Brooksdad v Woolwich

hughes690
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Hughes

I see Tamadus has been been giving guidance and he is very good just follow what he said read what he has posted and go from there.

Do not I say again, do not talk to the DCA's on the phone if you have caller id cut them off, just deal with them in writing.

Keep a log of when and how many times they phone a day, a week. If its more than 3 times a day there is legislation to stop this, and it will stop them and let me know how you get on.

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again

This thread, i believe it is quite long, will tell you about claiming over 6 years take a look, keep a pen and paper near by and pick out the important bits.:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/3598-do-you-have-charges.html

AL

Phew! Just read through - a lot to digest, tho. Lots of info and advice.

40-day DPA request Notice up next Sunday (21st Jan). Do I need to give them reminder, a push or just wait. Their response letter said they would furnish request by 30 Jan. Can a pal please advise?

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

:) HOLD EVERYTHING - Just got postie calling! Letter from Woolwich.

They've responded. Glory be! Will digest and come back. (£4603.50 in ILLEGAL charges, they say. The response is short of the 6-year request by a couple of months.

Link:

FAQ

Have now prepard my letter - Preliminary approach for Repayment - I am about to send to Woolwich. My claim: £4603.50 (their returned figure to me) plus period not disclosed within 6-year limit, £570.90 more - total £5174.40, plus £315 (known) charged in overdraft interest - Total £5489.40. What is 'schedule of charges' to accompany my claim, outside what is in my letter. Is this a copy of charges list furnished by Woolwich or my personal diary of recorded charges?

Would love some further guidance before sending my claim.

Still haven't sent my letter to DCA. Should I do so at same time? All ready to go!!

PLEASE OFFER ADVICE - ASAP. :confused:

Link:

FAQ

Schedule of charges is just a list of type of charge , amount and date.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and visual guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

• Haha 1

Have now prepard my letter - Preliminary approach for Repayment - I am about to send to Woolwich. My claim: £4603.50 (their returned figure to me) plus period not disclosed within 6-year limit, £570.90 more - total £5174.40, plus £315 (known) charged in overdraft interest - Total £5489.40. What is 'schedule of charges' to accompany my claim, outside what is in my letter. Is this a copy of charges list furnished by Woolwich or my personal diary of recorded charges?

Would love some further guidance before sending my claim.

Still haven't sent my letter to DCA. Should I do so at same time? All ready to go!!

PLEASE OFFER ADVICE - ASAP. :confused:

As Michael has said the schedule of charges is just a list of the type of charge, date and amount. If you run it through the spreadsheet it will calculate how much extra interest has been accrued due solely to the charges.

once you have the schedule SEND it along with your prelim letter of claim. It sounds like they are already acknowledging most of it :D

Give them 14 days in your prelim and if they dont respond fully don't waste time but send the LBA immediately the 14 days is up.

Dont forget to put in the prelim that the default was registred as a result of the unlawful charges and should be removed as part of your claim.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Phew, again: Just completed Spreadsheet input and have printed a copy. My, my, it does look loverly! Still want to reconcile SS against figures in Preliminary approach for Payment letter. Will info thread soonest. ;)

Link:

FAQ

I've done it! Sent off my Prelim Letter to Woolwich x Registered Post along with Schedule of charges. All checked and cross-checked. Amount requested is £5174.40, taken in illegal charges. (8% interest yet to be added at next stage).

I also posted my letter to DCA informing them I do not acknowledge their accounts and accounts are 'in dispute.'

Wish me well, as I do to all claimants: GOOD LUCK, GUYS. and thanks to all for their support and advice so far. :)

Link:

FAQ

Well done Hughes now the bulk of the work is done, your day will come :D

AL

Looks like you and PaddyM could be having Sunday lunchtime drinks;)

chance would be a fine thing im saving it all up Al for when you come over im gonna try and get down to Bantry for the weekend with her in doors ! lol :D

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

ADVICE PLEASE: Can I open Registration/Thread for Daughter on my computer to start ball rolling - or not?

Link:

FAQ

About to prepare my Spreadsheet (inc 8% interest) for next stage in my claim. Can anyone give me a reference where to find in library. SS I have opened don't readily calculate tot as I enter data. Pse advise. :)

Link:

FAQ

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and visual guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

This normally works fine. The only thing I can think of is that you may have deleted/altered a formula. All I can suggest is that you open a new s/s and try again.

• Confused 1

Ta Michael: Found and successful input of figures. Now to take my time and double-check while I await bank response - due by 5 Feb 07. :oops:

Link:

FAQ

Well done Hughes your almost over the worst bit filling out the ss's is a bit daunting but well worth the effort to regain your money.

Keep in touch.:D

AL;)

Have just had postie. Got response from Woolwich - will digest and seek further advice on this thread soonest.

Link:

FAQ

Response from Woolwich (Michele Wallis?) is the usual Blah - 'we are sorry that you feel LET DOWN . . . we would explain what happens next re (my request) received by them 22/01/07. . . fully investigating . . . aim to resolve by 19 FEB 07(!!) . . . in meantime please contact . . .'

Expected response from them (after 14 days) is Sun 4 Feb 07. They say response 28 days!! (19 Feb 07)

Please advise: LBA + schedule (I have ready, inc 8% interest) do I still send after 14 days even tho awaiting their initial response? ;)

Link:

FAQ