UKCPS MNPR PCN - no stopping - yellow box - Gateway House Manchester Piccadilly station

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

less than 2 weeks ago I went to drop off my sister and cousin to Manchester Piccadilly station and the satnav took me to the back of the station where there was no way for the car to park. It was dead end and I was confused , not sure where to go, there was yellow box lines where I stopped the car.

My sister and cousin went out and I drove off. I did get out of the car to give them a hug good bye however did not leave the car unoccupied or unattended or even turned the engine off. 

I have now received this charge for parking charge. Reason for Issue says "No stopping".

As far as I understand, parking is when the car is left unoccupied in an area/place not allowed.

I certainly did not park the car and left it in the yellow box. 

Wondering if there is a way out for me?

Worth appealing this? I haven't responded yet. 

PS. It was on 5th July, 10:58am.

Not sure if it being Sunday morning makes any difference?

All help will be appreciated. 

Regards

Maria

Its Parking Charge Notice, not Penalty. Says MNPR (Manual Number Plate Recognition) - Although at the back of the letter it does say that CCTV and ANPR Technology may have been in use. 

1 Date of the infringement
25th June, 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 5th July, 2023

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received 6th July, 2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? UKCPS

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Gateway House Piccadilly, Manchester (Yellow Box lines)

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Appeals can be made online via ukcps.zatappeal.com . If appeal is unsuccessful then appeal can be lodged to IAS (Independent Appeals Service)

thats because we only want PDF and properly redacted too

ive done both for you.

there are 100's of like threads here on this fake yellow box scam.

simply ignore everything until/unless you ever get a letter of claim

clickme ^^^ 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPS MNPR PCN - no stopping - yellow box - Gateway House Manchester Piccadilly station

and ps IT IS NOT A FINE..it's a speculative invoice ....ive changed that word in post 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm afraid if you need to ask those questions you need to read more threads here than just your own. You really need to start the learning curve like everyone else has.

This could go away but there's a chance they will go all the way to a Letter of Claim which has to be headed as that. At that point you send a 'snotty letter' letting them know you'll be trouble if it goes as far as court.

It's up to you if you want to listen to their threats and pay up. We don't recommend it but are you up for a fight?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My primary question is, am I in the wrong or right? considering it says parking charge in a yellow box. Technically parking is when we leave the car unattended which I did not. so is this even right or not? 

This is a self help forum.

Have you read other threads as suggested?

If you do, you'll see that the fleecers will use any means to get you to pay for something you haven't done...

They're nothing better than scammers.

You've already made one very obvious valid point about parking V stopping in your last post.

Try reading a few cases from our "successes" threads...

Edited by Nicky Boy
  • Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

favicon.ico Programmable Search Engine

CSE.GOOGLE.COM

clickme ^^^ 

read up ive given you links to threads here with all the answers. just hold and click 'programable search engine' above 

dx

and they

We know Gateway House very well.  I've just done a quick search and yours is the 21st case we have.

The good news is that for all their bluster and threats about how they will drop a nuclear bomb on your house, UKCPS haven't actually had the gonads to take any of the other 20 motorists to court.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/search/?q="Gateway house"&quick=1&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_in=titles

As the others have said, get reading some of these threads and you'll soon gen up on the legal arguments and be aware of what UKCPS will do next.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes just dont ignore a letter of claim.

yours is not the next move.

oh and dont move in 6yrs without informing them in writing.

dx

and they

41 minutes ago, Emmm said:

I have gone through the other threads, there is no mention of court cases

And that is the most important point.  You've found no mention of court cases because UKCPS threaten to take motorists to court for this site, but have never actually had the balls to do so.  They have never taken anyone on CAG to court for Gateway House - because they know their case is pants.

The worst case scenario is that you are super unlucky, become the first ever Cagger to be taken to court, you get a biased judge and lose, and have to pay around £250.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

and they didnt even paint the box! 

its on railway land too so byelaws over ride as well.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If they did take someone to court as Bylaws apply they would likely lose anyway.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!