@Together_PM Together Property Management - inexplicably high fees, negligent maintenance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had problems with Together Property management for almost ten years.

They charge high maintenance fees which they claim are spent on items such as monthly cleaners that certainly do not come monthly, and the sum listed to cover this cleaner does not match the service they provide. There are other similar charges.

This year one leaseholder in my building requested that they trim the front hedge, but after months of trying to get them to do it, the leaseholder did it themselves.

Since 2016 I have requested that they investigate and repair a source of external damp in the property which has caused ongoing damp issues on the inside wall. There were conflicting reports by damp surveyors - always hired and paid for by me, the leaseholder - as to the source of the damp. The freeholders never looked into the source despite requests that they do so.

Finally a very thorough damp survey several months ago has said that it is caused by perished pointing and spalled bricks on the outside front wall, which caused internal water ingress and thus damp on the internal bedroom wall. This has in turn brought the moisture levels up in the front bedroom, which caused condensation damp on another wall in the same room.

I would like them to cover the costs to repair the damage (the two forms of damp/water ingress damage) in the front bedroom. I suggested they do this through an insurance claim, though really it's not my problem how they go about raising the funds to pay for it. Surely they must be legally responsible, as the damp survey report details twice how the external front wall problems have caused the damp in the front bedroom. 

Now they are saying that because there are multiple forms of damp that they will be unable to make an insurance claim. They are also claiming there is rising damp and that we may need a new damp proofing course, despite the fact that the report specifies that there is no rising damp nor problem with the damp proofing course, the problem is penetrative and condensation damp.

They are slow to reply to emails and initially said they would make an insurance claim. This means that all the while, the damage is getting worse. 

To clarify, what I'd like them to pay for is the damp problems caused by water entering the front wall from the failed pointing on the outside of the property. 

It's unbelievable that they could be so negligent and still expect leaseholders to foot the bill. There must be a way to challenge this. 

rising damp is always fake - no such thing.

it will be that wall as you say.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I have to agree with dx100uk

How they suddenly came to the conclusion it is rising damp and that we may need a new damp proofing course really.

Also the excuse of multiple forms of damp they are unable to make an insurance claim really.

1. Write and ask them for a copy of there report that states it is rising damp and that we may need a new damp proofing course .

2. Write and ask them for a copy of there Building Insurance Policy

Also this Topic on the Forum may be a good read for you to see how this lot operate:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Hi

Any update for us on this?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group