stressed mother V A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

What a lovley Judge(think I'm in love);). Well A&L did not turn up although Wragge sent a letter asking for small claims and also if i could send them a copy of my schedule of charges, have just emailed them again. Told the judge that this would be the 3rd lot that they have been sent. He did ask if I had received an offer atall, and was very suprised when I said no, i did mention the pitance that they offered before court action was taken. He seemed bored with the whole Wragge defence (must of seen it countless times) and said he would do away with the court bundle and that we could 'argue it out on the day'. I took that as agood sign, call it womens intuition. Can't wait for the hearing now and my day in 'court', hope its the same Judge, he's gorgeous, helpful and not intimidating, hope he kicks their bottoms.

Glad to be back home. Have told hubby to pick up a bottle of something on the way home:D.

Caza

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Caza, Hopefully we wont be waiting too long now,i am considering writing a letter to wraggies...a last chance letter...Its been over 6 months now, getting pretty fed up of waiting. Enjoy your bottle of fizz, have one on me.

Jennyxx

Hi Caza,

That was quick. Been wondering how things were going.

I can't believe haggle, wraggle whoever they are couldn't be bothered to show but to send a letter instead :mad:. If I was the judge, I would have thrown A&L's defence out there and then.

How many others cases were being heard? Were you on your own?

Oh well, have a drink. Even though I am sorted, I will keep an eye open and chip in where I can to help. NJC

Well done Caza ... what a surprise (not!) that they didn't turn up. It certainly sounds as if the judge is on your side, which is excellenticon7.gif Sounds as if you can't wait to get to court again ... do hope it's the same gorgeous judge if you get there.icon12.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi

well done :D - I am sure you feel a bit more confident now.

I have just found a section that I had not read before "guidance notes" all about preparing yourself for the hearing - but I bet it wont get that far.

was he a young judge then?

I had a gorgeous policeman come to the door today- wish I could have helped him more:rolleyes:

(some **** held down our pensioner neighbours and robbed them:mad: :mad: )

In that respect it makes me mad that the banks are wasting any court time (civil or not)!

jansus:razz:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Caza

Glad to hear all went well in court, its a shame the judge didnt just let you win as they couldnt be bothered to turn up!

My Nan has a court date for Friday (6th July) and I am going to talk on her behalf.. I have all the statements all neatly in a folder too (also dont think ever been so organised)! Were there other people in the room with you and did he ask any awkward questions??

I am kind of looking forward to it (sad or what!) but.. wish they would just pay up as my Nan could do with the money and she is really nervous (which is why i am speaking for her!).

Any advice gratefully received

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Hi all

There was nobody in the room with me just me and Mr Dreamboat. There was 2 other people outside one claimant from Lloyds who had a solicitor with him, the bank did not show, and another lady who was taking American Express to court. She was talking to a young smarmy suited solicitor from AE who didn't have a clue, I had to laugh as she made him feel about 2foot tall:D. So only the 3 of us.

C&D try not to worry, I bet they try and settle before the hearing. If they dont then try not to worry not all Judges are nasty, some are very nice and can be very patient. Will be thinking of you and let me know what happens.

Caza

Hi Caza

Thanks for responding, I wouldnt be too worried if it was my money but my Nan would be REALLY happy to get £1300 from the bank.. I've emailed Wragge to see if they want to settle before court but havent heard anything back (suprised? - nope!)..

Will let you know what happens Friday (or, if they do offer before)..

Thanks again

C

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

Good news..

My Nan received a phone call from Wragge saying they are paying her back £1350 and it will be in her account within 24 hours!!! HURRAH!!!

I will phone Court at lunch and tell them BUT.. will be going to court if money not in bank!

I sent a 'nudge' email and that seems to have done the trick!

Well done C&D thqats fantastic, you and your Nan can chill a bit now. How annoying that they aleays leave it to the last minute:mad:

Brilliant, way to go. So waht are you gonna do this Friday instead;)

Best of luck Caza:D

Hi

Assuming the money goes into the account, I am going to sleep, sleep and sleep and maybe do a bit of shopping lol.

Thanks for your advice and help. I really appreciate it. (will let you know if dosh doesnt go in and we go to court to tell the judge!)

C

Don't forget the visit to the pub C&D to celebrate when the money goes into your nan's accounticon12.gif

Well done and fingers crossed for youicon7.gif

Mimi x

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

money went in this morning all sorted. Good luck with your claim (I emailed wragge the nudge letter and I think that did the trick.. might be worth a go if you havent tried it already..

xxxxx

Glad all is ok and they did actually put the money in. Your Nan must be so relieved, good for you for taking her case on. I might just try the nudge you never know.

It just goes to show what can be achieved. I know you were very worried about everything, as we all are and we all wonder wether we are doing the right thing, after all its so easy to give up and accept the offers that they make us and when the defence comes through the door, then it gets really scarey.

Well done you, and well done all of us for not giving in and for keeping on at them. What dosn't kill us only makes us stronger:D. I think we've all achieved so much that we never thought we would or could of. It's good for marale. Give your nan a big hug from me.

Keep in touch, I'll let you know how i get on

Caza

Thanks. I will keep an eye on your thread to see how it goes.. fingers crossed it will be over soon!

Hi All

Bored waiting for the postman to give me court date, and I know that it may take a couple of weeks to come through. In the meantime just posted and emailed Wragge a nice nudge letter hoping that may do the trick, the judge at my allocation hearing seemed very suprised that they had not offered me a settlement. Fingers crossed. Will let you know what happens.:cool:

Caza

Hi Caza,

I suspect Wragge will stall until just before a court date, you've got nothing to lose though. Have you also chased Bedford for a court date? NJC

No havn't chased them yet, it was only last week. I suppose I could give them a bell:D. Something else the Judge was suprised about was that I was only claiming the 8% interest on the charges, he said some people are claiming over 20%. Did send him a nice letter last Monday evening asking him, pretty please, if he would order full disclosure from A&L via Wraggle, as I forgot to mention it at the time. Never know do you. Nice to hear from you NJC, how are things with you??:D

Caza

Hi Caza, I'm great thanks. Relieved my claim is now settled. I am watching your claim as promised and hoping you get a result soon.

I would definitely chase this to keep the momentum going. WRT claiming more than 8%. I personally think circa 20% is pushing things a bit too far. I think 8% is a realistic figure, after all, it is still highter than you would get from a savings account. :rolleyes:

If your's does get to hearing, I would then consider filing for your additional expenses. Paper, ink, postage, time etc. I think some people have claimed almost £10 per hour. As you already know, this is certainly a time consuming exercise in preparation. NJC

Just been looking into "wasted costs" ... for a litigant in person (i.e. no solicitor) you can claim : £9.25 an hour preparation time and £6.75 per letter, plus any stationery. You have to keep your hours "realistic" though and the judges tend to cut these down in line with their own thoughts.

So, if you submit a claim for £350, you may get that amount or as little as £50, or nothing at all.

your claim

Thanks MimiJane, I knew it was almost £10 but couldn't remember the amount (£9.25).

If Wragge / A&L take it as far as court hearing, maybe their approach would be different if they knew they are likely to be hit with the extra costs. This could sway an early settlement, maybe?? I know that others have been successful in claiming these costs, therefore precedent has already been set. NJC

Hi All, which is the email addy used for wraggies? I emailed them from their website but didnt get a reply?? Any ideas?

Jenny xx

:)

Thanks MimiJane, I knew it was almost £10 but couldn't remember the amount (£9.25).

If Wragge / A&L take it as far as court hearing, maybe their approach would be different if they knew they are likely to be hit with the extra costs. This could sway an early settlement, maybe?? I know that others have been successful in claiming these costs, therefore precedent has already been set. NJC

firstnew.gif Wasted Costs From The Beginning!

found this thread - and also read that some judges have refused wasted costs - but lots of others have now received it .

I went through a bit of a wobble - when LLOyds cases were dodgy about settling for a bit less than my total - but now as some people have won including the S69 interest just before court hearing I am only going to do one negotiation for £100 less than total (to show court willing) "without prejudice" of course.

I will probably gain this back when they close my account and I take action on that as well.

I also would like email for wragges as I could only find a general one - not specific for the office I am dealing with.

bumpety bump

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE