Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So anyway it would seem somehow they got hold of an address for me, I am not sure if my parents gave it or not as its not actually totally correct but it still got here regardless (to Japan)! Anyway they are saying I have 10 days to pay the sum they are saying I am owed, or they will get their overseas affiliates after me! Overseas affiliates????

Basically I have a CCA ready to send to them but didn't get a chance before their letter turned up! Anyway they also said they have sent me numerous letters and phone calls etc. which I have no idea about as I have lived abroad since 2004! I am still waiting to hear back from Barclays as to whether this debt is real or not, and if they actually use this ****** company! And the 10 days they gavce me at Ruthbridge is already up! I dont work, so I dont have any money, I am looked after by my partner (they actually had his name on the letter to me as he is the mail recipient for us) but as we are not married he is not in anyway responsible for this so called debt! I will still send the CCA and see what I get back! They got their letter to me here on 3rd September and it was written on 26th August, so thats plenty of time for the 12 day deadline to get me the proof! Should I be worried about these oveseas afilliates!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Inasia2008,

Soory for not replying sooner, just couldn't stop laughing at their, Overseas affiliates. They always threaten to send people to UK addresses but they never seem to arrive. I think the chance of you getting an 'Oversea affiliate' arriving at yor doorstep are less than zero.

Send off your CCA request keep the pressue on them

Oversea Affiliate:D:D:D

Sorry just can't stop laughing!!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi so I just got my second letter from these idiots, even though I send them the CCA they did not send back any paperwork or a credit agreement or anything as proof, they just sent another letter with the same basic heading that I owe Barclays Bank this alleged amount and also threatening bankruptcy and stating that I would be told to attend a hearing and meet with an accountant to go through a statement of earnings/investment etc. and that I would be declared bankrupt and a notice would be put in the London Gazette and my local paper (good luck with the Japanese reading that then)! And the Inland Revenue and any other affiliates would be contacted to seize any monies of mine they have to pay off this and any other debts! The Inland Revenue? So they think they can take my pension etc.? I assume this is not legal? So anyway my partner told me to ignore them, next time I get a letter from them I am just going to return it unopened and state we are no longer at this address (I mean military do move around a lot after all)!!!!!

Hi,

More mindless threats, got to say they really are cheering me up with the nonsense they are sending you. Have a look through other threads to see how long they have to comply with your cca request before they, are in default, and then they commit an offence, which if you can be bothered you should report to trading standards etc. It also means the debt is in serious dispute and even if they were minded they would struggle at litigation.

regards

hi

recieved a letter from Ruthbridge limited this morning stating that i owed nearly £8000, from a vehicle that i voluntaralily surrendered back in 2003 as i had got myself into financial difficulties, ( Yes car credit was the company who i had the vehicle from and they advised me at the time that ifthe car wass surrendered then i did not have to worry about the debt ) and this is the first letter i have had regarding it since the vehicle was surrendered 5 years ago

Getting the letter worried me so i phoned them and spoke to the most charming unhelpfull person ever, who wouldnt let me speak and every time i did so, spoke over me, he threatened me with a home visit this friday to sieze my goods and then bankrupsy. He then said to me that it was people like me that had caused the credit crunch.

He would not let me speak to his manager or anybody that was in charge stating thet he was the manager.

I am extremely worried about them turning up on friday and clearing my house , what should i do

Hi Kal1969 and welcome to CAG,

Firstly relax, No-one is coming to your house this friday or any other day. I take it they forgot to tell you that to attend your house and clear out your possessions, they first need a to take you to court (the sort off odds associated with the lottery spring to mind), then they have to win the case (can't even begin to work out those odds), then you have to fail to pay any money the court instructed.

Also I take it you now realise how pointless it is speaking to these ignorant morons on the telephone.

First of all DO NOT TELEPHONE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Send them a CCA request to find out what happened and to see what charges they have applied, usually unlawfully.

If they telephone you, if they have your number, Don't go through any security, insist all communication is in writing only, then hang up, don't get involved talking to them, as you have found out it is pointless.

They will send more and more threatening letters, threatening everything from, ccj's, bankruptcy, baillifs to killing your cat.

This is typical b*llsh*t from Ruthbridge they are a joke. Hold your nerve and if worried or any further letters post back here for support and advice.

regards

thank you for your words of support, i didnt know what else to do as the moron on the other end of the phone even accused me of being my ex next door neighbour.

Mr Blair, ( i beleive his name to be ) would obviously benefit from learning some people skills and customer services even a bit of empathy wouldnt go amiss ( thats, is you can get a word in between his threats),

After reading a lot of the posts on here it seems that to get employed by ruthbrige ltd you must possess the following critera, lack of communication, no empathy and also to be an obnoxiouis t***t.

letter now on its way to them requesting CCA sent by special delivery

will keep you posted

To be employed by Ruthbridge is conditional on having no skills whatsoever and to be a telephone tough guy. These cowards wouldn't dare behave the way they do to peoples faces.

any problems post back, there is lots of support and knowledge on this site.

regards

Hi confused and welcome to CAG.

First thing to do is calm down. These people have no legal powers and the letter you have received will be a standard template letter. It is designed to frighten you but is usually just full of absolute rubbish.

You need to start a thread of your own in order to receive the appropriate help and advice as your posts will get lost in this thread. If you don't know how to do this have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Confused,

As Rory says first thing to do is calm down, it may help to do a search on this site on Ruthbridge and you will see that they are just full of Sh*t. Do not telephone them, they will threaten you with all kinds and be very abusive.

