Ripped off by builder - work to date condemned by buildings control - help what do i do??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i Agreed to pay a builder in 4 stages

he has had 2 of the payments, half the amount agreed but a week ago asked for the 3rd instalment to which I replied he could have it after he had taken the remedial action with the job so far..

I have now not seen him and he has not replied to any calls, messages or emails..

he hasn’t done half the work and I have this week had building control round who have condemned his work ..

not sure what I can do now as he is not communicating with me, is obviously not capable of remedial work and I have not received the value of the goods, service I have paid for .. help 😢

Edited by dx100uk
Solid block of text spaced out

• dx100uk changed the title to Ripped off by builder - work to date condemned by buildings control - help what do i do??

Hi

Please be patient I am sure others will be along to assist you.

You mention the work was in 4 stages could you clarify that this was written into a contract agreed and signed?

Do you know this Contractors details/Company? is so let us know

As the Councils Building Control has condemned the work could you clarify you have paperwork from them clarifying this?

I assume from what you have said you informed this Contractor of the councils building control inspection and the remedial works needing carried out before progressing the works further exactly when did you inform the contractor? 

Exactly what are the Building works you are having carried out?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

5 hours ago, stu007 said:

Hi

Please be patient I am sure others will be along to assist you.

You mention the work was in 4 stages could you clarify that this was written into a contract agreed and signed?

Do you know this Contractors details/Company? is so let us know

As the Councils Building Control has condemned the work could you clarify you have paperwork from them clarifying this?

I assume from what you have said you informed this Contractor of the councils building control inspection and the remedial works needing carried out before progressing the works further exactly when did you inform the contractor? 

Exactly what are the Building works you are having carried out?

The work wasn’t in 4 stages, the payments were.  There was a contract/invoice that I was sent that set that out and the third payment was due at the completion of the exterior of the extension (which it is not).

The name of the Contractor is Tim Wise and his company is TJW Projects.

i have asked the Council to confirm the details of their visit in writing.

i had already told Tim that I was not happy with several aspects of the work, he had said he was going to but these were things that I could see like the tiling, plastering, carpentry, not the structure of the building, building control have only just been round a week after I last saw the contractor or any other work done. Luckily I had taken photos which I showed them and along with what they have seen have said it needs taking down.  I had told Tim in an email that they would be coming.

I think you should give us a bit more detail. 

Give us the chronology of events, values, payments – et cetera.

How much of the work does he claim to have completed?
What do you think is the value of the completed work?
In what way does the quality of the workmanship for short – and what do you think it would cost to address those defects?

Adding the Companies House information, assuming it's the firm in Essex. The company was only formed in 2020 and hasn't submitted any accounts yet. HB

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

TJW PROJECTS LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return...

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum