Oddfellow vs Abbey - 100% ish offer received

Odd Fellow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Odd, which trainee have you got?

Only contact so far has been with Paul Denham. Dunno if he's a trainee or not.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently he's the one dealing with most of Abbey's cases (but not mine). My trainee seems to have disappeared but I just wondered if we had the same as they missed AQ deadlines. It really is a sad state of affairs.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

make sure you tell us when you are on working lunch, I love that programme

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Only contact so far has been with Paul Denham. Dunno if he's a trainee or not.

Hi OddFellow

Hes dealing with my financial claim too.

Posted the letters yesturday to DLA for DPA and sent them my AQ too. So we'll wait and see what their response is.

1 fight down 1 to go eh Oddfellow....the end is definitely in sight for you

LIP:D

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

Apparently he's the one dealing with most of Abbey's cases (but not mine). My trainee seems to have disappeared but I just wondered if we had the same as they missed AQ deadlines. It really is a sad state of affairs.

Mr Denham must be working very long hours.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

edit....

1 fight down 1 to go eh Oddfellow....the end is definitely in sight for you

LIP:D

You never know. I'm playing a hard game with Abbey, so I don't expect an easy win, but also I don't expect it to want to go to court either.

Now that AQs are filed (though I have no idea what their's says), I would expect a Allocation Hearing date to be set within the next 8 weeks. This should set a deadline for DLA to make futher settlement offers. However, once a date has been set, I'll start playing rougher.

Notice today that my refund claim has officially been allocated to the Small Claims Track and that my initial preliminary hearing will be at 2pm on 3rd November 2006.

Crikey, that's a long time away. Just think of the 8% interest that's racking up though. :D

just a bit extra to go towards the christmas prezzies then!!

good luckxx

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Notice today that my refund claim has officially been allocated to the Small Claims Track and that my initial preliminary hearing will be at 2pm on 3rd November 2006.

Crikey, that's a long time away. Just think of the 8% interest that's racking up though. :D

Odd, it will be here before you know it. Hang on in there..

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

No, I haven't asked for full disclosure.

My wording on the AQ is to the effect that:

Defendant has issued penalty charges that do not represent the true cost to the defendant and as such are punative and unlawful.

Should I write to the judge requesting that he consider full disclosure?

I notice that this is a preliminary hearing whereas my last court appearance for the DPA (more on this below) was for an Allocation Hearing. I guess the difference is that before DLA was pressing for a fast-track route and now it has agreed to a Small Claims Track.

The notice from the court reads

Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a prelininary hearing should take place because:-

special directions are needed in the claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person

I'm not sure if this is standard procedure or not? Perhaps he already has it in mind to order full disclosure or perhaps I'm just reading anything I want into the statement.

----------------------

Warrant against Abbey for DPA claim

Spoke to the court bailif on this today. He is in touch with the Yarmouth branch of Abbey who are co-operating, but apparently they can't deal with it at branch level. So a request for the £35.00 warrant fee has been put though to the higher ranks (sic) for a cheque.

Oh I am enjoying this. :D

Just Spoken to Paul Denham at DLA.

He's either VERY on the ball, able to type silently or has very little caseload. Another possibility is that he had the case in front of him and is preparing something....

Anyway, I gave him my name, told him that I am litigation with Abbey and I'd emailed last week to request a copy of the AQ and that I hadn't had it. I asked whether the claim number would help and he just reeled it off to me!

Just had DLA's AQ faxed through.

It has agreed to the claim being Small Claims and is suggesting that it will present an Expert's Report at the hearing.... This I've got to see.

The experts report will deal with WAIT FOR IT - WAIT FOR IT!

Analytical and forensic accounting examination of charges and comparison of charges within the industry

Please, all this laugher is too much. But it gets better - no really. In answer to the question:

Have you already obtained an expert's report? NO!

Ummmm. Surely the bank has a equation of how its charges are constructed? If it doesn't perhaps it just compares all its rivals and says, "Yep, well set that charge in line with Brat Best, that one in line with HIJK and that one with, ah, who's the most expensive?"

What a joke this is.

i fully agree.it's an absolute disgrace that they can manipulate the court system this way.flames7205 had an order sent to abbey from the judge telling them to produce the expert witness testimony within 14 days and they have replied saying they are unable to comply because they had not yet compiled it.the judge should haul the top man into court on contempt charges.that would stop all this abuse.i have today sent a very long email to my mp about the disgraceful way the banks are abusing the court system.

edit..... i have today sent a very long email to my mp about the disgraceful way the banks are abusing the court system.

For all the good it will do! (sorry, I'm a natural cynic) ;)

Analytical and forensic accounting examination of charges and comparison of charges within the industry.