Start you own thread and you will get all the advice and support you need. If any problems post back here for support.

regards

Hi Rory,

Thankyou for advice,but have already called them this morning as soon as i recieved this really nasty letter,i had a really big panic and thought it was the correct thing to do i have posted my problem i'm new to all this so hoping i've dne it right??

Thankyou once again

I've posted on your thread and asked for it to be moved to a more appropriate forum. Just try to calm down. You'll receive lots of help and advice and wil be soon wondering why you were the least bit worried about these vultures.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Confused.

Do like I suggested and also Rory, and try to stop yourself getting worked up over this. These morons read these forums and it will give them great pleasure to know the have some-one rattled.

I know it easy for me to say, but try not to take these letters seriously, they are not personal they are computer generated desiged to have the effect they are having on you.

I personally have had the whole raft of threatening letters from Ruthbridge, everything from going to make me bankrupt, the boys coming round to take all my possessions, to threatening to kill my cat, and do you know what happened after I ignored them all? Nothing, not a dickie bird.

They are one of the **** suckers from the bottom of the food chain, most of 'their cases' are usually statute barred, or ones other companies have tried and failed with.

So please try and hold your nerve, DO NOT TELEPHONE THEM EVER AGAIN.

Any further problems, post back for advice and support

regards

hi all

just a quick update on my problem with the wonderful people at ruthbridge. I went and saw a solicitor yesterday who is going to write to them to tell them to lay off. Also waiting with baited breath to see if they turn up which i know now they wont but hey ho thats them full of scare tactics and bullying tactics. I know now why mr blair put the phone down on me when i made that initial call the other day in rep[ly to his letter thus refusing to speak to me or my partner any more, stating before he went that he would see me friday, could it be that we stuck up for ourselfs and actually told him what a low life he was . as he said to me its people like you thats caused the credit crunch, and my reply to that was well if that is the case then if it wasnt for people like me then **** like you would most likely be unemployed

ooh i do hope that you are reading this mr blair

No, it's people like us who are a result of overlending by greedy bankers looking for a fast buck.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi Kal,

I'm glad you are starting to feel better about all of this, I don't know why you engaged a solicitor in this matter,

1 It may cost you money

2 The sh*ts at Ruthbridge might think you have money if you can afford to engage a solicitor.

There is a good cease, desist and F*ck off letter within the templates that costs nothing, and will probably be better than your solicitor sends.

I bet they still have'nt appeared, cutting it a bit fine, don't you think.

regards

Edited by letshelp
forgot sarcasm

Today we recived a letter addressed to the occupier from a firm called Express Delivery. asking us to contact them urgent Quoting Reference No: ********/** which i did. thay asked for my name so i gave them a false one and then thay asked for my son by name i told them thay must have the wrong address and then he called me a lier and put the phone down as i put 141 before there number thay could not get my number but 5 mins later thay rang back saying that they were sending the baliffs in on friday thay would not take no for an answer that my son is not living here

so if you get a letter from Express Delivery dont ring them its Ruthbridge limited

• 2 weeks later...

The libel action has nothing to do with ruthbridge - i have reported your post as potentially libellous.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 4 weeks later...

hi new to this forum but must say it's really helpfull and yes i 'am dealing with ruthbridge limited over a car i brought from yes car credit 5 years ago, the car was wriiten off by my next door neighbour but because he claimed on his insurance i couldnt claim on mine he had a full pay out but refused to pay the finance on the car, the car was scrapped as write off but they still want me to pay £6500 for a car i no longer have.

like most of you i have horrible dealing with ruthbridge just out of interest after my account number there is EL which stand for one of there employee who i have spoken to a few time everytime in tears and still i get the same abuse from him "full payment needed" he even told me to sell everything i owned as he was coming in 7 days to collect the full amount i was really scared as i'am on 22 and got into alot of debt when my mum died at 16 and i had to live on my own,

the worse i got from them is they were taking my children stuff, games console which was 2 weeks old as it was my daughter birthday presents, also there bed etc.. they said they take everything they can sell, he then said he would report me to social services as once they take everything i would be seen as an unfit parent because i would have anything for my children to sleep in etc.. i was in tears...

but my aunt went with me to police station i try taking my neighbour through civil court to get some money for the car but he refused and they said he was in his right to claim on his insurance and he didnt have to pay me a penny ,its alright for him driving round in a brand new car from his pay out al i got was a smashed up vechicle!!

Anyone a police officer phoned ruthbridge for me as he saw how upset i was and said how rude they were and even said to the bloke on the phone that he couldnt say what he did they have to applie top court before visting you which can take 28 day and if they turn up open a window to speak to them not the door as once they put there feet in your doorway they can entre the property but if you refuse to let them in they have to ask for a police officer to attend then you must let them in but only if theyhave police with them, the police officer told me they have to applie for police to come which can take another 28 days

i have since agreed a payment plan with ruthbridge but phoned them this morning to ask to lower it as i could no longer afford what they wanted as i have to put my children in private childcare so i can return to work, the lady i spoke to was very polite explained what i needed to do and put my accounton hold intil i have a letter back from them, i have found if i dont quote those letters when i call they dont put me thou to the bloke who rude and who make me cry all the time

good luck to everyone dealing with them