Nationwide paid up!!

coffindodger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I claimed for £2545.91 in a preliminary request on Tuesday and today was credited with £1973. ( the amount of the claim less interest).

A good result as I think I made a b**ls of the interest element of the claim. I claimed all of the interest payments for the months that I had charges levied even though I had an authorised overdraft. I'm not sure how much of those interest charge were due to a genuine charge for my overdraft and a punitive charge for going over the limit.

Any advice on how to calculate this would be appreciated as well as how to pursue the claim for interest.

On another note its nice to see that our campaign is causing the banks, and the Nationwide, in particular to respond to our claims in a civilised manner.

Whoo Hoo

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Charges refunded 15 April

It is extremely complex where an account goes between credit balance and debit balance - especially since every charge would have to be calculated seperately. Unfortunately there is no easy way of doing it, and very often it does not amount to a great deal of money.

On the other hands - enjoy your windfall, and don't forget to complete the survey: http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Survey completed and I take your point about the interest. I may just cut my losses on this as nationwide deserve a bit of credit for pleading guilty at the first opportunity;)

If any is interested about the sequence of events, after the DPA request was fullfilled I sent the prelim letter by recorded delivery to Charles Bacon along with an email copy and voila.

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

youve done really well to get them to pay up so early...hopefully they have woken up to the fact that to defend or stall is a waste of time and money...well done

I didn't do anything other than follow the excellent advice on this site. keep it up and if I can do anything to help anyone else then I will. The sad fact is, although I have got a result, punitive charges are being raised at this moment and 95% of the people they are being applied to have no idea how to get their money.

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Am I reading your original post right? You were repaid the charges in full after just the preliminary letter?

Excellent result, well done you.

Yes and in less than a week. I didn't send the prelim letter until last Monday and got refunded today

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

If any mod is reading then perhaps a name change to "Oh wise and great one" would be in order.

To be serious I am now spreading the good news about this site on other forums that have huge memberships. The only way the banks are going to take us seriously is greater pressure from customers

Brian

MODS ARE ALWAYS READING....LOL

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Looked on my internet banking today and the £1973 has been credited and is available.It was paid in as 4 x £493.25 transactions Strange eh?

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

.It was paid in as 4 x £493.25 transactions Strange eh?

I wonder if they are circumventing some internal authorisation limit?

Alan, Derby, UK.

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Thats what I thought Alan TBH I don't really care as long as the money is credited.

It does make you wonder if some parts of the organisation have accepted the inevitable but the systems have not caught up yet

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Well done, that is good news!

Nationwide:

Total claim (including interest) 951.78

Settled in full: 20/04/2006

Halifax:

Total Claim (including interest) 1635.21

Halifax Settled!!! 12/05/2006

First Direct

Total Claim (including Interest) £2451.05

SETTLED IN FULL!!

Nationwide (Round 2)

Total claim £450 (Taken after account closure)

Prelim Letter Sent 17th Feb 07

Halifax (Round 2)

Total Claim £1227 including interest

Prelim Letter Sent 17th Feb 07

Settled in full 20th June 2007!!

Blimey, you've done really well, some of us have been trying for weeks to get sense out of them! Out of interest, what did they say in their letter to you?

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

No letter as yet. I went onto my internet banking site to pay a bill on Saturday and noticed that the available balance on the transfers screen was £1973 more than on the statements screen. I phoned customer services who put me throught to a supervisor who said the repayment would not be available until Tues morning and she did not know what it was for. Checked again today and on the statements screen it said that it was a refund of charges and was available to spend ( I've transferred it out of the account just in case!!)

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Yes - great result. Well done.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks everone for all the support. If I can of any help to anyone at all PM me. I will be keeping a close eye on these forums from now on

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

Thanks for the support - it will be much appreciated.

Alan, Derby, UK.

have you recieved anything in the post today?...i still haven't.just wondering as my claim is up at the county court tommorow,and unless id checked my balance online id have never known that they had refunded me...i too have moved the money to e savings...lol...trust em as far as you can throw em...

Enforcer

I received a bank statement today for my Flexaccount but nothing regarding the refund. It appears as though they are trying to refund the money with as little fuss or communication as possible. They have perhaps realised that what they say to an individual is posted here for the benefit of other claiments. Only atheory of course but it seems alittle strange that refunds have been given with no written communications

Brian

Claim against Nationwide

6 years charges £1973

prelim letter 10 April

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks