HSBC T&Cs HERE

stax68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right....this is great!

I am going to print off all the T&C's from when i am claiming my charges and am i right to highlight all area's saying that the charges are to cover admin costs??

Also........how do i print from photo bucket? I have just tried at work and it didnt let me!

Thanks again for all this!!!

kell,

you could copy the pages you want into word and print from there. you can save it then and at least that way you have a copy for you records. the file will be enormous though.

You can always use the PDF files which are linked in post #1. Save them to your computer, then open them with adobe reader (this is available for free download on the web if you don'tr already have it) and print them out. Since I've added PDFs, the images are a bit redundant really. It's alot less fiddly to print out one file per document rather than one image per page.

If you do wnat to use the images: if you can view them you should be able to print them - by right-clicking on them and selecting 'print', for example. How are you viewing them? What happens when you try to print them? It shouldn't be necessary to use Word, anyway.

Will the courts accept Word documents though?

It wouldn't look like a word document once it's printed out - just a printout of an image. If they will accept a photocopy, presumably they will accept a printout that looks like a photo or a scan. That's the beauty of the adversarial system: the courts can pretty much assume everything is as it seems unless it is challenged by the other side - which the T&Cs won't be.

(Mind you, Judge Poole in the infamous Lloyd's case apparently forgot he was in a common law jurisdiction. He seems to have had a rush of blood to the head, and started behaving like some sort of inquisitor. No-one expected that!)

Oh yes I didn't realise you posted links to pdf's at the beginning of this thread. that would be a lot easier. :D

(Mind you, Judge Poole in the infamous Lloyd's case apparently forgot he was in a common law jurisdiction. He seems to have had a rush of blood to the head, and started behaving like some sort of inquisitor. No-one expected that!)

'NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION' LOL

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

this might sound a little stupid but how can i use the t&c's in my case. Are they just to show the charges are not explained indetail when you sign up or to show that they are charged because i have breached the t&c's?

Not at all stupid - exactly the question you should be asking. You certainly want to show that the charges are made because you have breached the t&c's. Without showing that, you probably wouldn't be able to argue that they are penalties.

Some ideas here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/95312-hsbc-t-cs-here.html#post883209, but read the T&Cs yourself, and make sure you can identify the relevant bits from each version that applies to your claim.

Some people are only including the relevant pages from T&Cs in their bundles. You could highlight the relevant clauses, and you certainly want to have a document quoting the text of those clauses with your account of what each clause shows. Make sure you are clear on the issues involved and how each relates to the overall argument. You should be able to explain your overall case, referring to your Particulars of Claim, and identify the evidence and legal authorities (cases and Acts/regulations) supporting each point you make.

Then you will be the best position to decide what to include in your bundle and how to put it all together. Even though there is almost no chance that you actually will end up in court, you can expect to speed things up if you show that you know exactly what you are doing. Remember the bank will try and delay paying until (a) you give up, (b) a trial is about to start, or © it becomes clear to them that you are ready, willing and able to argue the case in court with a realistic prospect of success.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need the HSBC T&Cs but having checked, I opened my account with them back in 1992 - the oldest I can see here go back to 1996. Does this matter? Can I use the 1996 ones or will I need to request them from HSBC (don't fancy my chances for a swift response!!).

Sorry if that is a stupid question and thanks in advance for your help.

Hi everyone,

I need the HSBC T&Cs but having checked, I opened my account with them back in 1992 - the oldest I can see here go back to 1996. Does this matter? Can I use the 1996 ones or will I need to request them from HSBC (don't fancy my chances for a swift response!!).

Sorry if that is a stupid question and thanks in advance for your help.

Dont even bother asking HSBC, Just include the 1996 T & C's

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

I won a claim for my charges back and was paid in full.

Can I claim again as the bank HSBC says I cant for 6 months.

Is this true?

Ive never heard such rubbish, would love to know where they dreamed that one up, so unless somebody knows different claim away..

Will ask crusher hes up to claim 99 with them LOL

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

I won a claim for my charges back and was paid in full.

Can I claim again as the bank HSBC says I cant for 6 months.

Is this true?

Eastie, as i thought, its a load of tosh, heres crushers reply LOL :D

' yep, it's crap!

Even if they did introduce this policy, its not binding, and I would tell them where to stick the 6 months. And its not very sunny there.'

Well Crushers Certainly up for poet loriet this year ;)

So unless you signed the banks acceptance that you wouldnt claim again, Go ahead send them in....... go on tell me this aint becoming fun LOL

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Celicaman,

I still have a £2000 overdraft facility with HSBC they charge me £24 a month interest as I hover around the OD £1500 mark plus a £25 overdraft facility or as they put on the statement notified charges.

Can I claim only the £25 overdraft facility back or can I claim some of the interest charges back as well?

Celicaman,

I still have a £2000 overdraft facility with HSBC they charge me £24 a month interest as I hover around the OD £1500 mark plus a £25 overdraft facility or as they put on the statement notified charges.

Can I claim only the £25 overdraft facility back or can I claim some of the interest charges back as well?

Celicaman,

The 'notified charges' is another cloaking of charging you because at some time over the month your balance went over the £2k, so instead of bouncing the item that did that they stuff you for £25 and tell you its for notifying you for asking for an informal overdraft !!!!!:evil: claim them back.

As for interest, you can claim interest back that was charged on the charges, IE for each £25 it accumulates interest against a charge that should not have been levied, so claim it back. If you use mindzias spreadsheet it tallys it up with the charges, but you need your statement to input info.

Basically at the time of each charge, you input the months interest & the balance of account at that time, and it does it for you

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

• 2 weeks later...

The extracts were supplied by DG, HSBCs in-house solicitors. You should probably use the 96 ones too as they are complete and may have been in effect when you opened your account. Save them all, and if/when you need to produce your court bundle, print them off and include them. Make sure you understand which bits are relevant. There's some advice on that in this thread.

Hi stax,

I'm a bit confused - I joined HSBC in 2001.. which docs from your list should I include in my bundle (sorry I dont have any T&S I could send you - I foolishly chucked em all out!)

thanks,

norty

• 3 months later...