N1 help re CCA request failure and Default Notice non-disclosure

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So (if I have understood right) they wrote to you in xxxx of 2000 saying they have applied an overdraft to your account with a limit of £12500. This facilility was available for 12 months.

Is that about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, got a reply from the sols regarding the above letter - quite a quick turnaround, I'm impressed.

Here goes:

They are being deliberately dense here.

The information from the OFT is based on a regulation. I will find it and let you know.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

So (if I have understood right) they wrote to you in xxxx of 2000 saying they have applied an overdraft to your account with a limit of £12500. This facilility was available for 12 months.

Is that about it?

Well, apparently, they reckon they had written to me in xx 200 saying i had a £250 overdraft which was available for 12 months....

I had a student account in 2002 and they defaulted me 2005 - so, what about the other letters they were meant to have sent when the account was changed ?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

They are being deliberately dense here.

The information from the OFT is based on a regulation. I will find it and let you know.

Peter

Thanks loads Peter...

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Any further comments anyone?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Got a 8 marker on a HFC account logged with experion. Last week asked then could I have a status for the account before the default was added ye we still got that info so will post it out to you.

??????????? then why they insist on wiping out all past payments before the 8 maker??????? that is this relevant? But on closed and settled accounts they will show this info erm????????????????????

Got a 8 marker on a HFC account logged with experion. Last week asked then could I have a status for the account before the default was added ye we still got that info so will post it out to you.

??????????? then why they insist on wiping out all past payments before the 8 maker??????? that is this relevant? But on closed and settled accounts they will show this info erm????????????????????

I know, it's crazy - but, what you have to remember pford is that these lenders are the CRA's clients and therefore will want to be able to make them as much profit as possible.

These lenders can hike up interest rates wtc just for having defaults on your CRA file, it's scandalous!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ye I know but why can’t they still show the payments up to the default? They do on settled accounts Might help us but them again not in their interest to show why it happened. A default is a default. They should be made to show payments up to default.

They should be made to show payments up to default.

They should also be made to take responsibility for storing incorrect data and also be made to remove data they don't have alegal right to hold.

I am sure we will get there in the end!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Just dont hold your breath!

I sent a letter to the Credit controller of a company that had replied to me. They claimed in their letter that they couldnt locate the executed contract and were not going to persue the matter and write the debt off. So i sent a letter to Experian and they did the usual, sent me confirmation that they had put an ammendment on file and would write to the company concerned. I got a letter on Friday from experian telling me that the reply that they had from the company said that the details that experian held were true and up to date therefore they would not be ammending my file.

Despite me having a letter to the contrary. We may get there in the end but its gonna be one helluva battle!!

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

right got letter of them. payment history

erm this dosn't even match the statement of account HFC sent me. no why the late payment makers are as they wouldn't hange the payment date on the account to the end of the month.

Just dont hold your breath!

I sent a letter to the Credit controller of a company that had replied to me. They claimed in their letter that they couldnt locate the executed contract and were not going to persue the matter and write the debt off. So i sent a letter to Experian and they did the usual, sent me confirmation that they had put an ammendment on file and would write to the company concerned. I got a letter on Friday from experian telling me that the reply that they had from the company said that the details that experian held were true and up to date therefore they would not be ammending my file.

Despite me having a letter to the contrary. We may get there in the end but its gonna be one helluva battle!!

I know, these CRA's are crap - I don't know how the directors of these companies sleep at night!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

right got letter of them. payment history

erm this dosn't even match the statement of account HFC sent me. no why the late payment makers are as they wouldn't hange the payment date on the account to the end of the month.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

This to me reads like you have defaulted immediately. If it was late payments surely it would read 8654321001101?

with 8 (default) being an accumulation of non payments. Otherwise an immediate 8 would mean instant default as in non compliance with T&C's....that how id interpret it.

Or have i got it ass about face?!!

Read throught the

I don't know smoothy - the defaults on my CRA files just have either "D" or 8, no other info apart from the start date of the alleged accounts and balances.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

This to me reads like you have defaulted immediately. If it was late payments surely it would read 8654321001101?

with 8 (default) being an accumulation of non payments. Otherwise an immediate 8 would mean instant default as in non compliance with T&C's....that how id interpret it.

Or have i got it ass about face?!!

yes thats how i read it as well.

Normally all that shows on my credit report is the 8 i had to phone them and ask for the information pre drefault been placed.

THIS IS URGENT:

I've just had a call from my local police sargeant saying that he is investigating my complaint re sec 78 breach and needs info stating that an offence of the cca is a criminal offence, not civil. He has looked in books and the act itself but can't find anything stating that it's criminal - any ideas anyone?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Does this mean that it is only trading standards that can prosecute?:

161 Enforcement authorities

(1) The following authorities (“enforcement authorities”) have a duty to enforce this Act and regulations made under it—

(a) the Director,

(b) in Great Britain, the local weights and measures authority,

© in Northern Ireland, the Department of Commerce for Northern Ireland.

(2) Where a local weights and measures authority in England or Wales propose to institute proceedings for an offence under this Act (other than an offence under section 162(6), 165(1) or (2) or 174(5)) it shall, as between the authority and the Director, be the duty of the authority to give the Director notice of the intended proceedings, together with a summary of the facts on which the charges are to be founded, and postpone institution of the proceedings until either—

(a) 28 days have expired since that notice was given, or

(b) the Director has notified them of receipt of the notice and summary.

(3) Every local weights and measures authority shall, whenever the Director requires, report to him in such form and with such particulars as he requires on the exercise of their functions under this Act.

(4)–(6) . . .

That is crazy!!

And, what does "(4)–(6) . . . " mean?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys- I am going to write to them with a claim under section 85

see what they think....I'll post my letter asap....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I have written to the sols to advise them that the FOS have said that without the agreement, it will be difficult for them to take any action agianst me for it......will see their reply.

I am still working on the sec 85 thing and TS are apparently waiting to speak with the bank, why I dont know.

TS have also told me that because the bank have said they dont need to keep copies of the default notices that TS wont continue action.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have deceided to start this new thread to keep the N1 POC stuff seperate from the main thread. The linked thread is: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27877&goto=newpost

To cut a long story short:

I sent a CCA request in August 2006 - they sent an agreement without any prescribed terms, so it is unenforcable.

They have been and still are processing my data.

TS are investigating, and have been since Jan but nothing has moved on.

I now want to issue an N1 with the follwoign result:

I want them to remove all data from my credit files.

For the credit card account i want to claim that the agreement is unenforcable and they can't provide the T&C's relevant at the time so can't process my data.

For the OD - they can't provide the default notice and 75% of the balance was charges which they have since refunded.

I also want to go for damages as I have had to take a car loan out recently for my job and have to pay double the car's purchase price, just because of the defaults.

All help in terms of the POC's is very much appreciated!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I have decided to carry the N1 aand POCs part of this thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/86822-n1-help-re-cca.html#post786318

I hope you can all pop over and help!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

hi there,

im just subscribing

paul

Welcome aboard...

My charges claims:

Default removals: