Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Talk of threats from these clowns, i'm being chased for a st barred account and they dont even know where I live, yet i've been getting messages on my mobile (the same no i've had for 10yrs so they got one thing right yet see below)the latest threat contains the following :-

A) They have court dates for me and I must call them to get the dates in order to appear.

:eek:

B) If I dont call them for these ficticious court dates then a warrant will be issued for my arrest when I dont appear.

:eek::eek:

C) It is a crimnal offence not to appear at this court hearing.

:eek::eek::eek:

D) They obtained this mobile number from the mobile company (I work for one, I know that wouldnt happen let alone it be legal)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh my goodness me. I have never heard so much rubbish in my life.

Should I save this message to be used against them, surely lying like this is a breach of some sort of code?

Hi Oscar,

Yes definately save this message, you seem smart enough to know that they are just spouting complete rubbish.

The rubbish they come out with never fails to amaze me, gives me a real good laugh though.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi I'm hoping people can give me some hope.

8 years ago I brought a car on finance through a garage and using their finance company that at the time was the associates.

To cut a long story short the car was a lemon and I refused to pay for it and demanded they took it back within the 1st 14 days I had it.

They eventually collected it after it had sat on my drive for 6 months.

I have gone backwards and forwards through various collection agencies since then. I sought advice from CAB in 2005 and was told as the credit company couldn't provide copies of paperwork it was unenforcable and to ignore any more threats. I have done so and then 10days ago I recieved an letter addressed to the occupier of the property. Followed by one addressed to myself from Ruthbridge LTD. I contacted them to explain that I had recieved advise and was not accepting this debt. I was treated like a complete idiot and told that just phoning them was admitance of the debt. They also quoted that I had made a token payment to one company in 2005 and therefore was admiting it and moving the statute of limitations. I ended up hanging up on this man as he was patronising and making me angry. Afterwards I added dates etc and worked out that there was no possible way I made payments in 2005 as I haven't made any since moving to this address and that was 2004. He then phoned back on my mobile the following day asking if I'd changed my mind, I hung up on him.

I have today recieved a letter threatening to comence bancruptcy unless i pay a settlement figure in full within 3 wks. What can I do?

Hi I'm hoping people can give me some hope.

8 years ago I brought a car on finance through a garage and using their finance company that at the time was the associates.

To cut a long story short the car was a lemon and I refused to pay for it and demanded they took it back within the 1st 14 days I had it.

They eventually collected it after it had sat on my drive for 6 months.

I have gone backwards and forwards through various collection agencies since then. I sought advice from CAB in 2005 and was told as the credit company couldn't provide copies of paperwork it was unenforcable and to ignore any more threats. I have done so and then 10days ago I recieved an letter addressed to the occupier of the property. Followed by one addressed to myself from Ruthbridge LTD. I contacted them to explain that I had recieved advise and was not accepting this debt. I was treated like a complete idiot and told that just phoning them was admitance of the debt. They also quoted that I had made a token payment to one company in 2005 and therefore was admiting it and moving the statute of limitations. I ended up hanging up on this man as he was patronising and making me angry. Afterwards I added dates etc and worked out that there was no possible way I made payments in 2005 as I haven't made any since moving to this address and that was 2004. He then phoned back on my mobile the following day asking if I'd changed my mind, I hung up on him.

I have today recieved a letter threatening to comence bancruptcy unless i pay a settlement figure in full within 3 wks. What can I do?

They are trying the same thing on with me, My debt is from 2002 so is statue barred, but they say they are not accepting it as i have made a token payment less than 6 years ago. This is complete B*****t, as i have never acknowledged this debt or made a payment since 2002.

I spoke to them the first time they called (I did not know better) it was just some arrogant guy saying i have this debt, and said that they are going to make me bankrupt, he asked my profession, and i said student and i have no money and no way of paying this debt, which i do not even think is mine. He said that you have had plenty of warnings and bankruptcy proceedings will commence in 7 days. So 7 days went by, nothing then i get another phonecall which went to my answerphone, which said they time is up and we are going to make you bankrupt now. I was furious and called back and got into an argument with the guy on the phone (I have posted about this in a previous thread~). I was saying that i do not acknowledge this debt, and he was saying rubbish "How's the course going?" in a sarcastic voice, i said fine not that it has anything to do with you. I even asked him when was the last payment of this aleged debt? 2002 he says :?). Well i say that if it is over 6 years ago then you have no legal right to be harrasing me on the phone for a debt that is unenforcable in court, for which he comes up with "we have recieved a Token Payment less than 6 years ago so it is enforcable and we will be comencing legal proceedings" also saying that i acknowledged the debt in the last call and they have the recordings. I did not acknowledge the debt, i just listened to what he had to say, and when asked how i was going to pay this i said that i won't as i have no money and have no memory of ever owing money to them or Egg which is the original creditor.

So to cut it short, they are just ****it merchants. this is over 2 weeks ago now and i have heard nothing, despite sending a "do not acknowledge this debt" letter. I would not worry about Ruthbridge, or their threats about recording calls to acknowledge debts and message board posts, which the guy actually said that they would be using in a case against me : ).

They're just trying to spook you - don't let em!

Re the alleged payment and the agreement - you need a 'prove it' letter methinks - someone should be able to give you a good pointer on that soon. Are they chasing the full amount or what?

...and just in case...

Re the original prolem - Sale of Goods Act would cover the sale of the car - item must be fit for purpose etc. So:

Q1. Is the garage still trading?

Q2. What was the relationship between garage and finance firms?

Q3. Who was the finance firm?

