Rented property - Pigeon issues.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please advise,

132 and 134 are both rented properties.

lady in 134 feed pigeons. She feeds then with huge bags of bird feed and other things such as corn and lentils etc.

issue is about 500 of them gather and at any one time around 100 birds are all over 132.

132 has had its pipes cleaned twice, kids have got sick, bird poop all over there place.

so bird poop everywhere, feathers and other bits and bobs getting stuck here and there and in pipes.

she has been asked to tone it down, kids cant play in the garden etc. she will not listen.

what is the correct solution? who do we contact? we have taken some pictures.

also the smell is terrible.

please advise.

Hi

I have to agree with you need to make a Formal Complaint to the Councils Environmental Health Department about her constantly feeding these pigeons with bird seed which could also attract other vermin to the area as well i.e. rats or other animals and the nuisance this is causing as the bird droppings are a health hazard.

Remember the more people that complain to the Council about this the better.

There is no specific law in the UK on feeding pigeons but certain Councils may have bylaws or other means to enforce the individual to stop feeding the pigeons i.e. health hazard of the bird dropping or bird seeds could be bringing other vermin or animals to the area or anti social behaviour which they can use to take action but check with your Council and complain to them about this.

We had this in a previous place I lived and one individual was constantly feeding the pigeons and that individual was warned by the Council after numerous complaints to stop but they continued and just ignored the Council so the Council got an order against them and the individual again ignored that so the Council to them to Court and they got one massive Fine from the Court and stopped feeding the pigeons.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group