B&Q Kitchen problems **NOW RESOLVED !!**

cazzajay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the update :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is now sounding better and I look forward to your updates.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Resolved! :-D

Kitchen was completed with my second choice of panels on Friday last week.

Very happy with the results - both myself and others agree the second choice of panels look better than the first.

B&Q have also made a three figure compensation for my inconvenience and a refund of the overcharged work, to be combined into one cheque which is in the post.

I'll update again when that arrives (I still have an "if" at the back of my mind!)

However, I'm very happy with the outcome overall as a result of my CEO email - it's a shame it took that far to get a response but I guess the moral of my story is that it is worth complaining until you get your way - and if you order a B&Q kitchen check all the items you ordered arrive before the build!

Thanks to all the helpful CAGgers too who steered me in the right direction in terms of progressing - I almost wish we had to put up more of a fight!

Smile, you never know who's watching...

Hi Cazza,

I'm delighted they have finally taken your issues seriously and worked effectively to reach a result with which you are happy. :whoo:

Please confirm when they have paid you but, in anticipation of no further worries, I've changed your thread title to reflect your excellent result.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

excellent news. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well I'm pleased to say over the weekend the cheque arrived.

More than happy with the result, though I was kinda ready for a fight!

I might drop a quick email to the CEO just to say thanks for resolving the issue.

Smile, you never know who's watching...

Hi Cazza and glad they refunded you as promised.

Thank the CEO if you want but perhaps also point out to him/her briefly where they failed so badly and repeatedly.

Who knows, maybe they'll even listen and learn to make things better for their future customers.

• 3 months later...

Hi James

I just come across your B&Q kitchen issue resolved. I am in similar situation as you. I also had ordered Santini Anthracite kitchen on 2 December 2013, delivery was due on 11 January 2014. I was advised by the designer that don't express the kitchen as it always short delivers. Well when I received my delivery I am missing 10 Santini Anthracite tall panels and 6 clad on panels and 6 doors, and 6 pelmet. The delivery date I have been given is 26 April 2014. I currently have no kitchen and staying with family and paying my mortgage for the house as well as rent to the family as I am unable to move into my home due to the mess B&Q done with my kitchen. Are you able to advise on what is the steps I can take to get this resolved. Since the 11 January 2014 I have been going to b&q nearly everyday, sometime twice as they been passing me people to people. Even then its not been sorted. At present I feel stressed out with the whole situation as if I have to wait until end of April for everything thing at this rate it will be summer before I can move into my house. I also had taken out finance for the kitchen and already started paying for the kitchen. Kitchen was not cheap kitchen and what sum of compensation I should be entitle to?

Are you able to give any advise?

Thank you

SS12

Hi SS-ZZ and welcome to CAG

It may be better if you also copy the post above into a new thread of your own, to get advice.