H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I have not used the forum for a while but it seems very quiet with reference to bank charges. I have 2 cases that are stayed (over 5k) and want to know what is the next move. I received a letter from the court saying it was stayed until november i think and then it will be struck out. What do i do next?

Its better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a lamb!!!;-)

Morning all,

I also have all parts of my anatomy crossed!!! :shock:

Best wishes

Dougal

Remember : 'Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you have been doing!'

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Bet your life it will.

But, of course, if (when?) the banks lose we will have to endure the whole damned appeal process; but it will be sending the right messages that the fat lady ain't finished singing.

I think it will, not that it will create a legal precedent (it won't), but it will give us an idea as to whether the ideas being used to attack the banks sustain credibility in front of a judge. It also will force the banks to show how they plan to justify their charges under the CCA.

They could of course settle beforehand, but they know we are watching and that such a move would mean us going for the jugular.

The ONLY positive outcome for them MUST be an outright win, as lose or draw will spell bad news for the banks. :-D

Thanks Kenny, but funnily enough, I am -relatively- ok. As an early claimant, I got pretty much everything back, I have a very small one still stuck in the system, have a big one for relatives in the pipeline, and a couple of medium ones for friends also stuck in the system, and I am taking much more drastic steps for the couple of remainders, so for me personally, it's not as big an issue as for others. For the cause itself however... well, that's a different story altogether. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, in an attempt to scare off the claimant (court costs etc) the bank requested it be heard in a higher court. The claimant, however, is entitled to legal aid, so that's two fingers to the bank. :D

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Morning all

I could not have put it better...!:cool:

Best wishes to everyone involved

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Don't you just love it when they try to pull a fast one and it backfires :D

• Haha 1

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Yea, in an attempt to scare off the claimant (court costs etc) the bank requested it be heard in a higher court. The claimant, however, is entitled to legal aid, so that's two fingers to the bank. :D

The Banks like higher courts as they are more likely to look at the legal and technical points rather than the unfair or moral position.

Look what happened with the test case, all going our way, until it got to the highest court in the land.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

The Banks like higher courts as they are more likely to look at the legal and technical points rather than the unfair or moral position.

Look what happened with the test case, all going our way, until it got to the highest court in the land.

yes - what did happen in the test case - they changed their argument from these charges are to cover our "admin costs" to these charges are a "cross subsidy" to pay for free if in credit banking and therefore are a core part of the contract/business.

Would they have won if they had continued to claim they were admin costs - we will never know.

but they did lose in the two courts prior to the supreme court using "admin costs" as an argument ..... maybe that is a clue to what would have happened.

Edited by rdm2006

;)

People are still looking for solutions, but I think it's fair to say it's not going to be easy

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Cheer up CARO it might actually happen!

Never said it wouldn't kenny.:p

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.