About the OFT (not so) impending report - PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU'RE WORRIED

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mark - ML has a lot to be congratulated for but there has been a considerable amount of hot air over the past few days. We're in an arena where knowledge and fact are king. This is no place for innacurate or mis-leading reporting.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read his site he doesn't say its your last chance before april

wha the says its your last chance to do it without it going to court.

Which is just as inaccurate. The banks will be no more wanting to go to court after than before, and will have no better chances to win after than before.

the mistake he is making is that they won't pay you back all of it unless you actually take them to court ( not that you can get the case heard) all he is doing IMHO is telling those that the court scares to do it quickly unless you are prepared to go to court.

And in so doing, he is short-changing those who believe that the magic purse is about to close (it's not), encouraging people to settle for less than what they're owed (they shouldn't), and in effect minimising the banks' liability, which is nothing short of a disgrace.

What he SHOULD be doing is directing them here like he use to

Couldn't agree more. ;-)

Mark - ML has a lot to be congratulated for but there has been a considerable amount of hot air over the past few days. We're in an arena where knowledge and fact are king. This is no place for innacurate or mis-leading reporting.

Hear hear.

(emphasis mine)

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Phoenix - whilst I love a good gag Martin is in the process of creating a monster (along with all the other so-called consumer campaigns in the broadsheets)
Ummm...I am appalled at what he is doing, and whilst I may gag about Marty Warty you will see elsewhere what my view is on his celeb-obsessed behaviour...

I was speaking to a contact at my local county court last thursday and over 100 cases got thrown out on that day alone. With an average fee being £100 that's £10k in lost court fees and I'm sure that story is the same in court houses across the land.
Are you sure they got thrown out...? I do find that hard to believe...

Have you actually seen the letters people are suggesting you download and send? They are laughable at best.
Ummm...yup...they are rubbish, and not only that they are plagiarised from here...a lot of people have gone to a lot of effort (including me) to ensure that the CAG letters address the salient points in a logical fashion...ummm...Bookie...back me up here, for old times sake if for no other reason...:sad:

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I was speaking to a contact at my local county court last thursday and over 100 cases got thrown out on that day alone. With an average fee being £100 that's £10k in lost court fees and I'm sure that story is the same in court houses across the land.

There were just one or two claims rejected, and they had the chance to put the claims right.

speak to hagen about it... ;)

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

A thought strikes my minor brain cell. Those of us who watched the programme saw countless errors in both fact and presentation. Why don't we, as a group of individuals, all make complaints to the broadcasting standards people about the errors? Can we do that?

Bookie...back me up here, for old times sake if for no other reason...:sad:

I'll back you up, and not for old times sake either, there's no need.

I didn't start this thread as a Martin bashing, merely to allay people's fears. I wrote my post (and incidentally, I have had more thanks for this post than any other I have written in the one year I have been on this forum) because I could see people panicking.

The current templates we have have been written, re-written and honed, they have gone through many incarnations to get to the one you can download now. We have adapted them as the banks developed new techniques to thwart us. We are convinced that these templates are right, with the right deadlines, based on the CPR guidelines and current law. If tomorrow, we find a new and better argument, we'll change them again. What we can not afford to be is complacent, ever.

Mark, this thread is not -surprisingly, and despite what some might think, few things actually are- about Martin. It's about doing what we have always done: trying to help people getting their money back lawfully, rightfully and with as little problems as possible. And that means by giving them the right information in the first place. :-)

I'll back you up, and not for old times sake either, there's no need.
:) :) :)

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Are you sure they got thrown out...? I do find that hard to believe...

Yep, I heard it from the horse's mouth. These were cases where no schedules had been attached, instead claimants had attached copy statements. The court is pushed as it is and had no time to process all that paperwork. Clearly these people had not been on the CAG!!!

DevonShrimper - whilst I like your style I don't know what good it would do. We are mis-led by the press and TV every day of the year. I remember Walter Merricks (the Chief Ombudsman) talking on Watchdog telling people not to seek professional advice when claiming for mis-sold endowments because there was a "perfectly good claims process put in place by the FSA".

If you had spoken to half the people I have over the years who had tried and failed you would know he was simply towing the party line. If he can do it on national TV, anyone can.

HSBCrusher - are we talking about the same court? Seeing that I regularly get on my high-horse about poor information I feel obliged to re-qualify my statement. I will post tomorrow. How would I find Hagen? I haven't quite got to grips with how to contact people directly yet, thanks.

