The MP's campaign-Responses

moneyhelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great stuff Corny90 - thank you. :D

Come on folks! How about trying for 150 MPs contacted before Xmas?

;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MungryMatt

Tony Wright, member for Great Yarmouth.

Wrote to him today wink.gif Will keep updated with any responses.

Thanks for the pm MungryMatt, list has now been updated.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ja-de and all:) thought you might like to see this letter I received in the post today:-

-

II

JESSICAMORDENMP

LabourMember

of Parliamentfor NewportEast

Suite 5, 1st Floor, Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA

T 01633 841 726 F 01633 841 727

Jessica Morden MP | Jessica Morden

mordenj@parliament.uk

12 December 2007

Dear Valerie

Our Ref: aw/GILL0200l/02070630

Further to our recent exchange of email messages, please find enclosed a

copy of a letter I have today sent to Kitty Usher MPat the Treasury,the

content of which is self explanatory.

I will contact you again as soon as I have a response.

Yours sincerely

JESSICAMORDENMP

JESSICAMORDE~MP

LabourMember

of Parliamentfor NewportEast

Suite 5, rt Floor, Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA

T 01633 841 726 F 01633 841 727

Jessica Morden MP | Jessica Morden

mordenj@Darliament.uk

12 December 2007

Rt hon Kitty Usher MP

Economic Secretary to the Treasury

HMTreasury

1 Horse Guards Road

London

SW1A 2HQ

Dear Kitty

Our Ref:aw/GILL02001/02070629

Further to our exchange on the floor of the House on 29 November,I am

writing to draw your attention to representations I have received from a

number of constituents frustrated by the waiver in place as the HighCourt

test case proceedson bankcharges.

However well intentioned, the bank charges test case is seen by many of my

constituents as a way for banks to hide behind the waiver saving millionsthis

year on claims they would be paying out - whilst continuing to charge. Given

this, I should be grateful if you would let me know:-

. how long it is estimated the case willtake? I know this is difficultto

establish but some reports are saying it couldtake years and it would

be usefulto have clarificationon this;

if the waiver willbe revoked if progress on the test case is not being

made or is substantially delayed?

what more can be done to help those who may be in particular financial

difficultyduringthe periodof the waiver?;and

if it is clear that the test case willsolve this issue once and for all as

some firms are saying it is not going to make much difference to

individual claims. The test case seeks to determine whether the

Regulationsapplyto bank charges or not. The OFTbelieves that the

Regulations apply, and the banks believe they are exempt from the

Regulations.Therefore, in itself, the question of whether or not the

Regulations apply does nothing to resolve matters one way or another,

whatever the outcome of the test case.

Thank you for considering this. It would be useful to have your views that I

can pass on to my constituents.

Yours sincerely

JESSICAMORDENMP

P.5. I believe it is really important

to provide you with relevant information about my work as

an MP therefore I will keep your details on file and may contact you from time to time, if you

do not wish to receive further correspondence from me please write to me at the following

address Jessica Morden MP,1st Floor Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA.

• Haha 1

Hi olden, thanks for letting us know how it's progressing between yourself & Jessica, we really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I don't think that Kitty Ussher will be in any rush to reply to her though.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes ja-de I do realise that it seems to be at the stage where we have hit a brick wall, no one will bother now of course until after Christmas and then the excuse will be that the case date is upon us. So do enjoy a very Happy Christmas and forget about it til the New Year:D by the way where did you find that greetings animation ? I would like to show off to my kids and grandchildren!! regards val xx

Well done Val!

Some people have knocked what we have been trying to do with this thread (you know who you are - all of you), but this is democracy in action. Exchanges have been made in Parliament because of what we are doing. We are having an impact.

Let's keep it up.

Mac

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Thanks olden, you're doing a great job.

Very well said Mac, I agree with you totally on that point, & I would also like to add; for all of those people who don't want to help, please don't knock what we are trying to do, & are doing. If you don't like it, or you just can't be bothered, please just let us get on with it.

Please don't forget that this is for the good of everyone in the UK, not just ourselves.

We have 646 MP's in the UK, & we have only managed to contact 135 of them since we started this campaign in August.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have received a pm from from MungryMatt, here it is:

I received a written response from MP Tony Wright today. The Full Transcript is as follows, as I don't know where to put it on the Forum.

Dear Mr MungryMatt

Thank you for your e-mail sent on 16 December regarding your concerns over bank charges.

Whist I appreciate the need for legal clarification over the matter, I do not believe it is fair to leave the matter hanging until such time as the test case is completed. As such, I have written on your behalf to both the FSA and the OFT, and will contact you again when I receive a response.

If in the meantime, I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,

Tony Wright MP

(Pretty positive it seems, maybe just maybe we'll get an MP on side who's prepared to lobby the cause!).

Result! well done on getting a quick reply MungryMatt.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Received reply from John Grogan, MP for Selby, North Yorkshire.

