style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's not often that TV inspires me to do anything but the bullying antics of the two thugs who are the focus of this program have had me shouting at the TV set so much that the better half has actually turned it off and hid the remote.

How dare this bully boy lays his hands on bewildered women to snatch their car keys away not caring they have house keys on the same bunch or with any care for their personal safety.

Not often I'm made angry but this has left me apoplectic.

Evening all hope all are well

hope im posting in the right place

so im watching the "repo man" on channel 4

can this "company"/guy do what his doing??

in one part ive seen them taking car keys while the owner is in the car, to my knowledge isn't that robbery?

ive seen him fight with people..

is this around in the UK??

can finance company let this happen and hire these type of people??

i thought bailiffs were the worst people on the earth but these people take the mick

really would like to read others views

It's not often that TV inspires me to do anything but the bullying antics of the two thugs who are the focus of this program have had me shouting at the TV set so much that the better half has actually turned it off and hid the remote.

How dare this bully boy lays his hands on bewildered women to snatch their car keys away not caring they have house keys on the same bunch or with any care for their personal safety.

Not often I'm made angry but this has left me apoplectic.

Couldn't agree more! I'm shouting at the TV too

Are we just to assume that these people whose cars these thugs are snatching back haven't paid more than 1/3 of the finance agreement ???

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm watching it and getting angrier by the minute !

Are we going to be told what the legal status of these repossessions are ? Have any of those people whose cars have been snatched paid more than 1/3 of the finance agreement?? some finance companies instruct repo men in the hope that people don't know their rights and will be bullied into handing over the keys...

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have just seen a clip

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-repo-man/video/series-1/episode-1/s1-ep1-the-repo-man

I think the finance companies should be taken to task for hiring these thugs. This is no different to the old loan sharks and I thought that had been stopped.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just watched them tell a Chinese family a debt over 6 years old had to be paid - fuming.

Turned it back off now, can't allow this to annoy me this much!

Am going to catch it on +1, perhaps we should write to Channel 4 and educate them on the illegalities their "hero" perpetrates

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Am going to catch it on +1, perhaps we should write to Channel 4 and educate them on the illegalities their "hero" perpetrates

That's exactly what I intend to do

Oddly enough I have just done that, mentioned illegal searches, statute barred debts, racist comments, intimidation and violent acts employed etc. Followedd it up with a complaint to Ofcom - all done on line.

Also advised them I would be complaining to Ofcom so let's see what they have to say.

That's exactly what I intend to do

I shall no doubt be joining you in that action, the case referred to by Homer 67 about the Statute barred debt is very naughty.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

i don't think we are getting the whole story here

it seems that he is a bailiff?

or so reviews of the program state

so must be acting upon court orders?

anyone searched the register yet?

http://www.donegalinvestigations.co.uk/

is this the same lot?

say dissolved as of today?

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/donegal-investigations

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Companies House gives data on that company as Status: Dissolved 12/06/2012 Date of Incorporation: 28/10/2010, with no accounts ever filed. I'd have thought it is a different company.

the linked website is odd. It is almost certainly there only for the C4 programme : tehre are no proper contact details, and it is centred around the C4 broadcast . Is the company a television fiction or put-up?

I don't think they are certificated bailiffs they act on the instructions of finance companies, don't know whether they have court orders for recovery, or whether the paperwork is form the finance company and I'm sure the programme itself is prima facie evidence of assault, and other offences, by Sean and his crew.

addendum: have complained to Channel 4 and OFCOM.

Edited by brassnecked

I watched this programme, and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing - assault, bullying and general thuggery, absolutely disgusting!

I have also complained to C4!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Watched it myself and couldn't believe the whole "Hard man" image being portrayed, reinforced by the hiring of an ex pro boxer who "is prepared if it kicks off". :evil:

Anyone who grapples a man from his car and then physically assaults him without even identifying himself as shown on this program is guilty of assault and should be arrested.

Turned it off half way through as I started to think it was a complete fabrication engineered to stimulate the kind of outrage that is being displayed on here

I don't watch programmes such as this, as they are just annoying. There are a couple of US programmes which follow US repo firms and over there when they go out, they are at risk of getting shot.

channel 4od website

or their own one carried above holds all the episodes

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I too was disgusted and felt for his son to be honest who seemed the complete opposite to his thug of a dad! I said to dh that I could imagine him being a real bully at home ...funny how we never saw his wife! It was just so wrong in every aspect ....I just hope one day he gets to feel what its like to be in debt through no fault of your own and have to deal with all these people. They tried to make him out to be such a hero when he was only in service for a couple of years and left at 21 hardly service must of been too much for him! Sorry don't rant that often but he really got me going!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-repo-man

They have sunk to a new low where someone has set up a spoof where Repo man snatches a monitor, and the victim dies from a heart attack, Appalling, as someone with a heart complaint could actually die as a result of the manner of enforcement.

News reports on it here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10034081/Repo-Man-Channel-4-review.html

and:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/last-nights-viewing-the-repo-man-channel-412yearold-lifer-channel-4-8601542.html

My complaint

Your message :

This programme is disgusting, the Repo Man is engaging in possible illegal actions, is he actually a certificated bailiff? If so he is guilty of assaulting debtors and acting in a thoughroughly unprofessional manner, if he is a Certificated bailiff and the judge at the court of issue sees this he may well revoke it on the evidence of the programme. I will also be contacting OFCOM regarding the content and the actions of the REPO MAN.

CH4 reply:

Dear Mr Brassnecked,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding THE REPO MAN.

We are sorry to hear that you found this programme to be disgusting and you found the baliff in question to be unprofessional.

Please be assured your complaint has been logged and noted for the information of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Alex Chase

Hope the muppets pay attention