HSBC T&Cs HERE

stax68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As we havn't come across any t/c's for 1989 - it would be ok for me to use the closest to it ('96) yes? and highlight the bits you think are most relevant?

Thanks

Sha

When is the earliest charge you are claiming for? My understanding is that if it's post '96 then you won't need the earlier T&Cs.

I assume that at least some of the charges you are claiming for were taken since 96? If so, then you will definitely need T&Cs from 96 or later to cover those.

Basically, you need T&Cs covering all times that charges you are claiming for were taken. So if you are claiming for pre-96 charges, there is a currently a bit of a gap in your evidence, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Unless HSBC produce the older T&Cs in evidence, the likelihood is that the court will have to go with the assumption that they were similar in relevant respects before 96.

In other words, they will very probably give you the benefit of the doubt - because it's more likely that the older T&Cs were basically the same than that there was some unknown difference which just happens to undermine your case. This is especially true because the T&Cs didn't change significantly for ten years after 96 - until the recent rewrite last December, which was obviously a response to our claims!

So even if HSBC did produce them you would probably be OK, because it really is very likely that the older T&Cs will turn out to be much the same as the 96 ones in all relevant respects.

You can highlight the relevant passages and/or make a note of them and/or paste the text into a document, but if it comes to going to court, the most important thing is to make sure you understand what they prove and how it is relevant to your case. Its important even if you don't get to court You may already have it clear in your mind, but if not, and anyway for the sake of anyone else who might want clarification, I've updated the summary at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/95312-hsbc-t-cs-here.html#post883209 to make it clear what I think the significance of the key terms is.

So if in doubt, look at that post.

Also keep an eye out for the official CAG HSBC T&Cs post, which may be appearing sometime soon. In the meantime, hope this helps.

cheers, stax

Stax, outstanding work! Good to see that a scanner and a many hours of photobucket action has turned out this work in progress! Your hard efforts will be of great use and reassurance to many people (myself included) engaged in war with the jokers at HSBC.

I tip my hat to you sir.

r-t-v

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

Stax - this is absolutely wonderful. You've made an old girl very happy! :D.

Is there any chance of making this a sticky rather than a thread?

Not in my power to, but hopefully something is in the pipeline.

Thanks for the info - was struggling trying to work out what I was looking for. Have read the link -(will be lots more I suspect) trying to get my head round it all and get it to sink in!!!!!!Still working it all out (or trying to)

By the way my claim is for period '01 - '07 I was asking for earlier coz I thought I saw somewhere to get t/cs's from when account opened. Ah well, prob brain in melt down again............

Thanks again

Sha