UKPC ANPR PCN - Campbells Meadow Retail Park Kings Lynn PE30 4YN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement 7/11/22

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date 10/11/22

3 Date received 14/11/22

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? UKPC

8. Where exactly  Campbells Meadow Retail Park Kings Lynn

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

Car park is used by a 24 hour gym.

If parked there after 10PM you have to enter your details into a console but as I was nearly finished i went over the time by 17 minutes, There is no charge at any other time to use it and others like myself who have been caught out and tried to appeal have been told it's tough and pay up!

Where do I stand on this?

UKPC letter re PCN.pdf

who did you appeal too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't appeal, as you've seen from others it gets you nowhere, and on top of that they've probably outed themselves as the driver.

You've blanked out the Vehicle Arrival, Vehicle Departure and Vehicle Duration bits.  Can you tell us what is printed there please?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They haven't even said the vehicle was parked... just "present on site" 🤨

On Google Street View, there doesn't appear to be any UKPC parking signage between the roundabout and the "other" car park entrance next to the gym...

Can you confirm Joe?

Also, it may be prudent to get pictures of the lack of signage next time you visit, for possible future evidence.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• honeybee13 changed the title to Parking charge notice - UKPC, Campbells Meadow Retail Park Kings Lynn

@Nicky Boy I’ll check signage when I go tonight.

Tha car park is free to use for up to three hours between 06.00 and 22.00.

This charging is mainly to stop the groups of young drivers meeting up there that time of night even though they have never been a bother to anyone.

It would be interesting to see the exact wording on the signs. (Pics please).

It could be argued that as you entered at 21:13:24, you were entitled stay until 00:13:24...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I’ll get some photos tonight.

As I said in OP, we’re supposed to put our details into a console if there after 22.00 but as already there????

Ive had private tickets in the past but this is the first one with a schedule 4 notice on it and that makes me unsure how to proceed.

of course you can

read upload it tells you how

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hopefully the pictures are on the attachment.

Funny thing is this is the second time I’ve taken these photos and in the time between they have moved them from being about six foot from the ground to fifteen for some reason.

signs.pdf

So the signs state a maximum stay of three hours.

You stayed a lot less than three hours.

Nothing there about after 10pm, console, etc.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As Dave says, no mention on signs of 6am to 10pm only.

What makes you believe that restriction exists Joe?

There is a console within the gym and members have been told to ensure they log their vehicles if they are there after 10.

But as you’ve said there is nothing on the signage that gives a restriction.

It changes very little.

If the fleecers follow Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 - yes, this has been around since 2012 - they can transfer liability from the driver to the keeper.  That's all.

It's no help whatsoever for them if they try to pursue someone for breaking a condition which isn't even shown on their signs.

So, just wait for all the inevitable threatening letters. File them away and don't respond to anything, unless you get a letter of claim, then come back here for advice.

I suspect there is another sign there at least which has a different rule or rules to the one you showed. If that is the case then as the sign at the entrance is an offer to treat rather than forming a contract you can select the most favourable sign to your circumstance.

• 1 month later...

Well I had the debt collectors letter today wanting money. And in the final paragraph of the letter there was a link

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.html 

and saying this shows it's all lawful so you must pay.

Is there more to this story than they are saying?

of course.

ignore them.

dx

and they