The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well said Mac, I couldn't have said it better myself!!

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for apologies MacBoy. The NNC has an odd status. It is a non-departmental public body but is funded in part by the DTI. All of the consumer organisations consulted were 'designated' consumer groups. There are legal reasons why wider consultation with more 'grass roots' groups was not possible as it would steer too close to being in the public domain.

I would imagine that if the public got wind of the OFT action it would have effected the bank's share price and this could be why the test case announcement was made minutes after the stock market closed.

No need for apologies MacBoy. The NNC has an odd status. It is a non-departmental public body but is funded in part by the DTI. All of the consumer organisations consulted were 'designated' consumer groups. There are legal reasons why wider consultation with more 'grass roots' groups was not possible as it would steer too close to being in the public domain.

I would imagine that if the public got wind of the OFT action it would have effected the bank's share price and this could be why the test case announcement was made minutes after the stock market closed.

If it wasn't for the 'grass roots' groups, it would never have got as far as it has!!

i.e. Banks would have still been illegally taking penalty charges, & making people homeless, & no-one would have known that they could claim it all back.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe Which? were too busy trying to sell me magazines to notice? ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

If it wasn't for the 'grass roots' groups, it would never have got as far as it has!!

i.e. Banks would have still been illegally taking penalty charges, & making people homeless, & no-one would have known that they could claim it all back.

I agree that it seems unjust but we have to accept that this is the way things work.

Stoked

Surely, it is precisely not always accepting the way things work, that delivers change? You're beginning to sound like an apologist. ;):razz:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I agree that it seems unjust but we have to accept that this is the way things work.

The way I read your reply, it seems to me that you don't think we should be fighting against penalty charges, & you think 'we have to accept them'; well IMO I & thousands like me do not & will not accept them ever, & that is precisely why we are here, & all members of CAG, MSE, & a few others I could mention.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The way I read your reply, it seems to me that you don't think we should be fighting against penalty charges, & you think 'we have to accept them'; well IMO I & thousands like me do not & will not accept them ever, & that is precisely why we are here, & all members of CAG, MSE, & a few others I could mention.

Sorry but perhaps I didn't make my myself clear. When I said ''I agree that it seems unjust but we have to accept that this is the way things work'' I was referring to the disclosure restraints that government departments are under and not bank charges themselves. I firmly believe these charges are unfair and unacceptable. But at the same I think it's important to understand and accept how the regulatory/judicial/government systems work. Knowledge is power and all that.

On the subject of public places at the test case hearing you might be interested to know what a spokesperson for the Office of Fair Trading said today:

''We were certainly aware of the disquiet as to the number of public places available and we worked with the court service to resolve this, I think satisfactorily''

Written to Phil Woolas, MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth.

My next door neighbour has also e-mailed George Galloway on his website.

I would be interested to see what George has to say saddle.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

No we don't who do you work for?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

What law says I must accept the way the world work's?

Unfortunately George Galloway has not replied to dori2o's next door neighbour, or if he has, we haven't been told!

If there is anyone who have contacted his/her MP, & they have received a reply, we would be very grateful if you could PLEASE let us know on this thread!!

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I must say that you have the very apt name "stoked", as you've done plenty of it since you joined, how long is it now? oh yes, a few days! lmao.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

George told me he did not know what else he could do to help out.

This was in response to an email. He said he had already played the campaign song on his show.

Perhaps if someone wrote to him in his capacity as an Minister of Parliament. Not sure who he has written to though i suspect it could of been that female who worked for the BBA. That is what i would of done if i were in his position.

Dose any one know what comities George sits on?

Thanks JOSH, I'll mark him down as replied, as I need to make sure our list is kept updated.

As for knowing what committee's he sits on, I have no idea, but I should imagine that someone on CAG might know though.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lol I think you will find that is why he has a talk show.

He deserves that much Ja-de ta.

This is a very good list of Mp's.

UK Parliament - alms

Guest louis wu
Lol I think you will find that is why he has a talk show.

He deserves that much Ja-de ta.

But not very good for this purpose, eh James;)

Thought it was about time I posted an update for you all.

There have been 142 MP's contacted

There have been 78 MP's who have replied

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is Louis its the publicity we need.

However I do think this thread is in the the wrong section.

How do you mean it's in the wrong place?

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should be in the campaign section.