Oddfellow vs Abbey - 100% ish offer received

Odd Fellow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Persoanlly i suspect that you would be on dodgy ground to refuse because they dont admit liability.

They have offered to settle and since there appear to be no detrimental or restrictive terms I dont see how you can fail to accept.

JMHO

Glenn

PS i would however ask for the £25 !!

PPS good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the offer of settlement is not the full amaount including up-to-date interest then you can reject or remind them that the offer is short of what I would expect the Judge to award me.

However reading the letters contents, they quote "..........heading of the letter and confirm that as soon as payment has been made, I will write to the court and withdraw the claim ..........". So they need to make payment first before you can withdraw your claim!?

Did you state how you want your claim settling ie: pay me by cheque to my home address or pay into my Abbey account?

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

look they have not paid, they do not settle to the last min, go to court and play it by ear. If they turn up tell them you want the extra £25 judge, then if you have settled ask for a Tomlin order, if they do not turn up, tell judge they have made an offer without prejudice that you do not accept, and you want Judgment in full.

Good luck at court Odd. I dont think they realise who they are messing with.

HeeHee.

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

Good luck at court Odd. I dont think they realise who they are messing with.

HeeHee.

LIP

The other way of looking at it is that I don't know enough about what I'm messing with.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

look they have not paid, they do not settle to the last min, go to court and play it by ear. If they turn up tell them you want the extra £25 judge, then if you have settled ask for a Tomlin order, if they do not turn up, tell judge they have made an offer without prejudice that you do not accept, and you want Judgment in full.

Watcha, Zoo.

Would be interested in a chat with you if you can spare a little time before the hearing. I don't have your number any more though.

Thanks

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Odds, Zoo is int he chat room if you havnt already chatted, good luck for today, we will all be on tenterhooks waiting for you :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Odd,

R u back yet. Dying to hear what happened.

LIP

ABBEY

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

OK Odd im now bursting to know what happened....please come and tell us!!

LIP:D

ABBEY

ODD......................we know youre there.....

(LOL @Lula):lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Odd hope you are OK.

LIP

ABBEY

He has probably spent the night in the cells in norwich for the audacity of asking them to admit liability!!! Hope he told the others about CAG while he is there ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Perhaps he's (drum roll and cue dramatic opening score of an action movie) "Lost In Court..........!" :rolleyes:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

The bugger is out celebrating !!!!!! :D

If only.

Well at least I hope that is the reason for his silence

There is. But I don't feel good about it.

Abbey didn't send anyone to court. They sent a slightly vitriolic letter saying that "despite them telling me that they are settling in full, I have stated that I intend to attend and that in light of their settlement, they won't" f*&%ing cheek.

The judge seemed well up on the whole situation of the banks taking this as far as they can and then settling and said something like, "we're changing the way we do things to try and get the banks to actually see one of these claims though". I get the impression that the judicial system is getting mightily pi$$ed off with this whole charade.

He did ask me whether they had closed my account. I said no, he said "that's their next trick". They're welcome to was my reply. I am not at all sure that anyone has challenged such a move by the banks in court as it's clearly a retailiatory action which is unlawful as well, I believe?

Anyway, I said that they had made an offer and as far as I was aware 1) they had not paid me, so it was not settled and 2) that I was unhappy with the terms of the settlement.

The judge was prepared to set an order for them to pay by a given date and began to work out the figure. I quickjly realised that his calculations were going to end up being about £100 less that the Abbey offer. I'm not sure how this happened and have been rather too 1) annoyed and 2) busy to look at it since.

I did say to him that I wanted to get judgement. He said that if they didn't pay by the due date on the order that judgement would be made. However, given that the order was for the 31st Nov, I couldn't see Abbey leaving it that long to pay up. Especially given that I successfully served a warrant on it last time and the HUGE risks involved.

At my request, he agreed to an adjournment.

I think the issue is the attribution of Interest on Interest - ie the 8% S.69 interest on the interest payments on the unlawful charges that I am reclaiming from ScrAbbey.

I have had two people say this isn't possible - I don't see why? If the charges themselves are unlawful, then the interest that I have paid on those unlawful charges must also be unlawful. Surely this isn't interest on interest, it's s.69 interest on further funds that ScrAbbey has obtained by unlawful means.

Can someone please put me right on this?

NOTE: None of my quotes in this post (save for Lula's) are verbatim

Yes.... and I would lend myself to agree with you ODD.

A figure, rather than an interest payment would have been better as I had my doubts when others were putting similar claims forward.... the risk as you've seen can upset the apple cart somewhat! :(

I have stuck to the 8% but if I have claimed any interest they have charged me I would do it as a sum then claim 8% on that (included in the above calcs, if that makes sense?)

At least you have a judgement and a Court Order with which to force shAbbey to pay you though! :D

P.S Thank god you're alive! ;)

At least you have a judgement and a Court Order with which to force shAbbey to pay you though! :D

P.S Thank god you're alive! ;)

Alive and spitting.

I don't have judgement or a court order. I have an adjournment - I needed time to make sure I could work out where the calculation error was.

PS. Thanks for all your concern.

Ooooops..... well 1 out of 19 wasn't bad! LOL :p

Well its only a short matter of time for a Court Order at the very least once you've checked your calcs. :D

Hi odds, (Huge sigh of relief, I was beginning to beleive that you were having an enforced sojourn at Her majesty's Pleasure!)

When I made my claim, I listed the interest charges by shAbbey and also applied the S69 interest to it, so I see no reason why not, why should you not claim back the interest on the money that they have taken from you, wether it be penalty charges or interest on the minus balance that these penalty charges leave you with?

Glad you are back dude XX

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Odd

If you havent seen it theres a thread where Zoot posts some interesting info about the reasons why we can claim interest its about unjust enrichment.

If you have seen it no worries if you havent ill see if i can find the link for you.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Ahhhhhh...........hes alive...hes alive..

Oh Odd, shABBEY are really taking the p*ss with us all.

This post is to give you some support :D :D . Go get the f**kers.

At least the judge seems to be sympathetic to you. shABBEY just want to see, what they want to see as full settlement they make me sick!!!

Stick to your guns...youre a brave brave man thats all i can say!!

LIP:grin: :grin:

ABBEY

ahh. Thanks guys for all the support.

Dunno about brave though, fool hardy is a term that I've occasionally heard used. :D

I've got to spend a little more time working out some figures and I'll be back soon.

I've got an Egg to fry (or perhaps that's crack) yet and a couple of other credit card companies who need taking down a peg or two.

Egg is my main aim right now as I feel that I have been misled by it's staff who then attempted to cover it up by "losing" a telephone recording and then miraculously finding it when I threateded it with the ICO. But then the recording proved my version of events and since then the matter has been with management. That was over six weeks ago.

So, there's some more fun and games to be had with other organisations too.

Abbey isn't quite finished yet though.....