Lied to about rates of pay and not paid for days worked

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started work for a delivery company on a self employed basis. I was told when I started that my rate of pay would be £80-100 a day. I did 2 days training and was told I would be paid £80 per day for the training. However since working for the company my pay has been £300 for 6 days work. Working from 8-8. I also have not been paid for the training days I did. Basically the company have lied to me and other workers about pay rates and are now refusing to pay for the training we have done. I'm worried as I'm in a tough predicament. I have a house and a family to provide for. I have rang the umbrella company I get paid through who just keep passing me from pillar to post. I have also just seen my job advertised at the £80-100 a day they originally stated so the advert is basically a lie! Is there anyway I can take this further?

Hi not really a contract I've just had an information booklet about how the umbrella company works. We were told the rates of pay on the training days but they've obviously exaggerated. They even said some people earn up to £800 a week. Just feel a bit of a fool. I left another job as I thought I'd be on more pay here!