Numota dodgy cars

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you'll need to give us a bit more to the story than that if you want us to help.

A bullet point list of what happened, price paid, what went wrong, etc is usually helpful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• Nicky Boy changed the title to Numota dodgy cars

I bought a Yaris via Autotrader on 5th August which I paid £1995 for plus £180 transportation cost.

Car was in Leicester sold by a guy called Zayn at Numota.

The car arrived on Saturday 12th on a low loader.

Appeared to be what I had expected.

Drove the car only for it to stall at every single junction and roundabout and cut out at traffic lights.

Took it into my usual garage who told me not to spend a penny on it, engine flooded with oil, underneath rotten and MOT must be dodgy as it would never pass. Incidentally drove around 7 miles and didn't clock up a single mile!!

Rang Zayn who said they would collect the car and refund the money and since then nothing!

Managed to track them down to a place called Neal Brothers in Leicester and got someone to call in there.

He got a number off a guy called Abdullah who is selling the cars but when I rang him he tells me he's a taxi driver.

Been in touch with Auto trader and Trading Standards.

Now what?

In addition to the question – how did you pay? (Although I think I already know the answer – check our used car guide) – you have the right to reject the car within 30 days if it shows any defect.

Although this is not going to help you find the dealer, you may as well assert the right immediately. This means that you must write a letter immediately – send it by first class recorded post and also by email. Point out that the car is defective and that you are asserting your rights under the consumer rights act and that as the defects have manifested themselves within the first 30 days, you are rejecting the vehicle and you want to know the arrangements for returning it and for it refunding your money.

Do that straightaway. It is urgent.

And then please answer the question put to you by my site team colleague above @Nicky Boy

Their website is rather vague with an address, but the one listed on autotrader is... 

Address

• Unit 12A.,Buckland Road
  •  
  • Leicester
  • Leicestershire
  • LE5 0NT

From their website, I've got a bad feeling about this one.

"Appointment only", vague address, mobile phone number...

And Google Street View doesn't look good. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I'm afraid it was obvious that you were going to say it was by bank transfer. Big Fail!

Why did you think it was by debit card?

You say it had to come down by transporter. This means that you didn't even see the car? And also is not close to you. Where are you in the country?

19 minutes ago, amarie22 said:

Stupidly it appears it was a bank transfer although I thought it was debit card but my bank say not

If you paid by bank transfer you would surely know about it, because you would have had to log in to your online banking to do so, or do it over the phone with the bank. The point I'm making is it would have to have been you who did that, the dealer couldn't make a bank transfer on your behalf...unless you did something unthinkable, like logged on to your bank via his computer?

If you paid by him inserting your debit card into a payment device then you did indeed pay by debit card.

Edit: I'm re-reading your post and see you weren't actually present. Still wasn't a bank transfer.

Edited by theberengersniper

@amarie22 it would really help us if you could answer the questions that we are asking.

Also I'd like to know if the car has an MOT? Is it a recent MOT? Who issued it? If it wasn't issued by the dealer, was it issued by an MOT station close to the dealer?

Have you written the letter which I proposed earlier? 

and?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 29/08/2023 at 14:53, amarie22 said:

Managed to track them down to a place called Neal Brothers in Leicester and got someone to call in there.

Is this where Numota are trading from then?