HMRC letter regarding phone interview about my working tax credits

Wolf9900
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can ask the bank, and they will order them for you.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks just read the Cop26 

one thing I wondered at is it says that if you have to repay and you only get the minimum tax credit with no reduction because of earnings they can only take 10% to repay it 

I was thinking they would stop all £200 till its paid in full so I guess they only do that for the investigation then give it you back minus what they  choose as a repayment

could you offer more in repayment as I have very little outgoings now apart from what I will have to pay to the other debts and phone bill which is my responsibility to pay as I am the only one using the internet 

Edited by Wolf9900

yes sar your bank it's free

as for your other debts

start a thread on them lets help you

you might not have to pay them anything !!

certainly not if you are blindly paying a DCA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Also, you may have claimed more WTC's than allowed but you can bet that you were entitled to other benefits so the amount you truly owe will be much less than the amount you have received.

Try and work uou what else you could or should ahve got instead and ram this home, they wont be in a hurry to try and make an example of you if it looks like they are just persecuting poor people for claiming the wrong allowance.

Once you have an idea of what else you could ahve got and how much get your MP involved as well, their intervention may mean you get treated very differently even if the end result is the same-ie you owe them some money.

Ok that went funny 

I picked up the phone woman told me who they were then asked if I had the paperwork they asked for on the back of letter I said no but can still answer

but she said ok we will send you a letter out and you can do it online on my tax account and would not let me give the info without the paperwork 

Then she asked security questions name age address then said goodbye and put phone down 

so now I am waiting on a new letter to give the info online 

I mean I am lost here 

Nobody has asked you for an interview under caution. I’m going to cautiously assume that you are among the 10’s of thousands every year who may have to pay something back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yeah I was just shocked built myself up and then the phone call as soon as I said no I had not got the paper (for obvious reasons) 

she shut down the conversation and said I will post you another letter so you can do the answering online I put the phone down and just stared at it for about a 5 mins after lol

• dx100uk changed the title to HMRC letter regarding phone interview about my working tax credits

my SAR came today

had a quick look at it after work

only thing so far that jumps out is they have me employed from 09 to 2013 with a company I have never heard anything about

going to go through it in more detail after some sleep

oh how unusual!! not!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"only thing so far that jumps out is they have me employed from 09 to 2013 with a company I have never heard anything about"

Were you employed during the above period ?  Do the earnings reported reflect what you were paid ?    Companies can sometimes trade under different names.

As above. But also look very carefully at incorrect estimates of income etc. Also phone calls that didn’t happen. On my SAR they had literally made stuff up. No other explanation for it.

Also, painful as this is , look at all the screen shots etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just a quick update on this I was told to send a letter in with the details just before we all got locked down and with my job being going to people's homes I am stuck 

but anyway had a while to send the letter because of the virus then today I hot a new letter and I quote 

our check on your tax credit awards fir the year ending 5th April 2020

we wrote to you about your current tax credits award we will no longer be continuing with the check

then it just tells me how to inform them of future changes to my job thAat would effect my tax credits

:becky:......every cloud ......silver lining 

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They probably have moved all staff over to Universal Credit due to high demand.