Top right hand corner, private messages. click on that. left hand side, "compose message". start typing name of person you want to pm, a dropdown menu will appear. HagenUK is the one you want. type message. send. ;-)

HSBCrusher - are we talking about the same court? Seeing that I regularly get on my high-horse about poor information I feel obliged to re-qualify my statement. I will post tomorrow. How would I find Hagen? I haven't quite got to grips with how to contact people directly yet, thanks.
High horse...horse's mouth...the claims will more than likely have been sent back and the claimants asked to resubmit...with an attached schedule...

It is interesting to note that Party Marty doesn't focus on the requirements of a claim, and a particularised schedule is something that CAG has been recommending for the last six months...

...also, we do suggest that when people submit a claim, in person, at court, that they discuss the paperwork with the court "secretary" just to ensure that everything has been included...

...going back to the "thrown out" cases - if the claims were raised via MCOL it is hard to attach a schedule...again, another benefit of raising your claim in person. If nothing else it gives you the opportunity to go and visit a courtroom, have a good look round, maybe sit in on a hearing...it is a great experience...

What a cheeky plucker - Dave, see if Tarty Marty has copied your code to create this:

calculato.jpg

Please dont get me wrong I just found it a bit annoying that the thread started to get a bit martin bashing. I allways point people to both this and martins site

I even give people copys of the template for the sars and tell them this is the start and go to this site to carry on

but from martin i gained lots of other stuff , yes he is annoying to watch and listen to but he is comming form the right side ( thats our side not big buisness) and thats refreshing to see on radio and tv

so what can we do about it?

well simple put him right have you all been to his site and told him what you think of info if you actually read the stuff you will see an option to let him know

now if we all put him right do you think he will ignore us?

I dont think so

and we might get some proper info put out as bookworm has been doing for as long as i have used this site

Tesco Personal Finance Due to File in Court 03/04/07

Barclays 13/03/07 Paid in full £1998.78 :D

MBNA 10/10/06 Paid in full £1507.69 (inc 751.69 intrest):D

And to really rub salt into the wound:

Other Bank Charge Websites. There are a number of small free websites dedicated to reclaiming unfair charges and helping consumers. The ConsumerActionGroup is a focused web forum based purely around reclaiming charges; it’s run by a group of people who took on the banks in the very early stages.

I seem to remember that this whole bank charges campaign kicked off with a very large article by Dave on MSE - Martin even went so far as to say "usually I do my own write ups, but this time I am handing the reins over to someone who is better informed..."

C'est la vie...

well simple put him right have you all been to his site and told him what you think of info

Yes. I specifically pointed out that his templates timelines do not comply with CPR.

if we all put him right do you think he will ignore us?

Yes.

The reply was that his guide was not aimed at the "dedicated bank activist" (that would be me, then :lol:), and that he wouldn't answer any more on that thread.

and we might get some proper info put out as bookworm has been doing for as long as i have used this site

Why, thank you, Marc, kind of you to say so! ;-)

Dearie me...this had slipped to page 2 :o:razz:

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Does any one know the OFT head office address as I have tried all rouutes through RBS since mar 06 and have been completely ignored went to the ombudsman in Nov 06 and still nothing. I now want to copy John Fingleton on all my correspondence as this bad customer service is unfair trading and I believe I should be compensated for this along with the charges. Vicki

Bookie, wonder whether you think this ought to be made sticky?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Does any one know the OFT head office address as I have tried all rouutes through RBS since mar 06 and have been completely ignored went to the ombudsman in Nov 06 and still nothing. I now want to copy John Fingleton on all my correspondence as this bad customer service is unfair trading and I believe I should be compensated for this along with the charges. Vicki

IMHO The best person to deal with at OFT is

Jennifer Slocombe

Consumer Protection Enforcement Group

Office of Fair Trading

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

e-mail: jennifer.slocombe@oft.gsi.gov.uk

Direct line: 020 7211 5823

But I would'nt mention my name if I were you. I'm not exactly on her

Christmas card list at the mo.

Thanks, Kimmy.

Don't want to sticky it, as there already are too many stickies up there and it will not get seen as much. So if people keep on bumping it, there's a better chance of it being viewed by more.

Bookie, wonder whether you think this ought to be made sticky?

See above. ;-)

But I might sticky it next week, once the furore has died down a bit. In the meantime, please bump as necessary. :-)