About the OFT (not so) impending report - PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU'RE WORRIED

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

*** Bump ***:(

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump Again!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Yay! I'm like a little kid, keep nagging and ya get your own way!

Not in my day mind you, but certainly true of the little "darlings" these days!40yr old mode>

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Not in my day mind you, but certainly true of the little "darlings" these days!40yr old mode>
...meaning...???...what exactly...???...are you being ageist towards me and Bookie?

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Funny, I posted a similar thing to this over at MSE in a vain attempt to help people and stem the flow of people cocking up - and guess what?

The post got moved within minutes - and buried!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I must say the "linear" arrangement on MSE is driving me nuts, but that's me...
Yup - you are nuts...:cool:

I have read and reread all I can find on this issue and if the banks only decides to pay back a certain amount after the OFT reconmendation ( its not law by the way) then the banks STILL have to prove that what they charge is a fair price , and we all know that not only will they not do so , they will spend 6months of your time trying to get you to stop.

We know they dont want a ruling on this issue and untill it starts to hurt them ( not any time soon although a few prides are bieng dented) will they ever got to court and fight for it

Tesco Personal Finance Due to File in Court 03/04/07

Barclays 13/03/07 Paid in full £1998.78 :D

MBNA 10/10/06 Paid in full £1507.69 (inc 751.69 intrest):D

@Dave - me and BW were kinda going in with a "two-pronged" approach against ML's poor advice, until he spat his dummy out and said he wasn't going to reply on the thread anymore! made me chuckle, I don't know about BW!

--

...meaning...???...what exactly...???...are you being ageist towards me and Bookie?

Not at all...honest guv!

--

Im not worried as I read an artidcle in NoW 4th March and a OFT spokesman said the new report /statement was to cap Bank charges officially like they did last year with Credit Cards.

Milly

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

@Dave - me and BW were kinda going in with a "two-pronged" approach against ML's poor advice, until he spat his dummy out and said he wasn't going to reply on the thread anymore! made me chuckle, I don't know about BW!

just shows he doesnt really know what he is talking about.

I must say that reading this has givin me a push to go for it even more. I am at the bit where i have to start court proceedings, and it is quite scary. Im scared incase i put the wrong information on the form or i do something that looks like i dont know what im talking about.

Having read all of this from start to finish......BUMP!!!:D

Does anyone know when the OFT are due to make their ruling? For some reason I had todays date in the back of my mind. I figure I must be wrong because otherwise I think there would be a few more people talking about it on the site. April 1st would be a good alternative, shame it's a sunday really...

Guest NATTIE

I want to reiterate that the OFT do NOT make the law framework in the UK, they do not pass any LAWS that are binding on the general public. The OFT will say something to the effect that the charge for x or y will be this amount because any higher they would actually do something. Now, here is the clever bit, unless the bank can justify even £12 as being the actual cost involved, which the bbc suggested at £4.50 max, then the law remains the same and the process continues. Just remember that because of the OFT on credit cards, people have not just accepted charges minus £12, they have battled on and won 100% of their money back.

If there was a Bill going through Parliament amending the UTTCR then i would be more worried but the OFT do not make laws.

Thanks, Nattie... Now, if you feel like having a real battle, go and shout on MSE... Because I'm giving up now. I can only hope that people won't just stay there and swallow that line whole and lose money because of it. The ones who come here can be set straight, but the voices of the people spreading the misinformation are drowning us there. :-|

Thanks, Nattie... Now, if you feel like having a real battle, go and shout on MSE... Because I'm giving up now. I can only hope that people won't just stay there and swallow that line whole and lose money because of it. The ones who come here can be set straight, but the voices of the people spreading the misinformation are drowning us there. :-|
Perhaps a "Have you come here from MSE" thread in the welcome forum might be a good idea...just to set people straight before they begin...:razz: