Brooksdad v Woolwich

hughes690
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So . . . LBA after 14 days (inc Schedule of charges (without interest)) - a copy of which I sent with Prelim Letter? I will have copy on file. :rolleyes:

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

Still no response from DCA (even tho they cashed £1.00 cheque). What response can I expect from DCA. Do I stop or continue paying my monthly 'fee' of £30.00 to them? :mad:

Link:

FAQ

Need to know what response to expect from DCA. Remember, they bought my Woolwich Current Account debt, £6,000-odd, mostly all unfair charges, plus Woolwich Personal Loan A/c (£1,000-odd). I pay DCA £30.00 pm (they want an increase in payment: I'm under pressure) - do I continue to pay, or not? Letter to DCA saying both A/cs 'in dispute' sent by me 19 Jan 07. :mad:

Link:

FAQ

They have 12 working days to respond to your request after that they are in default and cannot enforce the agreement,so you could stop the payments, thay also cannot add any penalties or interest to the account. If they continue for a further month to fail to supply you with a copy of the the original executed agreement, then they commit an offence.

And to get it enforced they would need to go to court. But as they have commmitted a serious offence they would have to explain to the judge as to why they have failed to supply the agreement you were entitled to under the Consumer Crdit Act.

AL;)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Thanks AL - Not so long to wait, then. February 6th is my 'reply by' date. :rolleyes:

Link:

FAQ

Received today (27 Jan 07) letter from DCA solicitors, whom I have always dealt with (Heatons llb) aka Equidebt. Received your notice of 'debt in dispute - awaiting instructions from Equidebt - will contact you again to discuss this matter once we have had their response.'

Does this sound in order? :(

Link:

FAQ

Cor - Off to Costa Del Sol today for a 4-day break (It'll pass the time waiting for my bank's response, due next Friday). 8)

Link:

FAQ

Just got home - Nothing new in post from Woolwich or DCA. Friday still the deadline for responses. :cool:

Link:

FAQ

Friday mailman has been and gone - nothing! Intend to send (Registered) my LBA + Schedule tomorrow (Sat 3 Feb). Both are prepared and in Envelope. Will take to PO first thing - I want Woolwich to receive Monday.

8-)

Link:

FAQ

:mad: Postie has been and, lo, a letter from Woolwich. Oh the disappointment - a blah, blah one!

'In view of the complex nature of the issue raised your complaint has been ESCALATED to Head Office Customer Relations Unit.' (Brilliant I say!)

'All of the relevant documentation has been forwarded for their attention and they will contact you directly on completion of their review.'

I like the last paragraph of her letter:

'If I do not hear from you within eight weeks from the date of this letter (1 Feb 07) I will close my complaint file' (?????)

WHAT???

I posted off (Recorded Delivery) my LBA with Schedule of charges today (Sat 3 Feb 07) to Jessica Fairbairn(?) to save HER the trouble of 'closing HER complaint file'!!

I await further response within 14 days.

Would appreciate any comments from fellow claimants. :sad:

Link:

FAQ

Need to know what response to expect from DCA. Remember, they bought my Woolwich Current Account debt, £6,000-odd, mostly all unfair charges, plus Woolwich Personal Loan A/c (£1,000-odd). I pay DCA £30.00 pm (they want an increase in payment: I'm under pressure) - do I continue to pay, or not? Letter to DCA saying both A/cs 'in dispute' sent by me 19 Jan 07. :mad:

Hello:

I've been reading this thread and was wondering about this entry.

If you're disputing your charges, you can delay payment or pay £1.00 a month to the debt collectors?

no panic thats a standard reply we have all received ! escalating it to Barclays is good being that they took over woolwich some time ago ! the next letter you get will be their partial offer ! you just stick to your timescales everything is going fine read my thread paddym v woolwich youll see the similar pattern emerging as with all woolwich claims keep at it your doing well so far.the woolwich drag it out so just sit tight it will come to you eventually as it has done with all of us who have gone before you so keep the chin up anything they throw at you we will have it covered !

• Haha 1

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Good on you PaddyM - It is always encoraging to have your responses. ;)

Link:

FAQ

Living in Northern Ireland - what is the alternative to MCOL (England & Wales only) for my next stage in claim to be made in 14 days? ;)

Link:

FAQ

Hi

Sorry been away but it looks like Paddy has sorted you out. He's a good lad, dispite what people say:eek: , but he can get carried away sometimes then all he needs is an early night and he's back to normal next day, I think it must be all the excitement:D

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

No all its that fella Bruce keeps calling my number and saying 7.5million ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha any idea what he means ?;)

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Small claims Court?? My claim is over £5,100-odd, with 8% interest yet to be added. What next then? :|

Link:

FAQ

AL - I think Paddy's a nice chap, really - he must get carried away regularly (in his taxi). If you taxied in Belfast you would find the pick-ups Ohhh what!! :razz:

Link:

FAQ

to keep it within the limit you are going to have to split the claims up £2k £2k £1 ! you have to wait until 1st claims finished before you begin the next ! so an idea would be to get a friend or relatives address in england and use that to have papers served and issue your claim through MCOL were the limit in small claims is £5k otherwise a civil bill here in NI where a solicitor has to be used we cant do a civil bill as an individual ! plenty here for you to think about on the subject of issuing in england check with Lickthewallfatboy as i know he used this method !

Thanks, again PaddyM - I have time to consider options. Favourite is splitting claim into three - No family in GB to consider the option of filing claim there. :cool:

Link:

FAQ