Evri lost £300 returned amazon item - URcouk/Buyur Ltd,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm unable to get past Evri's chatbot on their website and the voice prompts on their contact number (0330 808 5456).

I returned a £300 item back to a third party Amazon seller (i.e. not sold by Amazon) in December 2022 and since then, there's been a back and forth exchange between myself and the seller, and myself and Amazon. 

To summarise the events:

1. Dec 2022 - I initiated a return and Amazon provided a QR code
  2. Dec 2022 - I took the parcel to an Evri parcel shop, printed off an Evri label using the QR code, stuck it on the parcel, the shopkeeper scanned and gave me the usual blue Evri receipt (which I still have in my possession)
  3. ***At this point the tracking number on the Parcel Shop receipt wasn't recognised on the Evri website***
  4. Jan 2023 - Amazon suggested waiting for 30 days before contacting third party seller
  5. Feb 2023 - Contacted seller who suggested I wait for the warehouse a backlog of returns
  6. Mar 2023 - Reinitiated contact with seller who confirmed that parcel was never received
  7. Apr 2023 - Seller insists that I should contact Evri, Amazon suggests the same
  8. Apr 2023 - Parcel Shop Receipt tracking number still isn't recognised on the Evri website
  9. Jun 2023 - Tracking number is now working but it's referencing a completely different parcel sent recently by someone else to a different retailer. I suspect that receipt numbers are recycled after a period of time.
  10. Jun 2023 - Long story short, the seller refuses to take responsibility for contacting Evri because Amazon supplied the label, and Amazon refuses to take responsibility because the tracking number is invalid

Questions... who is responsible for raising a missing items claim with Evri? Myself, Amazon or the third party seller? How do I contact Evri in order to speak to an actual person?

As of last week, I've initiated a claim via my Credit Card Issuer but that will take weeks. I'm also keen to take this to Court (if necessary).

Appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

just type in evri

100's of threads here to read. i suggest you read a good 20+..

IMHO going by my returns through amazon (35+) and their issuing of a pre-paid for return label? via the QRcode , as soon as the evri system has it, they issue a refund not awaiting the actual item. have you copied this receipt to amazon?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, maybe you like to tell us what the item is and what the value is

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate it.

@dx100uk thanks for the link. I did actually read a few posts but not 20+ :). Yes, I have sent the receipt to Amazon on three separate occasions.

@BankFodder it's a Network Mesh Router valued at £300.

I have returned items to Amazon on countless occasions but my situation is slightly different.

The item in question was not sold or dispatched by Amazon, it was sold and dispatched by a Third Party Seller, and as a result an automatic refund was not initiated.

In addition, the returns QR Code was supplied by Amazon.

The Seller and Amazon are refusing to contact Evri to raise a missing items claim..

the Seller says it's Amazon or my responsibility and Amazon just says I should deal with the Seller.

Plus, the parcel shop receipt never tracked.

As an aside, I have seen cases were an Amazon item (i.e. sold and dispatched by Amazon) was not auto-refunded until the item was received, which in most cases are "expensive" items.

Many thanks!

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri lost £300 returned amazon item -

What is the name of the seller? And address

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri lost £300 returned amazon item - URcouk/Buyur Ltd,

You can begin the claim against EVRi or against  URcouk .

I suggest that you begin the claim against  URcouk .

Of course they will say that it is down to Amazon but in fact is clear that you purchased from them. They operate a store on the Amazon website. They use the Amazon systems including their return systems as part of their selling operation and it would be disingenuous of them to try and distance themselves now and say that it wasn't them it was Amazon. It is clearly them and if they don't like it then they should disassociate from Amazon or insist that EVRi don't deliver their parcels.

If you are happy that this is the way to go forward then I suggest that you draft a letter of claim and post it up here for us to have a look.

Don't imagine that they are suddenly going to pay up on receipt of a letter of claim so you have to understand that you are not bluffing and you will bring a County Court claim. I rate your chances of success at much better than 90% but you are going to have to do be prepared to go all the way if necessary.