Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will you be scanning & posting up your copy of the manual as it would be great if those being badly treat by Welcome could not only quote back to them their own rules but also offer to send them a copy

I will attempt it tonight - but be patient, will have to actually set mine up

ref post 2696

to be honest i dont know about welcome being a witness to a loan

but as we are talking of a secured loan, i would think they would be independant to stop pressure tacticts

correction

dont secured loans have to be signed off premisis

14 day cooling off period

you get the agreement signed and then posted back to creditor

unsure like i said,

checking it out

basically - at welcome after a first appointment to prove affordability, a secured loan off trade pack is supposed to be sent (unsigned by anyone) the 14 day cooling off is started and you are not allowed to be contacted at all by anyone. then you would be booked in for a second appointment where you sign on trade documents - again even in these circs off trade packs are not allowed to be used by local branches

how do compliance regard complaints

when a customer complains, who is the complaint escalated to

complaints are dealt with via an eform on the welcome intranet - first highlighted to BM of the branch to resolve, then to AM, then RM etc 10 days are given at each level to resolve then a closing letter has to be sent to the customer.,

in response to DGI site - I have never been able to discuss a customer's account with Direct Group - and the customer has only agreed to be sold PPI not that we can talk about their claim with the company

Wrong the consent I'm referring to is the catch all status/credit reference that will be requested of the client at the outset. This once given allows Welcome to discuss the clients affairs with any associated company such as DG

ref post 2696

to be honest i dont know about welcome being a witness to a loan

but as we are talking of a secured loan, i would think they would be independant to stop pressure tacticts

correction

dont secured loans have to be signed off premisis

14 day cooling off period

you get the agreement signed and then posted back to creditor

unsure like i said,

checking it out

With the first loan we had a copy which we took to a friends house and got them to sign.

This second one in the box for signatures for the agreement the DATE of Signatures is blank though at the bottom is signed by Welcome.

Odd though the signature from Welcome (just squiggle no block letters) should be the same as the witness because we only spoke to one person but the signature on the charge is different ?? Charge dated same as agreement ??

My Secured agreement was sent to me after applying over the phone. I was then given the cooling off period whilst i signed etc. I remember them saying they were not allowed to contact me in that time. I sent it back in the post. I did not and have never been to a Welcome office.

Glous87

My secured loan is no longer secured as the property has been sold. How would Welcome view this?

Also on my notes it says

'Appeared on non payers section of CCCS Data Disk'

Could you tell me what this means please?

andie

did you realy expect a ring back

i feel cpr comming on

i cant do it as my claim with welcome is long gone

any one take up the challenge and advice from pt

so up for it got a response from our compliance friends - will post the gist shortly :mad:

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me, I got a second loan (unsecured) out with welcome middle of november. with the amount borrowed i settled the first loan. Which you can see on the agreement. I recently lost my job in january and notified them explained i was living on job seekers allowance and had other creditors to pay too offered them £3 a month, they refused and agreed to give me a few months off, i told them i have new job but start date is april and they want one months payment by end of march, i explained that i have no money, they wanted me to borrow off people or bank. he then reduced to £95 but still can't so they are no threating with debt collectors. i said do what you have to as i don't have he money till month into new job. Can you look over my agreement and see if any hiden clauses or wave a magic wand( i wish lol) also the likely oncome of them sending it to a debt collector.

Sorry if wafferling just have so much on my mine with in all.

Thank you

Stressed_out28

uneforcable because if someone has driven to your home with an on trade contract and you have signed it - it is classed as harrassment but with an off trade contract - only allowed to be used if part of the LMB, LCU or CSSC/CSM dept. Local branches are not even supposed to have them in their branch - would mean they would fail an audit

im intrigued by this as my original agreement was brought to my home and signed i even received a phone call from wfs employee to state this would be quickest way to get my money, and when it was re-written again he came out to see me at someone elses house and i had to go to his car to sign, does this make it unenforcable and will this show on my sar??

basically - at welcome after a first appointment to prove affordability, a secured loan off trade pack is supposed to be sent (unsigned by anyone) the 14 day cooling off is started and you are not allowed to be contacted at all by anyone. then you would be booked in for a second appointment where you sign on trade documents - again even in these circs off trade packs are not allowed to be used by local branches

My branch must have missed that training session! First loan signed off trade with independent witness, 7 day cooling off period only. Second loan (rewrite to 'reduce payments' ahem :roll:) signed on trade, no cooling off period as a matter of 'urgency' to stop court action and repossession (oh how naive i was, oh my) said I didn't need independent witness again as loan was rewrite and they would complete and send docs....oh and then they forged the original witness signature and details from first loan...hmmmm, I queried, they said it was a staff training issue...and again I reiterate, they missed that training session, or did they?

Gloucs87 I appreciate that you are young and had a terrible time and you are angry, but maybe refrain from mentioning death certificates and possible causes of suicide. I personally found it upsetting, for you if you feel that to be true and for anyone on this forum who may or may not have had experience of the depths of despair that issues like this caused by companies like welcome can cause. I think that if this truly is your experience at 21, having worked for them most of your young adult life, then they are more deplorable, you've obviously matured and have knowledge beyond your years and if you do help people here I hope this unburdens you. Simply present the facts, we all know they speak for themselves and Welcome document their facts well in my experience, but like Batfink they do not have wings of steel as they may think...

welcome agreement.jpg

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me, I got a second loan (unsecured) out with welcome middle of november. with the amount borrowed i settled the first loan. Which you can see on the agreement. I recently lost my job in january and notified them explained i was living on job seekers allowance and had other creditors to pay too offered them £3 a month, they refused and agreed to give me a few months off, i told them i have new job but start date is april and they want one months payment by end of march, i explained that i have no money, they wanted me to borrow off people or bank. he then reduced to £95 but still can't so they are no threating with debt collectors. i said do what you have to as i don't have he money till month into new job. Can you look over my agreement and see if any hiden clauses or wave a magic wand( i wish lol) also the likely oncome of them sending it to a debt collector.

Sorry if wafferling just have so much on my mine with in all.

Thank you

Stressed_out28

please find agreement attached below

welcome agreement.jpg

Anyone, where do i stand on this pls? Never had a statement, it's been 2yrs since the loan started. And for some unknown reason, it's been 3 months since iasked for a statement and early settlement fig. Nothing to date. SAR sent off 13.02.09. And the balance they told me on the phone doesn't make sense, they are even claiming it is because of missing payments.... very much sure this isn;t true, as even welcome wouldn't let you miss a payment, they will be at your door like a shot...

With the first loan we had a copy which we took to a friends house and got them to sign.

This second one in the box for signatures for the agreement the DATE of Signatures is blank though at the bottom is signed by Welcome.

Odd though the signature from Welcome (just squiggle no block letters) should be the same as the witness because we only spoke to one person but the signature on the charge is different ?? Charge dated same as agreement ??

Dandeperate

I found out that my charge was put on 1 year after first loan, basically when they rewrote the second loan they must have realised they forgot to put charge on! So they may very well have processed them at different times and if I recall this is done through their lawyers? I have an unsigned doc which gives them permission to put charge on, Welcomes copy has a signature but is a screenshot and illegible, and my students could do a better photoshop job. Hope postggj can help because I think he is right, I would like to know how they get these charges through...and when.

amjestermoon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks