Oddfellow vs Abbey - 100% ish offer received

Odd Fellow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm up against Shabbey at the mo

I sent Abbey my documets etc, never received any defence from them. Not had any contact from Abbey at all...

I guess next they will try to settle out of court my hearing is soon.

I will want full settlement (charges, interest, court fees and my costs) cleared funds in my account before the court date.

Lets see what happends this week!

Egg are next on my hit list too!

Good luck ... stick to your guns

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

abso-bloody-lutly-fan-bloody-tastic. i nearly fell off my chair laughing at this thread as it has taken me a couple of hours to read and digest. the gin and the kid was the best. did the press ever take you up on it?????. i've asked abbey for statements got 14 months and a letter saying i need to pay for the rest. rang them last week and authorised a withdrawel from my account fot the mentioned 10.00. not come out of account yet though. a quick call tomorrow and well see what happens. hope abbey pay you in time for xmas...........or do i.............would love to see another warrent issued. it's a fantastic read. no really hope u get your money asap. i won with rbos last month just by 2 letters and 2 phone calls . its a wonderful feeling when they say to you," how would you like your money".

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

Hi Odd

My hearing date is the 9th Nov and as yet I have had no correspondance from Abbey's new lawyers and can't get a hold of their address to send them a copy of the documents I have submited to the court to support my claim. I am in Scotland and my local court has also tried to find an address for them with no sucess . I have also been on to Abbey who provided a telephone no for thier legal department but I have only been able to reach an answering machine using the no provided. Do you happen to have an address for them. The court informed me that they are called Ashurst. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

• 4 months later...

Isn't it amazing?

Back in September last year, I could barely get one media organisation to show any interest in my story of how I got the bailiffs into Abbey for just £30.00.

Seven months later and I get featured in 3 National Newspapers with old news.

Check the story in the annals of this thread or at Reclaim unlawful Bank Charges and Penalties - Andrew Banner's Experiences

Andy

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Excellent work Odd ;) i like this bit best...

edit....

and I really like your reclaim guide and faqs. Did you really only claim £400 !?!?! I thought it was thousands the length of time they dragged it out for you.

The total over the years, including interest, was about £1050. It was the £400 that made me start my war against Abbey. It had the chance to settle for £400 (aprox) last March. It chose not to and ended up with the Bailiffs, refunding just over a grand, additional legal expenses and bucket loads of negative publicity.

I PMed you about the possibility of putting a link to my site in one of the threads - you're probably too busy to read it! Also, I seem to have lost my signature and avatar and can't see where to set them on the system. Can you direct me?

Thanks

Odd

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.