• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A national day of anti DCA action!

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spartacus is a legendary man who fought against the power or Rome, he was so loved by his comrades that when given amnesty if they would identify him they all stood together and said.............I AM SPARTACUS
The Romans didn't see the funny side, sadly, and nailed 6,000 of them to planks and stuck them in the ground all along the Appian Way!

But, that reminds me, I have something similar in mind for the DCAs and bankers...and the greedy self-serving politicians...and any biased Judges too, now that I'm making a list!

Cheers,

BRW

yes I think once we have become organised.............eg appointed a press officer etc..............we should formally contact the press..........anyone else?..............angry cat.........would you agree to be the chairperson?

spartacusrules

Okay, okay enough.

Mr. Ton's idea is good and I my best friends girlfriend works for a DCA and believe me when I say they are concerned, (I think concerned is the right choice of word). As a previous poster states it affects there bottom line they are already p*ssed about the number of people that now write to them. You go back 3 years they got occasional CCA requests, now they get thousands. Requests by letter are time consuming does not bring profit and cost resources. Time and money.

The prospect of being flooded in one day is going to hurt.

I totally agree with the objections but if we sit here discussioning it nothing will get done.

Fighting amongst ourselves is just showing how disorganised we can be.

Let's get on with it and show them how effective we can be.

Use a templete or write a letter, but take action.

Letters, letters, Lettters

One DCA getting an additional 50 letters to deal with in one day ties up the business and costs money.

24th June lets do it.

SEND THIS TO A FRIEND

(Climbs off soapbox)

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Mr. Ton started this thread,

his idea, I believe!

Mr. Ton, how do you wish to commence?

AC

Like i said....under no circumstances do we engage in anything that can be considered illegal or vigilante etc......

All i am suggesting we do is have a specific chosen day were everyone gets together & reports all the DCA's to as many authorities as we can.

I know we prob do that already, but this is a special designated day specifically just for doing that.

If it can be done, then the authorities wont know whats hit them & will have to sit up and take notice etc...

COMPLAIN to the OFT, en mass!

5. Failure to comply with a requirement could lead to a fine of up to £50,000 and/or be grounds for revocation of a consumer credit licence.

now that sounds like the best idea so far...............so how would we do that?

krj8

We need to publicise the contact numbers for the OFT (freephone if poss? ;)) & the contact email addresses etc....(Cerber is normally good at that type of thing)

So if we compile all the details on this thread - then when the 24th June comes, its all systems go :D

Hi.............sound good count me in for the emailing.

i've got two RBS debts currently being investigated by the FOS. RBS have continued to dig the hole deeper by instructing not just one but 3 different DCA's to send me letters chasing payment.

I often wonder what is the point in public money being used to create legislation like the Consumer Credit Act if no one is able/willing to see it upheld..........

krj8

Enquiries

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Public enquiries

08457 22 44 99

Media enquiries

Corinne Gladstone 020 7211 8899

corinne.gladstone

@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Jonathan Marciano 020 7211 8898

jonathan.marciano

@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Kasia Reardon 020 7211 8901

kasia.reardon@oft.gsi.gov.uk

John Fearn 020 7211 8708

john.fearn@oft.gsi.gov.uk

out of hours mobile (media only)

07774 134814

call charges

OFT telephone enquiries:08457 22 44 99

Consumer Direct telephone enquiries:08454 04 05 06

hi AC.............thanks.........i've copied all the info you posted to my computer. I am unsure exactly what I should be saying when I send the emails..........

...........do you think I should just tell my story about the RBS/DCA bad business practices etc and note my dis-satisfaction that there is legislation to deal with this stuff,that RBS and their agents should have their licences revoked as it is clear they are cynically flouting the regulations.

.........I won't bore you with all the details about RBS/DCA's treatment of my account, but one of the things they did was to over quote my outstanding balance to the tune of several hundred £ of payments I'd made..........took me months to get them to sort it out!..........once the FOS has finished with them, I do intend to CCA them.

.........sorry if I'm going on a bit

krj8

I am Maximus Decimus Meridius ,General of the Felix Legions and Commander of the Northern Army(Gladiator )

I think its a great idea - I am firing off a dozen letters on the day.

Lets face it we need 2 b co-ordinated and have leadership and focus but letters need to be personalised to make an impact with Govt and the Official Bodies.

I wrote to the PM and Chair of Treasury Select Cttee about lack of regulation of these low lifes.

Also send ,or post onto his 'fansite', a copy to Lenny Henry - he was the turn at the DCA Awards dinner and is pictured with the great captains of this industry on many DCA websites(and none of them had stick on red noses).:)