TPS ANPR PCN 22nd May 2023 - Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 22nd May 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 26th May 2023

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received 2nd June 2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Total Parking Solutions

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

I have received 2 parking charge notices from TPS (Total Parking Solutions) as the owner of the vehicle but was not the driver on both occasions, this thread is for the 22nd May 2023. 

The private car park is for 3 businesses: Anytime Fitness, Wetherspoons (JJ Moons) and Coral betting shop. 

The driver was visiting Wetherspoons. 

2 hours of free parking is provided for customers of the 3 businesses, but you are required to enter the car registration, which is a recent requirement. It hasn't been required for over 15 years. 

The driver did not enter the car registration as the electronic pad was situated in the corner of the bar with no signage. 

I have discussed with the Wetherspoons venue and been advised that the car park is not part of the lease and is provided as a courtesy. However, having an electronic pad on the premises to captured customer information suggests Wetherspoons could be able to cancel the PCNs. 

Attached is the PCN, pictures of the car park signage, photos from the entrance of the Wetherspoons and location of the electronic pad and the receipt from Wetherspoons. 

My intention is to not respond to the PCNs requesting the driver’s details. 

Can I ask for confirmation this is the correct decision please? Also, that TPS do not have grounds to take this to court. 

2023-05-22 TPS PCN + photos + Receipt.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to TPS ANPR PCN 22nd May 2023 - Watu, Hornchurch, RM12 4UN

eh?

Parking Charge Notice: received as owner not driver

you mean registered keeper ...

speculative invoices are always sent to the registered keeper details they attain for a £1.60 fee from the DVLA. they don't know and should never be told who was actually driving.

as for court..:noidea: who knows

await if/when a letter of claim ever comes

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok as you were not the driver on either occasion you are not responsible for the charge. Just ignore them and see my post on your other thread.

You could question why the pub. didn't alert the motorist to signing the register. Once maybe but twice?

You said...

"2 hours of free parking is provided for customers of the 3 businesses, but you are required to enter the car registration, which is a recent requirement. It hasn't been required for over 15 years."

Sounds like the driver visited this location regularly...

Have there been any new highly visible notices warning drivers that the terms of parking have now changed?

I believe the fleecers own code of conduct requires such signage to be installed for some time before the new terms come into effect.

Same obviously applies to your other thread.

This info is really for your own use when / if you ever need to write a witness statement further down the line.

(Reviewing previous posts in your own thread is often a good resource for a WS).

Edited by Nicky Boy
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thank you for your guidance.

I believe there was no signage in advance and there's no signage in the Wetherspoons about needing to enter your registration. 

I haven't responded to either PCN and will collate the various requests for payment that I will no doubt receive until there is a 'letter before action'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

I have now received a letter from BW legal adding on further charges for debt recovery. 

I've attached for your reference. 

The envelope portrays that I'm in arrears on an account to anyone seeing the envelope, which I assume is an attempt to make me pay. 

Shall I hold on until a Letter of Claim is received? 

Parking Charge Notice - Total Parking Solutions.pdf

as always.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...