style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

igood job he is not a bailiff as he would have multiple form 4's against him in a very short space of time!

seems to me that repo's are un-regulated at the moment, maybe they should be

in the case of the woman with the red honda civic,

if that was my mrs with the young bloke with his head in the door,

he would of had a broken nose by her,

he was imtimidating by the very fact that he had her pinned in the car by where he was stood demanding the keys.

the other bloke should of put his recovery truck over the drive so the car could not be driven away,

i am assuming that he was in possesion of all correct paperwork to reposess the car etc.

the letters that she mentioned in the interview after, some were dca but most were bailiffs letters

and one with a HMCTS on it so it was a court warrant,

she need not fear those as they are for her ex partner and not her.

she needs to deal with them tho by letting them know either where the debtor is

or sending proof that she lives at the address and let the authorities trace the debtor at a new address

only saw DLC & lowlife letters not any bailiff stuff

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I shall no doubt be joining you in that action, the case referred to by Homer 67 about the Statute barred debt is very naughty.

i think the items were on lease and they never paid. so give the option of buying them or returning the goods

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Be interesting to discover whether the guy is going round representing himself as a Bailiff, which iirc is an Offence is it not?

It's just that a lot of the press articles seem to repeatedly reffer to him as such, it may be just a schoolboy error by the Journalists, getting confused, but he doesn't seem to be going out of his way to correct them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mr wise said:
Oh, and I see my views have been edited somewhat, and as a result make my review look retatrded...thanks for that >:-(

sadly we have to protect the site and yourself from carrying poss libellous comments

leigh04 said:
Well this has made it to the newspaper ie the sun, on page 34

link?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I apologise, I thought I was just highlighting what was clearly visible in the show as a whole. As well as voicing and opinion on a forum which is intended for people to have their say....obviously this isn't the case and I seem to have caused offence by having hit the nail on the head somewhat (in some cases)......I'll keep my libellous comments to myself 😕

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no issue just please remember websites are equally libel as yourself

even if the comments are p'haps true in peoples eyes

keep up the good work

dx

very interesting:

James got a nine-month suspended sentence for the 2008 attack in Bradford on Mr Lambert.

He was spared jail after Bradford Crown Court heard his son would be left parentless

because his girlfriend, car clamper Rebecca Meakin, was already in prison for blackmail.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4915825/Star-of-TV-bailiff-show-Repo-Man-beat-driver-with-a-hammer-in-a-road-rage-attack.html#ixzz2SPkt5mLk

and they

And to add, I've just read the article in the Sun newspaper regarding Mr James's colourful history and road rage antics (hereby just merely enforcing my overall assumption of this 'professional')......I'd post yet another lengthy opinion, only I shan't 😐

dx100uk said:
no issue just please remember websites are equally libel as yourself

even if the comments are p'haps true in peoples eyes

keep up the good work

dx

Very true...something I overlooked 😕

Sorry...too much twitter (shrugs)

Edited by Mr wise

and they

Mr wise said:
Very true...something I overlooked 😕

Sorry...too much twitter (shrugs)

Not even Twitter is safe now, the Twitterati are being sued left, right and centre, not to mention Prosecutions.

CAG cannot take any chances and has to veer on the safe side because obviously, we are a massive thorn in the side of a good many Companies who would jump at the chance to sue if given it, to try and get CAG shut down

I hope the Press have this between their Teeth now and manage to "name and shame" some of the Companies this pillar of the community is working for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and they

Not even Twitter is safe now, the Twitterati are being sued left, right and centre, not to mention Prosecutions.

CAG cannot take any chances and has to veer on the safe side because obviously, we are a massive thorn in the side of a good many Companies who would jump at the chance to sue if given it, to try and get CAG shut down

Fairy snuff.

...looking back on my comments kind of made me feel and look like a complete ranter (or something that sounds similar)...

..I think maybe having just watched the programme only yesterday and witnessing what was being classed as entertainment just made me feel rather miffed.

In all fairness, whatever a persons occupation entails is no concern of anybody else's.

it just struck me as rather vile that this show seemed to glorify these people as professionals in their line of work

, but in reality just gave a fictional insight into what happens in these situations...

..I myself am not in an upper middle class occupation, nor a candidate for Mensa

..I just can't resist but criticise when thuggery gets glorified and appeals (or even influences) to younger minds, in any form (series shows, autobiography's etc)......

Oh and just so as you know, I do (and should) have better things to do on Sunday....I'm just putting off gardening as I'm too lazy :-/

All the best :-)

best excuse for not doing gardening I've heard:lol:

and they

I suspect he is instructed by people like Log Book Loans so there is no third rule to worry about. And it is not robbery, you can't steal something that is yours in the first place. He is an unpleasant thug though, and whilst what is doing is quite legal no finance company who values their reputation will use him.

The Consumer Credit Act is their to protect both the creditor and the consumer

Doing a repo on cars with more than a third paid, doing a repo off private property without the owners consent etc will cost the finance company more than they bargained for.

I, myself am proof of that

The thing is people do not know statutory legislation, and these thugs take advantage of that fact

Not all cars are financed through a bill of sale and log book loans

Guaranteed all these vehicles will be less than a third paid, or on hire agreements, or bills of sale. On no occasion did this guy attempt to get a VS, because he clearly didn't need one. No creditor would be stupid enough to repossess a third paid vehicle on a hire purchase agreement. In the case of the lady who'd been shopping, it doesn't matter if it was third paid anyway as she wasn't the debtor.

Gaston one creditor is, we paid well over third but hubs lost his job at time did best to keep up but couldn't.

11 pm a knock a door turned out to be a repo guy for car!! If hadn't been for this forum i wouldn't have known what to do (8 months pregnant too!) he threatened me and my family. Called police and he heard me to which he replied see you in court on Monday ( this happened on a sat) he then left never to returned we had police turn up and were Lucky the police were clued up on this stuff!!

Finance company were took to court by ME!! And I WON!! they never saw a payment or the car again!!

I suspect he is instructed by people like Log Book Loans so there is no third rule to worry about. And it is not robbery, you can't steal something that is yours in the first place. He is an unpleasant thug though, and whilst what is doing is quite legal no finance company who values their reputation will use him.

Surely he shouldn't be working in the Debt Collection Industry anyway..

He lost his debt collector’s licence two years ago because of his criminal record.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4915825/Star-of-TV-bailiff-show-Repo-Man-beat-driver-with-a-hammer-in-a-road-rage-attack.html#ixzz2Sdd7DHZo

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I missed the episode and this news article is dreadful.

This story proves beyond any doubt that the TV did not carry out "basic" research before picking this person for this programme:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4915825/Star-of-TV-bailiff-show-Repo-Man-beat-driver-with-a-hammer-in-a-road-rage-attack.html

I saw the programme on the plus one, and the police should seize the film as evidence with a view to lay criminal charges on the Repo Man, and the Channel 4 crew and management for aiding and abetting. It is disgusting

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!