Nationwide paid up!!

coffindodger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They don't have to acknowledge that they have paid you, they can prove you have recieved the money.

If you have the money in your account you can't continue your claim. If you're unsure then phone them and ask if the money credited to your account is a return of the charges.

I think that we are starting to look for problems where there are none. On my online full statement it says "refund of interest charges". I think it is just a way of repaying without setting any precedents. If the money refunded is equal to the cost of your claim then you have no need to continue. If it's not them I imagine you can continue the claim for the balance.

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

ive just contacted their 24 hr helpline..who said refund of interest would include unpaid dd's. unauth od fees etc aswell...also said a letter would have been sent out just proberbly hasn't got here yet...so hold tight....proberbly be here tommorow..

i contacted NW who informed me that the money credited to my account was the charges that i requested..when i questioned why it was approx £200 less than i asked for they said we had already refunded £200.to which i replied i know i had deducted that fee...i asked if the refund included my court fees...yes they replied...did it include interest...yes they replied...well can you send me a detailed breakdown of how the final figure was made up...yes its in the post today...3 days later and nothing...then today another refund of charges for £340.64..totalling more than £2120 since i first asked for the refund...but still no confirmation in the mail....which unerves me....what are they playing at....they seem very nervy on the phone and dont want to give much away..only answering yes and no to questions asked......oh well i think i might go shopping...LOL...

Good result Enforcer enjoy your shopping:D

I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow as I still haven't received any written confirmation about the refund. They still have refunded no interest charges so if they refuse I may well send a LBA and pursue the rebate of interest

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was just labout to post a new one, and realised it's pretty much along the same lines. I have filed a claim against Nationwide last Monday, for £550, and on Friday a credit of £220 appeared with the description 'Reversal of interest charges'. I don't know whether to phone, or carry on the claim, or what now? They haven't sent me anything in the post. Hope I get another credit soon then, if it's going along the same lines.

If all of the charges have not been refunded then I would still carry on with your timetable as they have not met your terms. Mine is slightly different in that all of the charges were refunded but none of the interest element The charges were all refunded on the same day but in 4 seperate transactions. Some of the interest I claimed however was for an agreed overdraft and as such should not have been part of my claim. I want the bank to make me an offer for the interest part. I also have had no written communication from Nationwide

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

this is a tactic by NW to get you to stop your claim...just ignore it..take the £2oo off what they owe you and then proceed with your claim + interest and costs...they did the same with me back in feb...thay have since settled in full inc interest and costs....so keep on with it you will suceed in the end honest..

ill give you my series of fortunate events:

i calculated my charges using their online website.

i sent preliminary letter asking for a full refund

they then said get lost

i sent another letter stating if no full refund in 14 days i will pursue thru the courts

they then sent letter saying heres £200 and thats yer lot forever.

14 days past i waited a few extra days cus i hadnt got the £120 quid till payday.

filled in n1 form at county courts.paid £120 and waited 14 days for the outcome.

went to courts on 15th day to be told they acknowledged claim and requested another 14days to respond.

approx 12 days later checked my account and was £1350 better off.

rang the NW who informed me it was a refund of interest/charges etc.

But i was claiming slightly more than that,so asked if this included interest..yes they replied..did it include costs ..yes they replied...i asked them to send me a statement with a breakdown of how the refund was made up..ok its in the post.

then later this week..another refund of £340 presumely for the interest and costs that id mentioned in my call.

today i recieved a defence claim from the court saying NW states that they have refunded charges for £1350 + £200 paid in feb..but will defend the interest and costs .

So i think they intended to defend about £170 but paid up £1350 of charges..so how they thought they were going to win i dont know...but they have now settled in full..god bless em!!!!

but to this day ive still not recieved a single letter from NW telling me theyve refunded me or a statement of how it was calculated despite telling me on 3 seperate occassions that this would be done...still im not bovverred..i got me cash back,thats the reason we are all here...so stand firm and you Will get your money back .....

• Confused 1

ill give you my series of fortunate events:

i calculated my charges using their online website.

i sent preliminary letter asking for a full refund

they then said get lost

i sent another letter stating if no full refund in 14 days i will pursue thru the courts

they then sent letter saying heres £200 and thats yer lot forever.

14 days past i waited a few extra days cus i hadnt got the £120 quid till payday.

filled in n1 form at county courts.paid £120 and waited 14 days for the outcome.

went to courts on 15th day to be told they acknowledged claim and requested another 14days to respond.

approx 12 days later checked my account and was £1350 better off.

rang the NW who informed me it was a refund of interest/charges etc.

But i was claiming slightly more than that,so asked if this included interest..yes they replied..did it include costs ..yes they replied...i asked them to send me a statement with a breakdown of how the refund was made up..ok its in the post.

then later this week..another refund of £340 presumely for the interest and costs that id mentioned in my call.

today i recieved a defence claim from the court saying NW states that they have refunded charges for £1350 + £200 paid in feb..but will defend the interest and costs .

So i think they intended to defend about £170 but paid up £1350 of charges..so how they thought they were going to win i dont know...but they have now settled in full..god bless em!!!!

but to this day ive still not recieved a single letter from NW telling me theyve refunded me or a statement of how it was calculated despite telling me on 3 seperate occassions that this would be done...still im not bovverred..i got me cash back,thats the reason we are all here...so stand firm and you Will get your money back .....

I like your style!!!

I've only stumbled across this website today and will be requesting 6 years worth of statements tomorrow. Well done to everyone who has achieved a refund of their charges - I have a jount account with hubby and reckon that they've charged us about £800 a year in charges.

I really hope that we can join those of you who are celebrating.

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

You will! Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Thanks - I will.

I'm so fired up that I've already done the DPA letter - it's going by registered post tomorrow. ;)

Argos Employee

Anything I say is my own opinion and in no way am I a representative of Argos Ltd, Home Retail Group plc or any of its companies. No terms are created, nor liability accepted by myself or the for-mentioned companies for any personal advice I provide in my posts.

Have you completed the survey?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I will do it this evening. :)

erm....sorry, you don't mean me do you! Lol!

Argos Employee

Everyone and anyone ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Received a letter today from Deborah Desborough, Member Account Servicing, thnking me for my recent letter, cannot refund charges blah, blah.

I got the charges paid into my account on the 15th of April:D

Someone should tell Deborah what the rest of Nationwide is doing

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks