Parcel sent via "Yodel Direct", misdelivered with no proof

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heya,

So I sent a parcel to a friend, it was returned to me as undelivered (they say it was rejected but my friend never got a knock/misdelivery) however it was never delivered to me. They haven't given any proof such as photo,gps,signature etc but the parcel is valued at around £800 and was a present so I'm rather keen to have it sorted rather than just leave it like i have with loads of others.

It was sent via Yodel direct who's website refers to both "YODEL DELIVERY NETWORK LIMITED" and "Parcel2Go.com Ltd".

They're giving me the runaround so I'm kinda keen to send a LOC to see if that will start to speed them up since I'm hopeful their legal team can use some common sense. If not I'm assuming in the next week or so I'll get a response back that says they aren't gonna issue a claim for it.

However I'll admit im a bit lost as to who I'd be claiming against, is it "YODEL DELIVERY NETWORK LIMITED" or is it "Parcel2Go.com LTD". I originally thought yodel since the terms and conditions say "Yodel Direct is a trading name of Yodel Delivery Network Limited whose registered office address is Skyways Hub, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool L70 1A" however I've noticed all the CS emails come from a parcel2go catchall (email domain) and the parcel2go logo is at the footer of the email where it says "Copyright 2023 Parcel2Go.com - All rights reserved The Cube, Coe St, Bolton, BL3 6BU"

Can anyone confirm who it would be?

Thanks

Firstly, if you are simply proposing to send a letter of claim in order to speed them up – then don't bother.

Only send a letter of claim if you are going to start the claim that the expiry of the time limit for action which you have set.

If you do decide to claim then you need to gives more detail.

Date, item, value, was quickly declared, did you buy the insurance – et cetera. Then we can get started

We really need to know the answers to the questions we have put and also we will want to know what communication you have had with them and what have they said to you in writing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BF,

Just thought I'd update you, I sent an email and it's now been moved to a claim.

For anyone in a similar situation here's my advice:

Firstly your contract is with parcel2go - They will say its not but it is. 

After you jump that hurdle, go through and ask for a claims advisor, then ask for an escalation callback.

That team will solve even when the rest wont. The team who sort it refuse to answer chats/emails so make sure to ask for a callback

BF - your donate button is broken, with warmest compliments please fix so i can donate to you :)

Thanks for the advice here – but you haven't had a result from it yet. Also, although this completely appears to be working for you, it often isn't working for the thousands of other people who end up giving up.

The problem with following complaints routes like this is that people use up their time and eventually become fatigued when they finally hit a brick wall.
Occasionally there is a solution – but most of the time it is a brick wall.

I think I need to make it clear for other people who visit this thread, that you haven't somehow discovered the magic formula to getting a refund. It was that easy then by now the word would have spread through the thousands of people who have difficulties – the 20,000 or 30,000 people on the Facebook groups.

In terms of the donation, thank you very much indeed – but please wait until you get a result. I've just checked our donate button and it is working fine

Great. That is very satisfying indeed.

It's honestly a route worth trying – but once again I would caution people to raise their hopes too high.

How long did it take from the moment that you sent that email until you obtained your solution.

Yep - I'd point out it will very much only work there is no GPS nor proof of delivery photo of the return - as was in my case.

the whole case took around a month, but the key step was when i got a callabck and then it was in the hands of one person who had the power to actually do things.

And did you buy their insurance policy? I asked you that question earlier but I don't think you ever responded

Thanks for the information.

Just to point out, that the requirement of insurance policy in order to extend the liability of the courier company is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act and also contrary to section 72.

There is no question that insurance is not necessary and that you can get your money back regardless.
Getting the insurance policy might sometimes make things smoother but it is absolutely not necessary. It is a parcel delivery company scam. They make billions of pounds per year from this fake insurance which effectively is simply selling you rights which you already enjoy under the consumer rights act.

Yea I know, I ship quite a lot and my losses last year from lost/missing/damaged parecls was in the region of £9,300 and my projected insurance spend is only £4,623.47  so it works out cheaper

Well we can save you £4623 .47 if you stop paying insurance and came to us. 

If there are any lost parcels which have not been reimbursed over the last six years – then posted up and we will help you get your money back.

I appreciate that but I do not have the time to go back and deal with what will turn out to be just shy of 430 parcels and deal with LOC then court for them, however I am coming here also now.

Edited by jk2054

I sent you a message and raised the possibility of recovering all of your insurance premiums paid at least the last six years.
This would be in addition to recovering the value of loss parcels which had not been reimbursed.

You haven't responded – but I suggest that it would be worth a chat.

In your post above, you seem to think that it might amount to 430 different claims – it wouldn't.