style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Supreme court appeal has to be one of the most important case of its type since the 17th century. Regardless of its eventual outcome, and regardless of the fate of Brexit and of our membership of the EU, there will over the next years or decades be substantial changes to the British constitution, to reflect the flaws that the current debacle has shown up in it. My guess now is that we could have a codified, single-document constitution within ten years.

Uncle Bulgaria, re general elections the big question is the 2019 elections to the European Parliament which we could scupper:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Parliament_election,_2019

Good point and i can see why government has a timetable for Brexit by April 2019, but they have to also plan for Brexit not being agreed within the 2 year period. Candidates for the June 2019 EU MEP elections will have to be selected by parties and the bodies that run elections will have to carry out their normal preparation work.

It is quite possible that a Brexit deal will not be agreed by April 2019 because of the sheer complexity and countries wanting to protect their own interests. E.g why should France and Germany not seek to gain finance business from London to their centres in Paris and Frankfurt. City of London does quite a lot of trading on behalf of EU entities.

If by say February 2019 a Brexit deal is not negotiated and a hard Brexit under WTO arrangements is not supported, the Government would have to withdraw their Article 50 application to leave the EU. That would mean continued EU membership probably beyond a May 2020 general election.

I can understand the annoyance of leave supporters that their Brexit dream is being frustrated, but the process is not going to be very easy and i can see major challenges ahead. Theresa May might be tempted into an early election, but engineering that under fixed term parliament act is less straightforward than it was.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't know either Ford, im hoping CD, King12345, or Alf Garnett might pop in and tell us? ......I think they are out stocking up on bricks to build this wall, so they can keep the foreigners out!

We have this covered though with the new airport runway. ;)

Here I am 😊

I think I said enough, now we just need to wait and see if UK will really leave the EU.

If this happens then only time will tell if leavers were right or not.

At the moment it all sounds like a large sack of speculations from both sides.

Educated guesses have been made by experts from both sides, but nobody can predict the future with 100% accuracy.

I sit tight and wait patiently for the positive consequences of brexit (if it will ever happen)

We've been an EU member for enough time to have reached eutopia but they sat and ignored issues important to people. This is the reason we have come to this now. It's no good carrying on saying oh I know it's not perfect.... you have to dig at it to find out the inner workings of such a club.

I sit tight and wait patiently for the positive consequences of brexit (if it will ever happen)

Give us a clue on what you think they could possibly be.

Reduce immigration sounds good,

but when you also consider the loss of cheap migrant labour for the farms,

and the almost certain loss of access to the single market

... ad nausium

I believe changing the rules from within would have been FAR more effective, particularly as large amounts of UK immigration is none EU anyway

Make our own laws sounds good,

But will they be SO different to the EU laws of which we were a part in generating? Enough different in ways that matter?

Make our way in the world ...

Well hardly as we are actually withdrawing from FREE TRADE (few who have looked at the detail dispute that the cost was minimal) with effectively the WORLDS largest market, let alone our local market on our terms

India

- will be happy to free trade with us, and swamp us with cheap goods and 'services' replacing our own services industry; which is so important to our economy; with outsourced centers in Mumbai

But what will we trade to pay for them however cheap they are?

China

Is always happy to sell us whatever we can buy, but what do we get back from that that is good for this nation - not just good for a wealthy few?

What do we sell them that is good for this nation?

Canada/USA

They are more interested in trading with the EU than our little island, but would as long as we allow our laws to be defined by corporate courts.

and what do we export to them?

Their financial services already have none-tax paying arms here taking advantage of what was the UK's prime position in EU services.

What price EU law ....

So where are these clear upsides?

Any? Anyone?

Jesus Wept

Even the Prime Minister wants to use Royal Prerogative to avoid discussing, let alone trying to get even as little as a simple majority in our elected Parliament on these issues.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Yes, conceded that 6 feature bricks in Prince Charles fireplace have been imported.

A very large percentage I note...

is that all what you came up with in yr search! no wonder you voted exit.

try a bit more thoroughly. come back when you have :)

IMO

:-):rant:

The re-moaners lost and now they want to make it a legal issue, it's so desperate..

Depending on what happens, you could have leavers going to court as well, trying to hold the government to account, if the type of Brexit was not the flavour they wanted or they believe there is a constituitional issue.

You can guarantee that there will be loads of court cases over the next few years.

Brexit will be very difficult and may never happen.

Theresa May might be tempted by an early election, but many pro EU Tories would not be very happy. Under the fixed term Parliament arrangements, they might stop this happening.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I wonder what would have happened if the majority had voted remain...

Would the leavers take the whole country to court to impose their view?

No.

It looks like the leftists who preach democracy are the same ones who impose their way upon the majority.

They never accept that they are the minority and have to let the majority rule accordingly to their own democratic principle.

They are all condemning north Korea, Iran and other countries where the people have no choice, but then they want the same for UK.

Look at Heathrow third runaway: After the extremely lengthy and democratic process initiated by them, they now want to stop the expansion because it's not in line with what they want.

As usual, a small minority rules the country and imposes their own agenda upon everyone else.

At the same time they profess the religion of democracy and it makes sense to them.

In other words, let's have a vote, if it goes our way it's fine, otherwise we just block the vote and impose our own agenda.

Hurray for democracy!

If there is one thing that annoys me the most is the language being used and default insults.

If you voted to remain you are a Leftitst commi "Remoaner"

If you voted to leave you are a stinking xenophobic Kipper

Grow up people, this has nothing to do with the referendum but a government official who thinks she can sweep away 400 years of British constitutional Jurisprudence

Stop the insults and have some respect

Edited by obiter dictum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks