stressed mother V A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi NJC have posted a reply on your thread, how weird!!!

Can anyone out there help with what I will need to take? I have searched the forum but can find no help. I have posted on Noisypinkbubbles thread aswell but have heard nothing yet. Is there something I can send to the court before hand. NJC is with the abby bank and our hearings are exactly the same time, how does that work.

Any help appreciated:(

Caza

Thanks Michael

I have printed off a copy of the witness statemant. Is this all I need to take? what about directions will they be needed at an allocation hearing??

Wetting myself now, thought that they'd pay up before now. Don't want to look like an idiot in court.:(

***Also posted in my thread***

Hi Caza, You have probably read through my thread. I find it interesting that you haven't been requested to complete the AQ. I am not intending to prepare anything more for this hearing in the July unless someone advises differently. I think this is an attempt by the judge to try and force the Abbey/A&L to settle without further court intervention. If you wanted to further prepare yourself then you may want to check through the thread as posted above by path_finder that points to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/87766-abbey-abuse-orders-keeping.html

This is not to onerous and should take about an hour to prepare. Most of this should also be applicable against A&L. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this further. NJC

***Also posted in my thread***

Hi Caza, You have probably read through my thread. I find it interesting that you haven't been requested to complete the AQ. I am not intending to prepare anything more for this hearing in the July unless someone advises differently. I think this is an attempt by the judge to try and force the Abbey/A&L to settle without further court intervention. If you wanted to further prepare yourself then you may want to check through the thread as posted above by path_finder that points to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/87766-abbey-abuse-orders-keeping.html

This is not to onerous and should take about an hour to prepare. Most of this should also be applicable against A&L. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this further. NJC

Hi NJC,

Not having to complete the AQ is indeed becoming more and more common ... I didn't have to complete one, though still had to pay the fee:rolleyes: The judges are now fully aware of what's involved in these cases, how long it's likely to take and know that the defendant will not turn up, so some individual judges decide not to request one.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi NJC

Have just read the Abbey strike out link you sent me that Gary H prepared, How cool:D. Can anybody tell me if its worth sending it to the coiurt before the hearing with an accompanying letter. As there was no Aq i havn't had the oppurtinity to send anything and am just worried about the hearing. Lets sit together NJC and really give it to them.

Caza

Hi everyone

Been busy reading threads, very interesting. Can anybody please tell me if its worth sending anything to the courts before my allocation hearing as its only a couple of weeks away, and whats likley to happen at the hearing? I now know of 2 banks that are to be represented at the same hearing, so how do you think the judge will handle it?

Very nervous:(

Caza

Hi Caza. You are not alone in being nervous. This is unknown territory for us as well. At least our case is not on a one to one with the judge / bank. I think the courts are really getting fed up with the banks and building societies wasting everyones time.

I think the judge will be looking to see if either Abbey, A&L and possible others may turn up. Not sure what track he will take, depends on who turns up on the day I guess.

If you feel you want to prepare, I see no harm in sending an AQ response as per Gary H's process. The judge can either use it or ignore it, but, I doubt the A&L will provide a proactive response to balance the case. In the least, it will demonstrate that you are serious in your claim and will give you the comfort that you personally are best prepared.

Don't give up at this stage. I am sure things will turn out OK. NJC

have a look at simba27 v lloyds tsb -post 15th june -also thetwoofus v YB

(sorry I dont know how to do link back) interesting reading about court appearances.

Janus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi again

Been reading through lots of info and found a lovley nudge letter, is it worth sending?? The hearing is on the 2nd July and basically it lets them know that without waiving my rights I would accept the sum of £1562. This would speed things up abit and also look good in court as at least i've tried to settle with them. What do you think??

Caza:-|

Hi Caza,

I sent them one nudge letter but didn't bother with the second one. Different trains of thought on this ... some think it's a good idea and would look good in the eyes of the judge; others think it's a waste of time, they're not going to pay up and it might make you look desperate.

