Notifcation of Local Service Compliance Telephone Interview

MrLimez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter on Saturday, spent all weekend worrying about what it is about. I telephoned the number this morning to try and find out more, was advised he has not looked at the case yet but need to wait until Friday when the interview is booked for.

I explained i suffer from serve anxiety and nerves and not knowing what it is about is causing me a huge amount of stress, I explained even an interview with my GP I find very stressful but the person I spoke to could not bring it forward or advise me of anything.

Can anyone give me some advice.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I know the word sounds scary, but compliance in the DWP isn't nearly as scary as it sounds. They could be checking that you're getting everything you're entitled to.

If they thought you'd done something wrong, it would be the fraud team that contacted you.

Type 'DWP compliance' into the CAG search box in the red strip at the top of this screen and you'll find other people's compliance threads. Lots of them have worried like you and found that there wasn't a problem. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hey

Thanks for your reply. I can only think of 2 reasons they would be contacting me

First

To review what I am currently getting but within the next 2 - 3 will be moving to NEA (New Enterprise Allowance) as I have been working on preparing to start my own business with support from the local job centre

Second

I live with my parents, I recently decided to really tidy the gardens up (before I do not have as much free time due to nea), I have 2 neighbours who are always reporting people to the council, housing association for no real reason. The reason I was on ESA was my disability of anxiety / depression no real physical reason. I have been making good process with my anxiety over the last 12 months, small things such as walking the dog alone, going to the corner shop, attending doctors / job centre appointments alone (Dropped off to appoints by family but going in to the appointment) on my own which i feel proud of my self for as I never would have thought that was possible.

You sound as if you're doing well. I know what anxiety can do to you, it sounds as if you're managing it well. Hopefully things will slowly improve for you.

I still think that as it's compliance and not fraud, it's going to be routine.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Compliance interviews happen for various reasons, and most of them are not sinister at all. As Honeybee says, if they really thought you had done something wrong then it would be the Fraud people who would be dealing with your claim.

You mention neighbours who report people to the DWP - this could be it. I'm not saying it is, mind you, but one of the things Compliance does is check out fraud reports that they don't think are really serious. The DWP is well aware that malicious reports happen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.