

National action day, organised by CAG with 200 000 members

Number of complaints received on the day - 50

Less than 1% of the membership believe that there is a problem or are willing to complain - therefore there isn't anything we need to worry about. The world is pretty and nice and warm.

Hence my suggestion earlier about collating the letters to go to the authorities first - this means that if there are not enough to make a statement then they don't need to be sent.

Being the industry sympathiser that you are Kraken...i know you would love it to fail :rolleyes:

Anyway...it may well be a none event, there's no guarantee anything will happen/or come of it etc...

But like i say - its better than doing nothing, which is how the industry & government wants it to be :cool:

Edited by mr.ton

At the risk of being tarred with the same brush, I think Kraken makes a fair point - it needs to be an effective effort rather than just a damp phart.

A bit more publicity and support would do the trick. Perhaps MSE and DQ's should be invited too??.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

With due respect...i have said many times that it needs to be publicised as much as possible & as many people brought on board as possible etc...

I agree with the comments fully that it could all turn out to be nothing but a damp squid.

I was just the person that instigated the idea in the 1st place - its up to all of us to publicise it & make it as effective as possible.

Yeah. That's me. The collaborator who believes in accurate information and solid advice. Forgive me if I just want folk to think about things and think for themselves before launching themselves off the cliff. Guilty as charged.

MSE - moneysavingexpert.com

Debt Questions (I think)

A damp phart as it was so eloquently put could be worse than no action.

The point of this is to get attention - show that there is a problem that is effecting lots of people and get this noticed. I support the sentiment.

If the response is poor then the effect is to persaude those people we want to act that there isn't a problem and that they should not therefore do anything because so few people, out of hundreds of thousands of members felt that the issue was serious enough to write a 2 min email. Then when local trading standards priorities etc are set credit issues get dropped because they are not important. There is then no resource to look at the problems that do exist. The absence of resource then means nothing can get done.

I have, as you'll see above suggested a solution that would guard against this risk.

Sometimes I think it is wise to look at the big picture.

what is MSE and DQ? if you would be so kind

MSE = Money saving expert

DQ's = Debt Questions

Both sites have similar DCA discussion type forums - although (in my opinion) DQ's is a bit 'tame' and tends to be a bit DCA friendly.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Look!

All that has to be done here, is to draft up a sensibly worded template letter (some people havn't got the time or, are not good with words), set a date for sending said letter and /or, email, it is a easy as that.

However, I will state that, it is not sufficient for members to say;

oh yes, great idea, they must actually send the letter of complaint!!!

AC