CTAX Control of Goods order Newlyns - Is this legit or legal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to CTAX Control of Goods order Newlyns - Is this legit or legal?

Not in arrears as far as I know, however I did used to live in Camden so there is always a chance something got missed at some point.  I could not say hand on heart that I dont owe it. 

What seemed strange to me was that it was delivered on a Sunday, which I didnt this was allowed and also that there is not the name of the person (the appointed registered bailiff) as I believe there should be.     

Yes you need to contact the Council and find out current position with this.

Sounds like the Council obtained a liability order through magistrates court, because you did not respond to Court summons.   And now Newlyn are looking to seize goods to sell to cover the amount that is owed, if the amount owed is not paid.

The Council will be able to confirm if they have instructed Newlyn to collect the debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

where the previous letters? 

like the Notice Of Enforcement @£75? which must be sent to where you live now giving 10 days before further action?

i see this is for a previous address so if no NOA to where you live now...then its not strictly valid, and anyway, it's a CTAX debt so no right of forced entry.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for your advice.  

I do not have previous letters from them, however our post is awful.  I received a letter dated June 1st last week which was sent first class and so much never arrives I could not say that they had not sent anything.  

I will call them in the morning and arrange to pay, assuming that I do owe it.  It was the coming on a Sunday that I found very strange. 

Yup old council tax , even from many years ago can suddenly come back to bite you, although when you talk to them you should ask them to send you a statement first.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread