H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I heard on the news yesterday on working lunch I think it was,... that Virgin are opening their banks and that 'everyone will have to pay monthly fees for current accounts...if all the banks assume this position will that not diminish the argument of 'free-in-credit banking' ...and ironically deprive the consumer of that very 'Unfair Relationship' argument in the coming months???

m2ae:eek:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Essex usually this early in spreading the news?

BD

They are not as primitive as "north of the border" :-D

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

We don't just report the news - we make it! :D

Just watch this space in July once HBOS hav ebeen in Glassgow Sheriff Court! ;)

BD

PS - I should have guessed from your photo you were an Essex girl (even up here we've heard of them).

We don't just report the news - we make it! :D

Just watch this space in July once HBOS hav ebeen in Glassgow Sheriff Court! ;)

BD

PS - I should have guessed from your photo you were an Essex girl (even up here we've heard of them).

I can't see a photo for that person lol ??? unless you mean on the article and wasn't it a male ???

The hint is in the first two words

A MAN who allowed his account to go a few pence overdrawn has been charged £80.

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

I mean the rather fetching figure in your posts with the matching outfit (including hat and glove) and the endearing suggestion as to what should be done with one's digit! :)

BD

PS I think I may be in love! :D

I mean the rather fetching figure in your posts with the matching outfit (including hat and glove) and the endearing suggestion as to what should be done with one's digit! :)

BD

PS I think I may be in love! :D

You are so barking up the wrong tree lol :eek:

Edited by rdm2006

;)

Is Barking not in Essex too? Anyway enough of this flirting or we'll get told off for being off topic!

BD

Barking is in Essex, however, Essex is not in the Midlands where I am and just like dearth vader was male so am I

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news concerning your love life :grin::grin::grin:

;)

Hi,

Devastated. Friends bank charges claim struck out. We spent ages working on our written submissions, we incorporated the Supreme Court Judgement and the directing to S.5 UTCCR's we also sent the court an entire copy of the judgement. Additionally included the positive development in the Scottish case of Sharp v Bank of Scotland plc (2010). It didn't work Judge threw whole claim out.

Any suggestions anyone?

TheyrCriminals

Edited by TheyrCriminals

Hi,

Devastated. Friends bank charges claim struck out. We spent ages working on our written submissions, we incorporated the Supreme Court Judgement and the directing to S.5 UTCCR's we also sent the court an entire copy of the judgement. Additionally included the positive development in the Scottish case of Sharp v Bank of Scotland plc (2010). It didn't work Judge through whole claim out.

Any suggestions anyone?

TheyrCriminals

Did he give reasons? Who is we? Flagged up for site team attention

Edited by rdm2006

;)

Don't you just wish you could "Leap Frog" and write direct to Supreme Court.

After all writing to them worked for the banks.

Someone in the know will be along soon

;)

Hi,

We phoned the court to find out the result but as yet we have not had the written Order through which we are hoping will shed some light on it but this is a massive setback. Can we get the claim reinstated?

TheyrCriminals

The strikeout order I received gave me 7 days (I think) to apply for the judgement to be varied or set aside. I came here for help, received stirling advice from the site team, and applied via N244 to have the strikeout judgement overturned. It worked, although it wasn't a bank charges claim - it was a finance company claim. Think the same or similar principles apply though.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/246352-finance-company-claim-strilkeout.html

Edited by HomerJSimpson
7 days not 14

Hi,

Devastated. Friends bank charges claim struck out. We spent ages working on our written submissions, we incorporated the Supreme Court Judgement and the directing to S.5 UTCCR's we also sent the court an entire copy of the judgement. Additionally included the positive development in the Scottish case of Sharp v Bank of Scotland plc (2010). It didn't work Judge threw whole claim out.

Any suggestions anyone?

TheyrCriminals

A simple strike out doesn't mean you can't try again unless it's judgment. Don't despair as provided you use different arguments as in GLC then you can re-issue however my advice before re-issuing is to await a Scottish judgment which if favourable you can use

you'll probably get an order through from the court giving you 7 days to stay, set aside or vary the claim. you need to apply with a N244 application giving your reasons why the decision is wrong and attach your proposed amended POC and relevant fee - it doesnt sound like you attended a hearing - some courts are doing this off their own backs then allowing people to overturn it later - I only know of one case so far other than yours that has not been allowed to continue - if a hearing is set you MUST ATTEND

Hi,

We phoned the court to find out the result but as yet we have not had the written Order through which we are hoping will shed some light on it but this is a massive setback. Can we get the claim reinstated?

TheyrCriminals

I have just read Homer's Thread.

As JonCris has pointed out there has been no judgement and therefore no finality in the matter.Set asides are pretty common however you will need to be incisive in your follow ups and bear in mind that your issue IS one that applies within the context of the SC decision.

You will need to sharpen your sword and distinguish issues in SC decision from your situ.

Have a read although contextually Homer's was outwith the Banking structure but I am so sure you may identify with a few things.

Homer has successfully applied for a set aside (Procedure) and is currently awaiting response from the defendants.

HJs claim was also initially dismissed/struck out.

Edited by means2anend