Am I being a bit thick here. The judge had ordered the Abbey to detail the 'expert evidence' that they would be using in my trial by the 19th of September. A letter sent to the court on the 18th stated the above, which seems to have been detailed on your AQ oddfellow!

Is this classed as details of the 'expert evidence'. I actually expected to see what evidence they were going to produce. Is what they have stated sufficient. What do you think will happen next, a court date for the hearing?

Analytical and forensic accounting examination of charges and comparison of charges within the industry.

Am I being a bit thick here. The judge had ordered the Abbey to detail the 'expert evidence' that they would be using in my trial by the 19th of September. A letter sent to the court on the 18th stated the above, which seems to have been detailed on your AQ oddfellow!

Is this classed as details of the 'expert evidence'. I actually expected to see what evidence they were going to produce. Is what they have stated sufficient. What do you think will happen next, a court date for the hearing?

I'm afriad that I don't have the experience to answer that question.

What I suspect though is that this "expert" report/evidence will never see the light of day. If it existed and could be 100% relied upon to support the defence, nobody would be getting out of court settlement offers and we'd all be losing in court.

Given that this is yet to happen, it is my considered opinion that this is a load of ballcocks and simply serves to indicate to the court and the claimant, at least in the short term, that the bank intends to fiercely defend the claim (in the hope that it gets dropped).

Vi will be VERY interested to see if they come up with the goods Odds as I filed my AQ today and the deadline is 4pm, dont know whether Mr Denham aka Love God in Leeds, has filed his AQ yet. Are they obliged to give you a copy of their defence before the hearing date? what is the deadline for that? what happens if they dont? Sorry tobe so full of questions, but with so many people being offered 90 and 95% why arent we being offered the same, there seems to be no set formula in dealing with these cases at all

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

i expect the judges to start to get very annoyed at this failure to comply with a direction from the court.this is one of many with abbey where the have not done as the judge directed.flames 7205 thread the judge directed them to submit the evidence and they said they hadn't got it prepared AND THEN THEY SAID they would prefer not to submit it.keep your eye on that one.

i suspect the very reason why they do not have a rigid path that they follow is because they know we all share our experiences on this site (which they monitor) and they have decided that no one claim will be decided the same so we wont be able to second guess them.

Do the courts liaise between different areas of the country. Are there directives circulated (a bit like internal memos)? - I should know - I used to work for a magistrates court but I can't remember.:) Surely someone, somewhere should be questioning this as a result of an severely increased workload on the part of the court ??? J

Abbey: Settled - now for no. 2

Dudley Building Society : claim dismissed - no costs

London Scottish: settled in full :oops:

Capital One - settled in full :p

"Energy and persistence conquer all things" Benjamin Franklin

Any advice, information and thoughts given by me are just my humble opinion

I have a theory and it is only a theory, that the big banks have already had the forensic accountants it, they cannot make a case for the defence so they are faffing and prevaricating hoping that we will give up, I do not beleive that they have been sitting on their thumbs all this time and not tried to formulate some sort of decent defence. - This is just a theory mind and I suppose whenthe mercantile court finally sit to rule, IF they ever sit to rule on the cases that are going before them, then the precedent will be set one way or another

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Vi will be VERY interested to see if they come up with the goods Odds as I filed my AQ today and the deadline is 4pm, dont know whether Mr Denham aka Love God in Leeds, has filed his AQ yet. Are they obliged to give you a copy of their defence before the hearing date? what is the deadline for that? what happens if they dont? Sorry tobe so full of questions, but with so many people being offered 90 and 95% why arent we being offered the same, there seems to be no set formula in dealing with these cases at all

Failing to file an AQ on time simply gets you another 14 days to do the job that you should have already done. Whether Zeus (or perhaps Oberon is more appropraite?) has filed or not by the deadline is almost immaterial.

They are not obliged to provide a copy of the AQ to you, but it's good practice. You should get a copy of their defence though.

Perhaps Zeus monitors these forums and decides who's a trouble-maker and who isn't. Certainly, if he's spending all his time reading our comments, it would explain how he can manage to not file AQs etc on time.

I think the reason I've not had a 95% offer after my rejection of the 50% offer might have something to do with my rejection counter offer. I told them that if they wanted me to accept their "terms" then they'd have to pay me to do so. I don't think they liked the figure I put on it.

I have a theory and it is only a theory, that the big banks have already had the forensic accountants it, they cannot make a case for the defence so they are faffing and prevaricating hoping that we will give up, I do not beleive that they have been sitting on their thumbs all this time and not tried to formulate some sort of decent defence. - This is just a theory mind and I suppose whenthe mercantile court finally sit to rule, IF they ever sit to rule on the cases that are going before them, then the precedent will be set one way or another

I think you're bang on the money.

If any of these organisations had a credible defence, we'd have seen it by now.