I decided to compromise and just send the one (which of course didn't work:rolleyes:).

Mimi

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi Caza,

I sent them one nudge letter but didn't bother with the second one. Different trains of thought on this ... some think it's a good idea and would look good in the eyes of the judge; others think it's a waste of time, they're not going to pay up and it might make you look desperate.

I decided to compromise and just send the one (which of course didn't work:rolleyes:).

Mimi

your claim

Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!

Just been reading Jansus' thread and had a look at 'Twoofus' and 'Notlam'. Now am pooing my pants. I have read so many threads where the prelim hearing (or in my case the Allocation hearing) turns out to be the real thing. I am trying to prepare myself but am so flustered after reading twoofus that I may pass out:o. I will try and prepare myself and wear something nice on the day, maybe show a bit of cleavage:D. I have printed off copies of most documents that i think may be needed, but the 'Voler' case keeps cropping up. What is it and should I be worried????

Any advice would be helpful.

NJC has received his cheque on Friday from Abbey so will not see him in court, but have today emailed Wragge and sent copy of letter in post asking them to breakdown their charges. As they refer to them in note 16 of their defence as admin fees. Just asked them to supply me with a breakdown of the actual admin costs involved and how they arrive at these figures. Well you gotta try anything.

So do not want to go on Monday and it seems to be coming around very quickly. Anyhoo enough waffle.

Speak to you later

Caza

Hi Caza. I haven't received a cheque, just an offer letter from Abbey. I have accepted though as it covers my claim + interest + court costs.

Try and stay positive, the two cases you are referring to, 'Twoofus' and 'Notlam' are with different banks. Unless I am mistaken, 'Notlam' is not even a recent thread.

Be positive, you are posting in the public domain and you can bet that the banks are watching. Please remember, you have a lot of support and assistance at your disposal with this site.

Hi Caza,icon7.gif

We're all here to reassure you and try not to worry ... everyone seems to have got along fine at their prelim./directions/allocation hearings. Of course, best to be well prepared ... as you say, a few have been settled at these hearings but, at least if that does happen, it'll be over and done with and I'm sure it'll go in your favour. Here's hoping Wragge don't turn up, which won't please the judge.:rolleyes:

Look out this week for 2 cases due in court in Ireland ... one tomorrow (seboyle) and one on Friday (dj9928). Both post on here and on moneysavingexpert.com.

All the best,

Mimi x

your claim

Caza, Please ignore if you already know this, but, to put things into perspective, have you checked out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=82

This shows that A&L have already settled around £418K. From this page you can print out a list of settled claims and use this to demonstrate precedent setting. NJC

• Haha 1

Quick updated ... seboyle20 has just posted on moneysavingexpert.com (and here?) that she's negotiated a settlement through a solicitor with A&L for charges minus interest and court fees. She won't therefore now be appearing in court tomorrow.

your claim

Caza, Please ignore if you already know this, but, to put things into perspective, have you checked out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=82

This shows that A&L have already settled around £418K. From this page you can print out a list of settled claims and use this to demonstrate precedent setting. NJC

Nice one NJCicon10.gif

your claim

Hi Caza, In the last 10 mins, I have read through this thread start to finish. I see your claim is ~1500. Does this include interest and the court costs you have incurred. This is the minimum you should consider as you WILL WIN.

Maybe a good idea to let us know exactly what you are printing out in your preparation. Maybe revisit my posting within this thread from 16th June, 13:45. NJC

Hi, Thought i'd let you know, I have a hearing on Thursday with A&L, hopefully they'll settle before but with only 2 full days i dont think they will.

Jenny

Hi, Thought i'd let you know, I have a hearing on Thursday with A&L, hopefully they'll settle before but with only 2 full days i dont think they will.

Jenny

Good luck Jenny ... be thinking of youicon7.gif Let us know how it goes (that's if they don't settle first of course!)

Mimi x

your claim