Evri lost £2200 returns parcel to Solace London- Insurance not purchased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes you should deduct it. 

I won't be able to read your PDF until tomorrow so standby for a response tomorrow late morning

Why are you pleading the party rights? I thought you contracted directly with EVRi? Or did you use some third party broker?

Claimant: Claudia Hill
Dated: 24th July
Case No: 428MC444
Between: Claudia Hill and EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri

Particulars of Claim

I, Claudia Hill, of 1 Nashenden Farm Cottage, Nashenden Farm Lane will say as follows:
15th April - Returned a parcel containing XX value £XX which I originally brought from the defendants, a clothing brand "Solace London" as they do not offer a return service,

New para  posted With Evri via their website using their "next day service" Tracking no C00HHA0354593287

New para No additional insurance cover was purchased as unnecessary under Consumer Rights Act 2015.

18th April - Tracked parcel status was at "On its Way" on 18th April 2023 even though it was due to be delivered on17th April 2023 and remained at this status

24th May - PA replied to confirm parcel was not found at depot and the parcel was now deemed to be missing and they would refund me £20 + the postage I originally paid

therefore the defendants are in breach of their contract to deliver the parcel.

25th May - £25.88 unilaterally refunded back to me

I am now claiming the outstanding amount of £2200 plus interest and costs.

STATEMENT of TRUTH
I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.

Dated the 24th Monday of July 2023.

Signed: ________________________________

Claudia Hill

I suggest that you apply the corrections that I have made.

Also it should be in numbered paragraphs and properly spaced.

Once you've done that posted up here again.

21 minutes ago, CreamSoda2310 said:

This is fine.

59 minutes ago, CreamSoda2310 said:

What is this. I can't open the file

Thank you. No surprises. They always manage to get it in at the last moment

• 4 weeks later...

Please monitor this thread for a reply this afternoon

Have they filed a defence? And have you posted it here in PDF format

I'd like to start off by saying that it's a mystery to me why we have to prompt you to post documents which you have received. We are trying to help you and it is clear that we will need to see this information and it saves time if you just post it up without being asked.

As you can see in their defence, they have referred to your undervaluation of £999 – and I think I have already expressed the view that it is unlikely that you will manage to recover more than that.

It is clear that you will recover something. Your case is excellent of course because as we know, the insurance requirement is Unlawful under Section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act. Had you found some way of declaring value correctly then your £23XX would have been pretty secure.

I think if you go to mediation then the best you can hope for is that they will settle for £999. I would be very surprised if you manage to budge them beyond that.

If you go to trial then you can certainly argue the full amount. I think the worst that would happen is that the judge would find in your favour but only award you your £999. If you manage to make a sufficient case then you would get all you are claiming for – and we would certainly help you – but I've already expressed my reservations about your chances of success.

So I think it's up to you. If you think that you are prepared to settle for the £999 which is what I think you are definite get a mediation and is what I think is the likely outcome at trial then you could go to mediation.

Certainly, 1300 quid is a lot to give up and so you might well want to try your luck at trial and we will try to help you with inventive arguments and of course we will be extremely pleased if you win.
If you go to trial – I think there is nothing to lose, you will get your £999 – that much is almost certain – with some ingenuity you might get.

You choose

• Like 1

You can certainly try for mediation and hangout for the 2300 and simply put your heels in and refuse to back down.

That way you wouldn't incur any trial fees. If the mediation fails or if you go to trial then you will certainly have to pay hearing fees equivalent to a claim for £2300. If you only win £999 then the cost you will be awarded will reflect a claim of that value. In other words you will lose a certain amount of your claim fee because you will have claimed more than you will have been awarded

There are several cases on the sub- forum where people have gone to mediation and have written excellent summaries. You will have to hunt around a bit but it will be well worth your while.