My hunch is that if they collected the car without any kind of repo order then they have acknowledged the account to be in dispute at that point. Passing disputed accounts around is a bit naughty.

Just to note that when finance is tied to a transaction under SOGA then if you return the goods (or try to return the goods) in compliance with SOGA then the finance agreement should fall and the finance co should talk to the dealer.

Had a similar problem with a £10k heating system and ended up hiring a good sol for £200 to sort it all out. Got the £200 back though!...and some!

Hi Hard Up & JackFrost,

Read the whole of this thread to see ow pointless any letter from Ruthbridge really is. Ignore them completely and get on with your life safe in the knowledge that no matter what they threaten nothing will come of it.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, this is my first post. I think my questions have been answered from reading through this thread, but just wanted to check.

I have received a letter from Ruthbridge Limited saying that I owe money and that if I don't pay within 7 days they are going to come round and take all my stuff.

About a year ago I recieved a similar letter from ECI Debt Collectors - (Both companies client refs match, so its the same debt) - according to ECI it relates to a Barclaycard from about 6 years ago to the amount of £1,109 (Ruthbridge are saying £1,218), now I have never had any kind of credit card so this debt is not mine. I spoke to them and disputed the debt, and wrote them a letter asking for evidence etc, they said they would investigate and call off all actions - in fairness they were perfectly nice about the whole thing.

I checked my credit rating and it showed no record of this, I phoned Barclaycard and they have no record of me, I reported it to the police.

I heard nothing back from ECI. Now I get this from Ruthbridge!

Shall I just send them the standard letter for disputing the debt? And if so, where can I find the best template?

Thanks for your advice, sorry for the long post!

Edited by Harrypalmer

Please report them and ECI to the OFT and also email this guy directly - Gareth Thomas MP: Home - He is Undersecretary Of State for Trade And Consumer Affairs.....amazing that these alleged debts just get thrown around....despite your obvious dispute to ECI, they did NOTHING and passed it on and have provided NO details of any dispute to Ruthbridge, a really shoddy and unprofessional way to conduct business and against the OFT's guidelines.....be wary of a letter entitled EXPRESS DELIVERY.....which is an attempt by Ruthbridge to get you to phone them....you'll notice it by the Twickenham postcode at the bottom...!!!

I would write to Ruthbridge and ECI (recorded) how may more times is this debt going to be passed around ? I'd also consider legal action if this continues too..

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE .

This is a clear breach of CPUTR2008 in line with the OFT collection guidelines.

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

I will also categorically state that I have NEVER used a Barclaycard.

What I require.

1 - Your official complaints procedures, which I understand as holders of an OFT licence you are obliged to have.

2 - A letter of apology for the upset and inconvenience you have cased myself and my family.

3 - Confirmation that you have not placed any adverse information on my credit files.

4 - Confirmation that you have deleted all personal information with regard to my data.

If I do not receive your official complaints procedures within 14 days, I will have no hesitation in reporting both you and ECI to the Office Of Fair Trading, The Financial Ombudsman Service, Trading Standards and my local MP. This will surely bring into question your suitability to hold a licence.

I expect your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully

ECI state this on their website - "As a professional debt collection agency, our services are designed to give you confidence in your transactions, with the secure knowledge and assurance that you have the full back up and expertise of a Company licensed by the Office of Fair Trading"

• Haha 1

Licence Number:0590599

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberCredit Ancillary Services Limited4239825

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Credit Ancillary Services ECI ECI Highland Associates ECI Management Services ECI Revenue Receivables Management

Issued Date: 07-Oct-2006

Expiry Date: 06-Oct-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionPhillip MooreOFFICERWesley MulliganOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceSt Andrews House, St Andrews Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 4LXPrincipal Place Of Business67-69, Maple Road, SURBITON, Surrey, KT6 4AGRegistered OfficeEquity House, Ettington Road, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, CV35 9GA

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressRegistered Office67-69, Maple Road, SURBITON, Surrey, KT6 4AG, United Kingdom

Hi all, this is my first post. I think my questions have been answered from reading through this thread, but just wanted to check.

I have received a letter from Ruthbridge Limited saying that I owe money and that if I don't pay within 7 days they are going to come round and take all my stuff.

About a year ago I recieved a similar letter from ECI Debt Collectors - (Both companies client refs match, so its the same debt) - according to ECI it relates to a Barclaycard from about 6 years ago to the amount of £1,109 (Ruthbridge are saying £1,218), now I have never had any kind of credit card so this debt is not mine. I spoke to them and disputed the debt, and wrote them a letter asking for evidence etc, they said they would investigate and call off all actions - in fairness they were perfectly nice about the whole thing.

I checked my credit rating and it showed no record of this, I phoned Barclaycard and they have no record of me, I reported it to the police.

I heard nothing back from ECI. Now I get this from Ruthbridge!

Shall I just send them the standard letter for disputing the debt? And if so, where can I find the best template?

Thanks for your advice, sorry for the long post!

----------

Hi all, I posted this a few days ago, and following the advice of 42man I sent them and ECI (Credit Ancillary Services) a letter disputing the debt (again), using 42man's template, and asking for evidence and complaints procedures etc, and demanding that ECI explain the situation.

Yesterday I received another letter from Ruthbridge saying that it is ESSENTIAL that I phone them to discuss the matters I have raised. Now, I am not going to phone them as I have heard they can be extremely threatening on the phone, so I want to send them a reply saying basically you have my requests on file, please conduct all communication via post. Is this the way to go?

Many thanks.

Spot on HP !! However I would phone them if you can RECORD the calls !! You will also notice how they never respond directly to your letters either !! PLEASE report them to the OFT....