Evri - lost +£460 parcel - refused compensation even though I paid insurance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a parcel via Evri 27/05/23,

on 16/6/23 they admitted lost and to told me to open a claim,

I did this and claimed the cost of insured loss £469 plus postage cost £22.81,

waited 28 working day, chased them 30/7/23 as had not heard from them, jumped through hoops providing al sorts of evidence, and then they refused my claim 31/7/23 as they said my Invoice didn't have a company name to pose as legitimate.

I am not a company but and individual and could show payment made to my bank account by the buyer for the invoice amount.

I reopened my claim on the 31/7/23 with all the evidence they still required, eBay platform from where I usually sell, this time was word of mouth so sold outside of eBay and invoice customer, communication with customer, bank statement, emails etc

now all communication from Evri has gone cold.

I have sent emails to them regular for the past 4 weeks including Martijn De Lange on the 14/8/23 advising I would have to consider court action if they did not pay out or contact me.

What should I do now,

I am sure I should be paid out by them just unsure what to do next.

Do I stand a chance to go to court to claim my lost item insured amount with interest? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Belinda-Ann

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri - lost +£460 parcel - refused compensation even though i paid for their insurance.
  • Nicky Boy changed the title to Evri - lost +£460 parcel - refused compensation even though I paid insurance.

post spaced please dont post a complete block of text on a forum.

yes as you took out insurance with evri for the full amount, you stand a 100% chance of getting everything back + any court fess + costs.

type in evri and read a good 20+ threads

next stage is a letter of claim.

you should however now on only use royal mail.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no template. This is a self-help forum and you should start preparing your own letter of claim and post the draft here so we can have a look.

If you take responsibility for the things you will gain a lot more confidence and be much more in control.

Please post your letter of claim here.

One comment about my site team colleague' s post above – my site team colleague says that as you bought insurance your hundred percent chance of getting everything back.

The insurance is unlawful and unenforceable – it is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act – and in our view you would stand 100% chance of getting everything back anyway. Including your insurance premium.

Okay below is my draft letter. and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Attention: Claims Department

Evri parcel limited T/A evri

Capitol House

1 Capitol Close

Morley

LEEDS

LS27 0WH

Dear Sir/Madam,

Parcel reference number C00HHA0369837802 – claim reference number 230612-002293

Letter of Claim

On 27 May 2023 I used your services to send a parcel containing a complete EAS air suspension unit for a Range Rover P38 with full insurance for loss or damage.

The parcel did not arrive at its intended destination and I was led to understand from yourselves that the parcel had been lost on the 15 June 2023.

Although you offer an insurance policy which in fact is prohibited under section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015, I decided to purchase the policy in order to facilitate matters in case you breached the delivery contract.
In the event you did breach the delivery contract by losing my property – as admitted by you.

I therefore claimed the value of the parcel at £469 plus the delivery fee with insurance cover of £22.81.

The reason you have given for refusing to compensate me is apparently that I am unable to provide a company name.
I am a private individual. I have never represented myself as anything else and I have no idea why you should imagine that I am trading as a company.
In any event, that issue is wholly relevant to the reimbursement of the value of my property because of your breach of contract.

I have provided you with full details of the financial transaction relating to the purchase of my lost item

I should point out that although you are offering an insurance policy as a device for excluding or limiting your liability, and that this insurance policy is a secondary contract within the meaning of section 72 of the consumer rights act, your insurance policy is also unregulated.

If I do not receive this sum of £491.81 in full within 14 days (12 September 2023), I shall issue a claim in the County Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

Belinda-Ann Kennedy

as you will see, I have overhauled the letter quite substantially.

I'm afraid some of the matters you are referring to – such as losses or expenses incurred having to reorder an item are not recoverable and it is not worth going ahead because you and a victory to EVRi for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I understand also that you may have sent the previous letter of claim which expired in August. Is this correct?

Also, you have told us that you are a private individual yet from your letter I understand that you are trading in car parts. Please will you explain

oh my word that is brilliant, many thanks

here is a copy of the email I send to evri claims on the 1/8/23

Good Afternoon, K Gallagher,

Do you have any proof of a conversation between you and the buyer that they were interested in buying the item, and an agreement on the price they would pay you?

The buyer was sent the invoice, he paid me via bank transfer.

Attached is an invoice with my bank details on it for *** to make a bank transfer.
Attached is Mr *** Bank transfer for the full invoice amount of £469 to the bank account on the invoice on the 15 May 2023.
Attached is communication via WhatsApp regarding his purchase of the valve block, pump and air dryer via bank transfer, and the ensuing loss of the package by you and the necessity for me to send out another complete unit to him.

Below are 3 links for each of the items included on the invoice paid by Mr ***, for the listings I usually sell my eBay platform
Here is my eBay account that I sell all my units on BKMIWAY

This is a forwarded copy of email communications between Mr *** and myself regarding him buying the Valve Block, pump and air dryer (PROOF OF CONVERSATION) with the invoice you already have attached to this email to him, so he could pay for the purchase.

With reference to your request that I show that he agreed to pay the price, please be advised that he made the bank transfer for the full amount on the invoice, which was the price and always has been my price for any of these units. In making the bank transfer, he agreed to this price as he paid it.

I trust you now have sufficient evidence that Mr ***, agreed to the price and paid me for the items.

I remain as ever in urgent anticipation of what you may next decide you wish to received to finally pay me out on the cost of my losses by Evri.

Yours Sincerely

yes I refurbish the air suspension parts for the Range Rover P38, valve block, pump and air dryer, they are all listed on eBay

So you are not acting as an individual. You are trading in car parts – even if it is part-time.

This may impact your consumer rights at some point – best to play it down and not mention it.

However just in case you are under any illusion, if you are selling things and making a profit from it then even though that may not be your day job, you are still acting as a trader for the purposes of consumer law.
I know that eBay tries to say that certain people aren't registered as traders and therefore their customers are entitled to consumer rights – but eBay I'm afraid doesn't know what they are talking about.

If you're happy with a suggested letter of claim above, then send it off but don't be under any illusion. It won't have any effect it simply a formal precursor to issuing the claim.

This means that on day 15 you will have to issue your claim. Register with the MoneyClaim website and start drafting your claim and post your particulars of here in draft fashion before you click it off.

Please confirm that this is the action you are taking

Hi BankFodder,

Thanks I am happy with your draft and will book a singed for collection by Royal Mail for tomorrow.

I will play down as per your suggestion my eBay part time selling thanks for the advise.

I already will registered with MoneyClaim I will copy and past the details here once done on the expected day 15

Questions

1. Address they are registered at companies house as EVRi PARCELNET LIMITED, should I be addressing it as thus.  EVRi PARCELNET LIMITED T/A Evri

2. Day 15 am I correct it will be 15 September 2023

• Like 1

You should post the draft particulars of claim before you click them off. Not after day 15.

Yes, it probably is 15 September if you send the letter of claim straightaway

No – it is automatically corrected.

The name for the claim is H ermes blah blah blah