style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surprised at some of the negative press on here about the programme.Thought for one it was real cutting edge and honest in all forms .If people don't pay what do you expect company's to do just let them get away with it "Jesus get real people ". Thought for one the repo man acted professionally in that violent situation (as much as was reasonably expected given the circumstances).

Well done channel 4 on a great programme

Homer that wasn't racist comments he was expressing last night but an opinion on immigrants. Racism specifically means" a belief that your race is superior to others" there is a difference

troll mate you sure pal !!!!

agree you have made some very fair points but at the end of the day if people don't pay up and are given countless warnings what do you expect the agency's to do "Jesus". And as for your comment on the immigrant issue point taken though I doubt he was being racist if anything wrongly generalising as there are some who will milk the system but many others who dont .

What needs to be understood is the Repo man, acted in a manner that would get a bailiff collecting for HMCS or Council Tax in very hot water and a possible P45 if caught indulging himself by physically pushing a debtor around, as to grabbing the keys if he did that to keys inside a hall and pushed past an occupier to gain entry, that

may be frowned on as unlawful seizure

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The definition of a racist incident is "(A racist incident is) any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person". So therefore it is a racist incident. Secondly, having searched for Sean James on the certified bailiff register without success I can only assume it is either a sudonym or he isn`t a certified bailiff.

I don't want to go off at a tangent but I never once heard mention of a court, seizure notice or warrant. I had to ask myself wether this programme simply a spoof or front for banks etc. to scare the masses into believing they and DCA`s have the right to do as they please.

Brassnecked, with respect much of your compliant is incorrect. This guy is a Repossession Agent acting on the authority of Finance Companies and could not be acting under the authority of a Bailiff Certificate in this line of work. Yes, he may also be a Certificated Bailiff and you may wish to argue that he isn't fit to hold his certificate but this is a separate issue.

I watched with interest as it's clear his actions will only reflect badly on the enforcement industry even though it's not Bailiff or HCEO activity. What was laughable is that he made a big deal about him and his part time agents wearing a uniform to represent his clients professorially and then in the same breath he's effing and blinding at everybody!

The premise of the show is well founded but the execution of it using him is poor. I bet it get's good ratings all the same.

I am having extreme problems with seeing HOW the majority of his actions are LEGAL?

hes a repro guy, just the same as a DCA - NO legal powers whatsoever...

is he just blagging it everytime?

lets take the cars for instance and assume less than a 1/3rd has been paid.....

open the door ...grab the keys.. might be ok...

but what about if more than a third has been paid...

there's certainly NO court orders here.

I don't think its legal for him to just grab the keys, no matter WHERE its parked.

I also very much doubt, again if more than a third has been paid, he can drag it off a private drive...

on another point...

shows the 'innocence' of the parties..

did you see the DLC & Lowlife letters that woman has..referred to every one as 'a bailiff letter!!'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for clarifying what he is, HCEOs but as you rightly indicate the guy is not really a good advert for enforcement in any way shape or form in fact he is a good reason for killing off enforcement as he comes over like the abysmal US Repo Man with the egregious sister. These Repo men are obviously a law unto themselves then with more freedom to act like Dog the Bounty Hunter than a regular bailiff. so basically they can charge about and do as they wish without any check and balance as applied to a "proper" bailiff. In the USA someone would shoot him.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I agree with much of what you say. This kind of Repo Agent is not my area of expertise but I would certainly question the legality of snatching keys from occupied vehicles. Whilst the 'oik' that he wrestled with didn't help himself, this is a situation where he needs to back off and call the Police for support. From a Health & Safety standpoint it was abysmal. Surely it's only a matter of time before he get's seriously hurt. Big as he is, a knife does not care.

Yes he seems to get away with actions that would get certificated enforcement agents into trouble. Do you know what actual rules and guidelines govern the activities of these repo men?, they appear to act as they wish with no checks and balances to their actions.

As far as I am aware:

If more than 1/3 of the finance has been paid then a court order is required to repossess the vehicle and a country court bailiff would do that. If he has snatched a car where the 1/3 has been paid by deceiving the owner then the owner could take court action for compensation and recoery of payments already made.

If less than 1/3 of the finance has been paid then the finance company can instruct a recovery agent to repossess the car - but, he cannot take it from a private driveway - it's obvious that this thug intimidates to get what he wants and assumes people don't know their rights. Channel 4 should be ashamed of themseles.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The repossession will be sanctioned by a provision in the contract/finance agreement. The role of the Repossession Agent will be to recover the vehicle peaceably. There will be no 'powers' as it were.

I've no doubt it's a difficult job but to act in that manner is pretty astonishing. He doesn't appear to see any wrong in it either. Unbelievable.

Just watched it! So shocking glad I came to a group like this when a repo co turned up for our car when paid over 1/3 of finance and no court papers!

Acted same way too! so angry at this C4 should be ashamed!!

Channel 4's response to me:

Dear Mr Homer67,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding THE REPO MAN.

We are sorry to hear that you were disgusted by the behaviour of the repo men on this programme and feel it should not have been broadcast. Please be assured your complaint has been logged and noted for the information of those responsible for our programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards,

Dana Gray

Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

For information about Channel 4 have a look at our FAQ section at http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq

Sounds familiar...

Let's hope Ofcom have a more personal approach to complaints.

Channel 4 rarely uphold viewer complaints. Proof of that is in the programs they put out. They rely on shock factor to get ratings.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They always have and always will,

I must have watched something, completely different, to the vast majority of posters.

I did'nt witness assault, I saw the guy being attacked by an idiot, and show restraint, in the way he stood him off.

And everytime, he asked for the keys, he got them, to the cars..... in a very clever manner.

He was quick, clever, and knows how to do it!

The defaulters, were caught by suprise, and did'nt know there rights.

Thats the big big difference, in those instances.

Saw this thread and thought you might be interested in some following info on The Repo Man.

He applied for a credit enforcement licence Sept 6 2011 and this was refused.

He has phoenixed three previous recovery companies and dissolved them all

Donegal invesigations has been dissolved.

Doubtful he can be a director due to the time he has spent in prison. Lengthy stay of 6years for violence/intimidation and drugs.

the article you have seen already he was given a suspended sentence for a road rage hammer attack, whilst his wife was in prison. Only spared custodial sentence because of his child.

the links to these facts are on my twitter feed @bane201, being new here I cant post the links directly sorry.

This is just the tip of the ice berg with this man, he is an unstable dangerous man and what C4 are thinking is beyond imagination in promoting him.:evil: However shocking this is hopefully good may come from it if we can get the loop holes shut for all the vulnerable people left exposed to hench men like him.

• Haha 1

I think c4 would be interested to see your info

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Most definitely Send C4 them the link to this thread, or info on this disgusting individual. It would have to be site team who sent a link imho, but anyone else can send the links to the press reports

I dont think he is doing repo work for proper finance companys like blackhorse etc.

It looked like logbook loans, mobile money type work.

Big finance companys would issue keys to the repo agent & he would just turn up in the early hours and drive off.

This guy is making more money by saving logbook loans etc the cost of new keys (£150).

He is not a Bailiff & wouldnt get a certificate acting like this.

This thread shouldnt be under the bailiff section as it is nothing to do with bailiffs or HCEO.

But he is acting like he is a bailiff - of sorts.... and it is a matter of interest to those of us on the bailiff forum, as it is indicative of the nasty side of enforcement as some bailiffs act in exactly this way, look at Marstons bailiffs track record of assaulting debtors and innocent third parties

After having witnessed this tripe programme I was hoping for someone to come and take my tv away!

Firstly,

I found the show to just be one big glorification of test-fuelled self-praising simpletons that only appeals to like-minded thugs with an obvious taste for violence and spite...

.and what a perfect job for them to show their 'skills'.

Personally, I found the guy to be just plain well....

Not only was he the leader of a van load of obvious ex-criminals, but also a huge dumbbell himself,

only good at using spiteful and cowardice tactics to get the job done (despite his precious uniform).

His consistent excuses for his job throughout the show (people should pay their debt, it's just a job etc) were just a pathetic attempt in justifying his obvious threatening tactics.

If he stepped out of his nasty business and actually tried to make an honest living like everyone else

he would notice that not everyone can make a living being a bully to the elderly (which is exactly what him and his younger colleague did to that woman).

His attempt at showing people his 'sensitive side' wasnt winning anybody over either...

..the fact that he done a stint in the navy, likes painting pretty pictures on walls and takes his child to the park doesn't cover up his morals either.

As well as trying to air his tired and overused phrases throughout to appeal to the knuckle draggers of society

(rants about ****my kids, bloody dole scroungers, foreigners etc) without even a true thought behind what he was shouting on about in his tiny minded little world (van cab).

These thoughts I've heard a million times by workmates, customers, clients etc and only just enforce the fact that he was just a born racist,

full of arrogance and underlying bitterness to the world of change.

These comments are actually what made me sum up my opinion of him.

The fact that he had two black guys helping him didn't cover up his stereotypical nasty views on the world as a whole either.

Give him his due, he was actually very good at what he did...it's just a shame that he couldn't put his intensity

an hard graft into something a little more appealing to his 'softer side'.

...with his honoured past he could be a bodyguard to some important people,

a job highly sought after and respected, or a kids sports coach (again a very respected position)

or anything else.

But as this job clearly appeals to his honest tastes for being the 'main man' whilst he laughs in self gratification at his latest tussle

( I could only find anger and hate for this boot-ugly person.

At one stage he even mentioned about repossessing a tooth whitener one time...shame he didn't give his own yellow smashed up blocks a jiffy with it 😐

In conclusion, I found that all this programme did was just highlight the many spiteful ways these people can reclaim their property,

whilst making the intelligent public very angry at this show..

...my only hope is that he will one day knock the door of the wrong guy and end up getting a thorough taste of his own medicine.

Pure tat tv!!

• Confused 1