Basically saying not much, other than he can't give legal advice (not that I asked for any) the test case is going ahead to decide the legality of charges (which I already knew) that all calims were on hold pending the outcome (yeah yeah), quoting the OFT reasons for the case (already got them). :x

In respose to the comments about suspending charges until the test case is decided he comments;

"Unfortunately it is not possible to suspend the charges during this time because such a suspension requires proof of their unfairness. Neither the FSA not the OFT have the power to suspend a charge without a legal judgement proclaiming it's illegitimacy and such proof can only be obtained through the test case verdict. Therefore we must all await it's verdict."

He again quotes the OFT regarding the length of time it may take to get a final decision on the legitimacy of charges and goes on to say;

"Having spoken to some experts on this matter they suggested that once the inevitable appeals processes are exhausted the case is likely to be resolved within a year".

I also have a 10 page library brief from the House of Commons Library.

Take out the fancy heading on the letter and I have an A4 and a half response which basically says nothing we don't already know. :x :x

I'm a total goof with photobucket but with Bookie's Idiots Guide I could just about manage to scan an upload it all if anybody really wants to see it.

Great response from MP to mungry matt:D Tony Wright and Jessica Morden had better get a few more hundred MPs on side. and then you have someone like John Grogan speaks the words of the OFT and FSA:( he's givren it a lot of thought hasn't he, I don't think!! val

• Haha 1

Thank for letting us know abg, it seems as though Joan Humble is trying to "kop out" again, lol.

If she doesn't want to know, why doesn't she just say so!! stone me thinks we might need your assistance again, hehehe lol

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank for letting us know abg, it seems as though Joan Humble is trying to "kop out" again, lol.

If she doesn't want to know, why doesn't she just say so!! stone me thinks we might need your assistance again, hehehe lol

I will get on to Joan Humble again after the holidays, but I am not going to hold my breath as it looks like she is going to lose a large chunk of her constituency (fleetwood) for the next election if not the whole lot, thus I think that she is keeping her head down and not getting involved in anything even slightly contraversial. She is more concerned with her own political career at the moment, than any of the people who put her there in the first place, or am I just being cynical? LOL

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Thanks stone; fancy that, advising abg to get a solicitor, what's all that about:confused:.

I think you might be right about her losing many of her constituents, seeing as she can't be "bovvered" to help when she's asked to. I think a click will be on it's way to you if it'll let me.

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi olden, I totally agree with you, IMO I reckon they just want the money that comes with the job, & stuff the ones who vote 'em into office.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ja-de, yes I think there is a crisis in politics today, because they all seem to be in it just for the money and there's not much to chose between the different parties any more, there doesn't seem to be anyone in opposition who stands out as an exceptional leader any more GB has just signed us up for without a referendum, sold us out on the sly, even manupulating that so he wasn't seen to be doing it, (on the photograph ) oh sorry! I could go on and on, but , Have a great New Year val new-year.gif

I would like to wish everyone on CAG,

A very Happy & Prosperous

New Year

for

th_happy_new_year.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does this woman KNOW what's going on ? isn't it amazing that so many politicians do not seem to be up to speed with the high profile case of the major banks in Britain taken to court

Thats because it is not high profile :sad:

We might like to think it is, but I think your judgement may be skewed by your personal involvement in the issue.

The vast majority of people would not even know what you are talking about!

Please note this is not a dig at you or this campaign...

I wish it was high profile but I cannot say hand on heart that I believe that to be the case...

Thats because it is not high profile :sad:

We might like to think it is, but I think your judgement may be skewed by your personal involvement in the issue.

The vast majority of people would not even know what you are talking about!

Please note this is not a dig at you or this campaign...

I wish it was high profile but I cannot say hand on heart that I believe that to be the case...

Of course you are partially correct in your observations RAL, but if we all keep banging away at our MP`s and get every-one else to contact theirs then we CAN make it high profile, So come on everyone get in touch with your MP, let them know what is going on Less than 150 out of over 600 it is not good enough!! dont leave it to someone else take some action.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Tuvm stone, really do appreciate your help. 110104_emM5.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YOu may be partially correct in your observations RAL but then I only think that is in respect of the general public who have no axe to grind, as far as MPs are concerned I would certainly expect every single one of them to know exactly what is going on with reference to cases involving the major banks of the country being forced into high court to answer allegations which are tantemount to 'highway robbery' questions have been put to parliament have they not?

By the way has everyone remembered to text for the protest song? can we get it to no1 ?

You may be partially correct in your observations RAL but then I only think that is in respect of the general public who have no axe to grind, as far as MPs are concerned I would certainly expect every single one of them to know exactly what is going on with reference to cases involving the major banks of the country being forced into high court to answer allegations which are tantamount to 'highway robbery' questions have been put to parliament have they not?

Thank you for the support olden

By the way has everyone remembered to text for the protest song? can we get it to no1 ?

Yes, I'm just waiting for my download now.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If there is anyone who has been having problems with trying to download the song "I fought the Lloyds"ipod-108.gifplease don't give up trying, it took me a few attempts to download my copy, but I got there in the end.

There has been a lot of people who have had the same problem, so there must be a big demand, & considering that, I reckon it'll reach No. 1 in no time, but you have to download it for it to count.

Does anyone have any idea as to how many copies have been downloaded so far??

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]